• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

If anyone wants to add me my name is MakeYouSquart, I cleared out my inbox so now I'll know when someone from Gaf is trying to add me.

I play just about everyday after 9pm EST and sometimes throughout the day. I pretty much only do arena but I've been thinking about getting into Joust.

I need to stop playing Smite first thing in the morning. Played 2 Arena games as Anubis and Hercules and it was a disaster. I couldn't hit a skill shot to save my life.

New skins:

Ama:

Nsqb4Q0.jpg

Season 2 Reward Ullr:

T2 Athena:

Gentleman Kukulkan:

Chang'e Mastery Update:

Bracket

I've recently gotten back into Smite after becoming bored with Dota. Can I get a clan invite?

Username:
RickshawBracket

Oh hey, it's the Ullr skin I was just discussing about in another thread. I really wish he was showing more skin.

This is a recent Ullr skin from Smite. I find him to be a rather good looking character. Would it have been too much for them to either remove the cloak, or shorten it in the front (and the belt) so it showed off his chest? It wouldn't look ridiculous, but would be pretty sexy. They have no problem doing that to the female gods though.

Could've gotten something like Lord Macintosh in Once Upon A Time. :(

New Sol Skin! Oh man I'm excited.
I don't got a problem with technodreads or w/e, but man if you're going to do em you gotta commit, can't just be throwing in some random tuft of hair. Might be cool though, I already have the Kaiju and Harajuku skins, so maybe if it looks good in game I'll get the other two things.

Indignate

The Sol skin is a final reward?

Is that a "you have to buy everything odyssey style" thing? Sadly going to have to pass on it myself then.

Pubs are hella angry tonight. I had two people try to hit me with callouts for doing bad when everyone else was doing just as bad, I ain't trying to say 6/9 is good, but when we got two others going like 4/9 and 2/8 do really gotta hit me with the shade specifically? Then got some Ares complaining that we're overextending when he spent more time in the enemy base than they did. Finally had some guy getting heated at his team for surrendering when they were down like 120 tickets talking about how they were totally about to come back, then some dude on my team joining in saying that he hates when people surrender because he wants to "win the right way"

Also gave Bakasura a spin tonight, he's pretty cool but his early-mid game is hellish and he gets blown up soooo fast. I did pretty bad all three matches I played, but all in all it was still probably a bit better than my early matches with Serqet and Awilix, and I slay it with both of them now, so I'll try to stick with him a bit and see what happens.

Most of those new skins and cards look awesome. That gentleman Kukulkan skin is the pinnacle of human achievement.

I had such an off day today. Starting with 2 bad games this morning, and then 2 more tonight where I just played terribly. I couldn't hit auto attacks or skill shots, and I kept finding myself getting caught out and killed, even though it didn't feel like I was overextending. Thankfully I did end the night with a victory as Ah Puch.

The silver lining is that I had no ragers on my team. I fully expected at least 1 person to give me shit for my awful playing, but nobody did. Most of my teammates today didn't say anything at all, which is fine by me.

CitrusStorm

Unconfirmed Member
Need that Kukulkan skin. ...And that Sol skin. Well, I already picked up Kaiju Sobek but at the same time that new Ymir skin is nice and Japanese too.

Oh god I'm slipping into skin hell aren't I.

Wow these active changes. :\ They removed so much of the active diversity. WHERE THE FUCK IS SHIELD OF THE UNDERWORLD?

THEN THEY MAKE HADES A MAGE?

...And they nerfed Ah Puch again. @_@

Every Smite meta is a hunter meta but other than that it's hard to guess if the changes will make the game overall better or worse. It seems that they want to emphasis crowd control over tankiness for defence. Overall they maybe want later game "one punch man" characters like Loki, Ao Kuang or Scylla to do better. Because what's more fun than being OP and getting pentas on a smurf account.

1v1 will have more bans, confirmed here: https://twitter.com/HirezScott/status/689992881352884225

This is great, Merc all day everyday in 1v1 for me now!

Some skin pics I missed:

Irezumir Ymir:

Tyr mastery update:

I've recently gotten back into Smite after becoming bored with Dota. Can I get a clan invite?

Username:
RickshawBracket

Sent

Also gave Bakasura a spin tonight, he's pretty cool but his early-mid game is hellish and he gets blown up soooo fast. I did pretty bad all three matches I played, but all in all it was still probably a bit better than my early matches with Serqet and Awilix, and I slay it with both of them now, so I'll try to stick with him a bit and see what happens.

Be careful with Baka as he id arguably one of the worst gods in the game. Any good player should be able to deal with him very well.

That 160 beads cooldown and no mention of any Ares changes has me legit shook. He'll be able to bust out two ults in the time it take for those to cooldown. And why do they keep nerfing Xing's damage but not Ares, they say they don't want Guardians having too much damage output but they never change Ares who can damn near solo squishier characters with just his chain and flamethrower.

No combat blink makes me sad, that'll hurt some gods.

After reading the whole patch notes assassins in 1v1 are going to be stupid. Gods like Merc, Loki, Bastet and Kali who could already back door are going to be able to do it so much sooner if some of these items go through unchanged. They won't even care about the new buff camp on that map.

Also watched Incon's vid on the patch notes (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0RLBfbASIk) and he's right, Herc is about to become so much harder to kill...

Season 3 has a lot of changes that could help Bakasura.

I don't see it and even if he is better the other assassins will benefit from the changes so much more that he'll still be a bottom tier jungler.

I don't see it and even if he is better the other assassins will benefit from the changes so much more that he'll still be a bottom tier jungler.

He's more of a solo lane god. Not saying that he is confirmed back as being best solo by far and played every game even though everyone hated playing him. But some items could definitely be potent on him and the actives changes swing more in his favour.

He's more of a solo lane god. Not saying that he is confirmed back as being best solo by far and played every game even though everyone hated playing him. But some items could definitely be potent on him and the actives changes swing more in his favour.

I'm aware of his solo lane potential but even now he's bottom tier there too. The changes are not great enough to help him much imo.

His level 5 spike might return somewhat but if he's facing off against a warrior or guardian he's not getting a kill when he gets his ult. This means he won't get ahead and will get pushed under tower.

Also due to the change in the blue buff location he may end up with less blue buffs overall so his already lackluster clear will drop if he has no mana.

mcz117chief

2. Amaterasu's new skin's card art is a reinterpretation of a famous painting of her:

Nice find, thank you :)

I like the Kusanagi No Tsurugi in this skin a lot more than on her current ones, it is more historically accurate. It is supposed to be more of a Chinese looking sword.
And yeah, Irezumi tattoos are great but I don't think I would have the guts to get them :)

Nice find, thank you :)

I like the Kusanagi No Tsurugi in this skin a lot more than on her current ones, it is more historically accurate. It is supposed to be more of a Chinese looking sword.
And yeah, Irezumi tattoos are great but I don't think I would have the guts to get them :)

I didn't know that about the sword. Looks like the card artist did his/her homework.

And yeah irezumi is so cool looking. In college one of my classmates gave a presentation on it. I could never do that to my body lol, but still, I think these look incredible (I like the colorful ones):

There's also some nice pics on Google of women with full body irezumi. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I want to be that man.

What's stopping you brah? All you gotta do is join the yakuza.

yakuza1.jpg

Indignate

Get a tattoo of some badass animal on my back and then go around getting into street fights with my shirt off while also making sure I have the time to help out the local hostess club and sing some karaoke at the club sega.

The Yakuza life seems rad.

Just saw that Chang'e card up close: hah, there is no way in hell she's Chinese! Hi-Rez really are masters of (sexualised) cultural appropriation, but eh, game's too good to care ;)

Spear of Desolation [New]
“Spear of Desolation is a new Luxury item that is set to provide a large boost in Power for a hefty price. Compared to Rod of Tahuti, this item offers different tools, with the potential for a large payoff assuming the player finds a kill. We are excited to watch how this item performs, and will be keeping a close eye on it.”

Branches off of Enchanted Spear.
130 Magical Power, +30 Magical Penetration, Passive – If you kill an enemy god all of your cooldowns are reduced by 8 seconds. This cannot activate more than once every 30s. Cost 3700.

Scylla, you're coming out of the Diamond stable.

After a little bit of time on the PTS Merc no longer need to buy boots.

He can get more power with other items plus those items together give more movement speed than boots do.

Add sprint on top of that and Merc is getting a lot of power from his passive and the new items.

patchday

Alright think I've been playing this game for 2 weeks now. Went ahead and got the god pack. Just to great of a deal to pass up on. More than worth it. much better than waiting for champs to go on sale in LoL (I still like that game but I like the monetization model in this moba much better)

1v1 will have more bans, confirmed here: https://twitter.com/HirezScott/status/689992881352884225

This is great, Merc all day everyday in 1v1 for me now!

Oh coo adding a 1v1 mode. That's pretty crazy! That's another thing I really enjoy about this game. Lots of different game modes, god builder, 3rd person mode, etc. I'm a happy newbie right here

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I dunno, man. Charging for voice packs and emotes? At least you can get the emotes for free currency but the voice packs for 200? That is pretty steep.

You can also get those for "free" by just spending Gems from weekly logins on them. At full price, that'd be about 1 per month. But the voices also go on sales at times for 50% off, which is the time to buy them.

And of course, they also can appear from treasure chest.

Another nice thing to not for the voices is that they work not just for released costumes, but also all future ones for that character. They're way more inclusive than I thought they'd be at first. I figured they'd charge per costume...

patchday

I dunno, man. Charging for voice packs and emotes? At least you can get the emotes for free currency but the voice packs for 200? That is pretty steep.

I dont think LoL offers additional voice packs and emotes. I guess the rough equivalent would be a legendary skin

I look it like this. Champs are mandatory purchases sort of. But extra skins and voices, etc is just extra fluff that is not necessary to play the game. I do buy extra skins, etc sometimes don't get me wrong tho

mcz117chief

I look it like this. Champs are mandatory purchases sort of. But extra skins and voices, etc is just extra fluff that is not necessary to play the game. I do buy extra skins, etc sometimes don't get me wrong tho

I think the voices should be automatically available but as SAB CA said you can save up gems with daily logins and buy them with those. It just sounds weird when you are communicating with the announcer's voice.

Oh coo adding a 1v1 mode. That's pretty crazy! That's another thing I really enjoy about this game. Lots of different game modes, god builder, 3rd person mode, etc. I'm a happy newbie right here

They're not adding a 1v1 mode it's already in the game.

It's a ranked mode though so you have to be lv30 to access it (as well has having mastered 16 Gods) and it will rank you depending on how you do (liked ranked conquest).

patchday

I think the voices should be automatically available but as SAB CA said you can save up gems with daily logins and buy them with those. It just sounds weird when you are communicating with the announcer's voice.

Oh... I didnt know that! Alright well that is strange.....

They're not adding a 1v1 mode it's already in the game.

It's a ranked mode though so you have to be lv30 to access it (as well has having mastered 16 Gods) and it will rank you depending on how you do (liked ranked conquest).

Thanks!!!

Top Bottom