• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

I'm watching my first game at Worlds 2016. How is Smite compared to League of Legends and Dota 2?

So far I like Dota 2 aesthetically.

How popular is Smite? I heard there's a ~$2.6 Million Tournament recently.

Oh, I see it's available on XONE. That helped its popularity.

XenoRaven

I'm watching my first game at Worlds 2016. How is Smite compared to League of Legends and Dota 2?

The main difference is the controls and the camera. Smite uses a behind the back camera with WASD movement and mouse aiming. Otherwise it's a standard MOBA.

It's fun

The main difference is the controls and the camera. Smite uses a behind the back camera with WASD movement and mouse aiming. Otherwise it's a standard MOBA.

It also has more casual modes, though, which helps. Many friends of mine don't delve into the lane-based MOBA mode but rather play the other modes.

The patch notes that were posted earlier had the card art missing they can be found here: http://smitedatamining.com/smite-2-...new-skins-new-jungle-info-and-japanese-items/

T2 Isis:

3.png

King of the Deep Poseidon:

Kawaii Neith:

T2 Sol:

Kaiju Sobek:

Amaterasu:

Is there anything special I've gotta do for that Nemesis skin that I'm missing? Cause I linked my account on the mobile game and got the character in that, but not the skin in Smite.

Edit: Found it. Apparently you gotta get to level 48 or something. Plz Hi-Rez I don't want to play your swipefest phone game, just let me link my account and be done with it.

Is there anything special I've gotta do for that Nemesis skin that I'm missing? Cause I linked my account on the mobile game and got the character in that, but not the skin in Smite.

Edit: Found it. Apparently you gotta get to level 48 or something. Plz Hi-Rez I don't want to play your swipefest phone game, just let me link my account and be done with it.

WTF that's dumb.

Yeah, that's not so bad. It's just a skin, and a decent one at that. They want people to play their game. WB does this all the time in their games. I didn't mind it in Injustice.

Now if they were locking an entire god or mode, that's another story.

patchday

how to report afks? Had 3 people go afk in my first coop arena lol

In LoL/HoTS you can report after the game but I cant find

New code for today is "watchswcday3"

how to report afks? Had 3 people go afk in my first coop arena lol

In LoL/HoTS you can report after the game but I cant find

In the end game screen press the right arrow then next to each person's name is an !. Click that.

drotahorror

You don't even gain anything in co-op arena right? Honestly that would be kind of lame if you can report people when you're fighting bots (unless they were BMing). When I know I have something to do soon but want to try out something, I might hit up a co op (although I usually do a practice arena) and go afk mid match or just leave.

Zombine

Banned
I'm glad to finally see some Sol love with these skins. She's my favorite new God and I hated not having more options for her.

So I don't really follow the pro scene anymore.

How the hell is Envy not in this tournament?

The solo meta changed, Cyclone can play a carry in the solo but he's not great at the tanky solo meta that's going on now.

Also for some reason in a must win game Incon and Kiki swapped roles

Indignate

Cyclone no longer best player in the world?
throwgame.gif

TSM and Titan also didn't show up. I mean, I like C9, but I also don't like repeats.

I guess I'm cheering for the repeat.

Cyclone no longer best player in the world?
throwgame.gif

TSM and Titan also didn't show up. I mean, I like C9, but I also don't like repeats.

I guess I'm cheering for the repeat.

Cyclone, Kiki and Weaken are playing for some team, I think Envy< on the Xbox championship, he may be the best there...?

Adapting is currently the best player, jungle for epsilon.

Epsilon have a very good chance to win, their game with C9 is probably the biggest game of SWC.

Enemy are also a good pick, the dark horse.

patchday

Thinking I'm going to buy the god pack. Having fun. Really love how everything is a skill shot.

Watching this World Championship. Good stuff. Action packed right at the beginning

drotahorror

I've been a C9 fan through and through. I like those guys. I really don't care much about any of the other teams.

Word, have been a fan well before they were the champions.

never doubt Cognitive Prime er c9. Sick comeback from them. Well, early game was brutal and they came back from that.

I'm happy for NME too and I do like Epsilon.

Top Bottom