• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

On test server and people "test" what happens when you build crit first two items and run at people 1 v 3 when you are already behind. Let's hope none of your team mates want to test what happens more than 10 minutes into a game.

patchday

omg had no clue what to do on this conquest map. I went Athena thinking I could support the carry. But he goes afk and im alone in lane. Lost all my towers but somehow ended game with positive kda. really I got carried. Had a freakin' blast though even tho I got no guidance from teammates

Disxo

omg had no clue what to do on this conquest map. I went Athena thinking I could support the carry. But he goes afk and im alone in lane. Lost all my towers but somehow ended game with positive kda. really I got carried. Had a freakin' blast though even tho I got no guidance from teammates
My man I recommend you to keep playing as athena is awesome for learning the map, I suggest you to play with a party and have a friend as an Adc.

My Adc is my brother and Its awesome to carry our games together.

Why'd they have to wipe all the god builder stuff? I know the items are different and all but it would have been a lot easier to just let me go in and drop out the items that didn't work anymore as opposed to having to redo it for every god I play as.

mcz117chief

Why'd they have to wipe all the god builder stuff? I know the items are different and all but it would have been a lot easier to just let me go in and drop out the items that didn't work anymore as opposed to having to redo it for every god I play as.

They also restarted the UI settings :(

I'm sad they've removed the free login bonuses. I go through periods where I'm really into Smite and then I take extended breaks from it. The login favor/gems always kept me connected to the game though, and it was nice once I started playing again to be able to buy a new god or skin with the login loot. Now there's no reason for me to stay connected to this game when I'm not actively playing.

drotahorror

Yeah it's a bit of a downer for me too, I don't play every day but do play often. I do make sure to login once a day though. I understand them wanting to do it this way though, this will cause people to play more but of course could have the opposite effect too.

In other news 3v3 seems pretty sick, me and Thirtyfour07 went 3-0 I think. Arachne is a beast! glad she's back it seems.

Couldn't agree more, Luap. I'd always login for my rewards even if I didn't have an interest in playing. Often times it'd lead me to playing a match or two.

Oh well, I'm enjoying the new items. I tried Joust and had fun with it, but I don't think I could play it with randoms. Still playing Assault though. I'm a little annoyed people pick Meditation before another active there. I really don't think it's a good pick up in Assault anymore. There's better ways to keep your mana/health up.

drotahorror

Ever since Heartward Amulet has been introduced I rarely ever go meditation in Assault. I've never been called out for it either. Med is only useful on gods with heavy mana cost or if you think you'll be the only one that can clear safely. I guess it's alright for the HP return for the group but I still don't think it's necessary.

Rizzi

Oh well, Sol is my favourite mage and the skin is really cool.
So.. Yeah. Literally none of the chests I got had anything good in them though.
-_-

Indignate

Pretty much what I do in assault.

I don't see the reason for the Winged Blade. But then again, I might not be remembering all the slows in this game.

XenoRaven

Pretty much what I do in assault.

I don't see the reason for the Winged Blade. But then again, I might not be remembering all the slows in this game.
I was in a rush and I saw the base stats gave me CDR and Movement speed which I thought would be useful for chasing people down. I didn't have time to read up on the passive because I had to get back in the fight. There might be a better item for what I wanted.

Edit: I guess it helped me with Poseidon pools?

patchday

they did? That fucking sucks I spent a lot of time setting that up

drotahorror

What's good to build on Bastet?

This is what I did in my last game, but I feel like I just put a bunch of random crap together. I also built very little health and very little defense, since I like to get in, poke, and get out with Bastet.

http://smite.guru/match/xb/40031719#quick

Edit*
Winged blade was the correct pick up. If they had more physical and less slows, Mail of Renewal. Shifter's shield is great on bastet but very expensive. If you wanted to continue going damage don't go for the crit as you were in the last item. Get another penetration item like Brawler's Beatstick (buy for the pen the passive doesn't matter but it's great in season 3!). Bastet is ability based and ability based assassins favor penetration over crit/attack speed etc.

Edit: I guess it helped me with Poseidon pools?

Loki, Xing and Zonger all had slows. Posiedon has a cripple on his pool and he didn't have gem of iso.

Got Merc to rank 10 with a nice arena to finish him off:

UpbrLC-0h-dHVEO9IgOCXl7JdxHcAd4p39K-KN5lE4YKEc9bqK8c-VeX3g5kLpOKJFM3M2FxggdAFWKd6JuUJQf4bhYuZDxznbMQOO1THyQ657w0kp8-0qfUbDeYKVMbQt1QJqy22s7c1Cg03ZLLfv9Xf2yWwC1x8IVGUuYKC1Hq8RvmTusY6HPfX1TtnMjOIglYxKzcHJl68lE5_TXR3gd0DLCMXvHB7Nm1b3D2AbbQjz2y9_ZbbZKwrFackC5J5w2s1TpkuVBTKk-R4Yw5jRJfoe-b5Zpnh1HuKuE8CT18_nIKeoBj0M-TDMhRfh9xFCBhwZxGqbUoMoMbtC92jdo0Mr4hyUKS0XxPhD_Ovmt_jAVeHGPC_Opxth3taFLyH9V2lnyyUIgbFnCVkzroGGINOXS_tidbm1ZJc6ANnUQr9L-74I24-pipzQzdCA4IDNrZa1TsL2pDYKxlQooff7QtJ6-XoH0cviYV5cPXEMHwDa6RJmj4Kt1KwDZIKFIAMjEtRt_JbN21KoXvQMjiKa8kcY8QMznjsFwf1_0ANsGI3waVy5nFYFiLN9kQ9tFJ_ys=w1023-h229-no

Going to need a new assassin now though. Was thinking Awilix but Fenrir is looking strong and Drota has been making Arachne look very good.

XenoRaven

Can anyone tell me what the "Player Matchup" tab on Smite Guru means? It doesn't seem to reflect the actual game stats, but maybe I'm just reading it wrong.

Can anyone tell me what the "Player Matchup" tab on Smite Guru means? It doesn't seem to reflect the actual game stats, but maybe I'm just reading it wrong.

It's mainly just telling you account level and casual mmr of your team and the enemies.

The casual mmr is not offical though so it's probably not entirely accurate.

drotahorror

Player Matchup tab on Smite Guru from Left to Right

Player | Party | Account lvl | Smite Guru MMR | W/L for THAT MODE totaled | KDA for THAT God averaged (across all games in that mode) | Damage for THAT God averaged (across all games in that mode) | Gold Per Minute for THAT God averaged (across all games in that mode) |

I say "THAT God" because depending on which match you want to check the stats on it will show you different stats if you choose a match where you had a different god.

Quick Stats will show you the stats for only that game and nothing more averaged in.

XenoRaven

It's mainly just telling you account level and casual mmr of your team and the enemies.

The casual mmr is not offical though so it's probably not entirely accurate.

Player Matchup tab on Smite Guru from Left to Right

Player | Party | Account lvl | Smite Guru MMR | W/L for THAT MODE totaled | KDA for THAT God averaged (across all games in that mode) | Damage for THAT God averaged (across all games in that mode) | Gold Per Minute for THAT God averaged (across all games in that mode) |

I say "THAT God" because depending on which match you want to check the stats on it will show you different stats if you choose a match where you had a different god.

Quick Stats will show you the stats for only that game and nothing more averaged in.
That makes sense. So it's talking about your general stats instead of the actual game stats.

patchday

new joust map looks wonderful. Hope Arena map gets an update too it could use some prettier visuals.

had a fun match in joust just now too

patchday

Did Arena look better before? I was watching some old smite vid and Arena seemed to look a lot better but it was just a few frames of footage

I could be confused tho I havent played all the modes yet. Think I'm only L15 now with 6 gods mastered

Why did they make Xing Tians hook slam slow instead of root? Khepri's got a grab and a stun, Kumba's got a stun and a root, Athena's got her taunt, Ymir has a slow and a stun, Bacchus has a bounce and stun, and Ares, even without a hard CC, still has his chain which has huge range, silences escapes, lasts forever, and in combo with the full length of the flame thrower does huge damage for a guardian. Xing is fine, you got his damage down to a reasonable amount from release and that was really the only thing that needed work, now pls stop messing with him.

Did Arena look better before? I was watching some old smite vid and Arena seemed to look a lot better but it was just a few frames of footage

I could be confused tho I havent played all the modes yet. Think I'm only L15 now with 6 gods mastered
I liked it more before when it was nighttime.

creatchee

What's good to build on Bastet?

This is what I did in my last game, but I feel like I just put a bunch of random crap together. I also built very little health and very little defense, since I like to get in, poke, and get out with Bastet.

http://smite.guru/match/xb/40031719#quick

Well, Shifter's Shield and Winged Blade are two items I'd sub. Shifter's Shield is typically not a good item because of its cost vs benefit. When you're paying 2700 gold for a defensive item, it needs to give you health or really good utility. Consider Spirit Robe or Mail of Renewal - in this game, definitely SR because they have four magical gods.

Also, you want to get Titans Bane online early with Bastet - second item is preferable, third at the latest (and perfectly fine to get Jotunn's first in Assault because of the much needed mana increase and cooldown benefits). The reasoning behind this is that your 2 is a DOT and your highest damaging ability - you want each tick to count as much as possible. In fact, the entire mace tree (minus The Crusher) is your friend. You want and need pen with Bastet.

My favorite assault build to use for her is Warrior's > Titans/Jotunn's > Jotunn's/Titans > Spirit Robe/Mail of Renewal (pick one based on enemy team) > Brawlers Beatstick > Situational Defensive/Utility Item.

drotahorror

But only two quests per week seems a little low.

I'm not complaining but it looks like they're using the same quests they currently have for the 2 weekly's too? So like, just play 4-5 games with certain criteria and you get 30 gems? Seems the weekly's won't require much time at all. Which is fine.

Top Bottom