• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Played my first match on the new Joust map, it's a bit confusing mainly because it's new though.

It seems like people are valuing the new boss too highly. Early game you don't have the damage to really hurt powers and late game your tank should be able to tank them.

Also the enemy team went for it while we had their titan at really low health. We just walked past them and ended it.

Played Merc in it. With sprint at level 1 he is definitely chunking for too much. Woulnd;t be surprised to see a nerf to his passive.

Indignate

No one is impressed when you play your level 10s
wink.gif

Can you tell our team to not die for T1/T2 towers late game
facepalm.gif

No one is impressed when you play your level 10s
wink.gif

Can you tell our team to not die for T1/T2 towers late game
facepalm.gif

I say retreat or save yourselves but no one listens.

People see that objective or enemy at lower health than them and they think they can kill them and get out even though the rest of the enemy team is there. They can't.

XenoRaven

I feel like sprint shouldn't affect Merc's passive. It's a cool idea, but in the name of using different relics for different situations, I think it's counterintuitive to have a god who loses so much by not choosing the same starting relic every time.

I wouldn't say he loose that much by not picking up sprint. If you go with beads first you're still potent, sprint just gives you an edge if you're looking to invade early.

If anyone fancies adding me on Xbox I could do with some more Smite friends.

Mostly play Conquest with Tyr/Ymir/Hel but would love to learn some new gods and roles.

The new Joust map on pts is fine for 3v3. Most people planning to play it should be happy I think. Although some people like long stand off games where there is no way to force fights away from towers. Arena and Assault maps will still be better for that.

As for balance some of the new items are a bit niche and I think will take some time to fit into builds. For mages doom orb/pen boots/spear of desolation is really strong. Being able to walk out of your Odin ring is also really good. Full cooldown on assassins seems like it will still be a thing but instead of Jotunns/Renewal it's going to be Jotunns/BP of Valor. But full cooldown mage is going to be harder to do with BP.

The new buff monster on the S3 Joust map needs to be changed.

Ran a game where we wiped them and went and got it. Along with it turning towers off it also gave us a fg buff at lv7. We wiped them again and were too far ahead even when the buff wore off.

It's also pretty easy to defeat. It's attacks do hit hard though, it did a move that I hadn't seen before so it hit me (I could have dodged it if I'd known) and it took about two thirds of my health, but still too easy to defeat.

Warding is pretty important on the new joust map. The come back mechanic is getting the jump on people when they are doing something like the fire giant but if you get wiped or don't have map awareness then you are in a bad spot. I had a game where I got to the fire giant a bit late but was still able to kill everyone who had the buff as they finished.

According to patch notes they only said it would be disabling towers so I don't know if it should have any other buff. I agree that the fire giant attack patterns make it a bit more gameable than it should be didn't really like that change a whole lot last year.

I need Street Fighter to come out so I can be cured of this sickness called Smite, at least for a time. I think I've played more in the last month or so than I played in my entire first year.

drotahorror

Recap of the 2 new/remade NA teams -

eGr
Divios - Solo
TheBest - Mid
Djpernicus - Jungle
Zapman - Hunter
Aror - Support

Team Flex

Mattypocket – Solo
Lassiz – Mid
DaretoCare – Jungle
Ocean – Hunter
Incon – Support

Excited for both of'em.

Recap of the 2 new/remade NA teams -

eGr
Divios - Solo
TheBest - Mid
Djpernicus - Jungle
Zapman - Hunter
Aror - Support

Team Flex

Mattypocket – Solo
Lassiz – Mid
DaretoCare – Jungle
Ocean – Hunter
Incon – Support

Excited for both of'em.

Does eGr still have a spot in the SPL? cause I know Flex is going to have to go through the Challengers Cup first.

Maaaan had such a hard fought match and the game logged me out just as we won and it and it gave me deserter. Had another match right before where our Ares got DC'd in the last two minutes and we lost because of it. Georgia servers doing some real good work tonight.

Hey everyone,

Would anyone be interested in being an officer for the Smite GAF Clan to send invites to new members? I get a lot of requests and I don't really have time/play Smite anymore to manage it.

Let me know if you are interested. Also, if you aren't in the clan, you should join. Last time I played there was a healthy little GAF community there to play with.

Thanks,

OP

EDIT: Also if anyone wants to update the OP, let me know.

drotahorror

Really starting to question why I play this game at all

Even in some of the games where I got dumpstered I was MVP on my team with most damage and best KD.

Like, can I not catch a break? My game with Chaac a few min ago, I had nearly 20k dmg (nearly 2x the amount of anyone in the game) while some of my teammates had 3k. This kind of shits not fair. I wanted to get better at Vulcan and Merc so I tried them out a bit (keep in mind, I've probably played 50+ games with both gods). Both of those games were EMBARRASSING. On both my part and my team.

Not gonna lie, most games that I win when playing solo I carry HARD. It shouldn't be that way. I should be able to play gods that I'm not good with and still inch out a win here and there.

It's hard to keep playing this game when you haven't won a game in 2 days.

I played with a few gaffers the other day I'm sure they could attest that i wasn't awful, I even posted that stealth brag picture of our win streak. And I play with Thirtyfour07 quite often he knows I'm not horrible.

XenoRaven

Are there are any decent/good solo laners here on Xbone? I need help getting good at solo lane and was hoping I could get some practice in 1v1 Joust matches sometime.

patchday

need to read a guide on Sol. Played her a bit last night but just cant get a lot of kills (Arena) with the kit. I setup god builder for her with the popular items I saw in a guide. Now I need to read up how to actually play her proper

I also suck with Chang'e

need to read a guide on Sol. Played her a bit last night but just cant get a lot of kills (Arena) with the kit. I setup god builder for her with the popular items I saw in a guide. Now I need to read up how to actually play her proper

I also suck with Chang'e
Hold auto attack and use 2 constantly, that's Sol.

I also suck with Chang'e

Chang'e is pretty simple. Her 1 is really her main attack move. It's easy to hit with and does good damage, plus it cools down REALLY fast. Her 3 can do some damage and I think it weakens healing too so it's good to throw out with while strafing around. 4 is good for setting up/securing kills.

I typically hang behind other people and use 1 a lot while mixing in 3 to heal and tack on additional damage. 2 I save for running away or dodging CC moves. If you have someone like Ares or Xing Tian then you can use your ult off of their ults to get a stun after them to make life worse for the enemy team.

Indignate

Her 1 technically gets a bigger hit box or something if you swing it. She also loses all backpedal penalties when she uses any ability, so quickly turning around to throw that out is a thing that you can do without losing momentum if you're running away.

You can also cancel her 2 to bait people into thinking you've used it, but it's noticeable to anybody actually paying attention.
I lied, they got rid of the cancelling of this ability when they fixed that bug.

Her 1 technically gets a bigger hit box or something if you swing it. She also loses all backpedal penalties when she uses any ability, so quickly turning around to throw that out is a thing that you can do without losing momentum if you're running away.

You can also cancel her 2 to bait people into thinking you've used it, but it's noticeable to anybody actually paying attention.
I lied, they got rid of the cancelling of this ability when they fixed that bug.

Yeah, no 2 cancel.

2 is the crux of Chang'e play, I think. Her 1 is powerful because it has such a low CD, and her 3 is a very useful anti-heal/spot of extra damage. My usual thing is 3 then 1, 1 then 3, 1 then 3, etc. She never does insane burst damage but she is deceptively powerful if built right. Her 4 is superb, and if used well, can turn a teamfight (we've won very close Joust matches off one Chang'e ult, when it works it feels great: 3+ second stun is game over, and has relatively low CD also so can game beads easily - let alone S3 beads!), whilst it can also be used to snipe and to win a solo encounter, if backed up with enough damage and mana (she is a papercut god: you need the mana to be able to cast a lot of spells, I find: Thoth is a godsend).

2, however, is what it all hinges on. It nullifies everything, but has a much higher CD than 1 and 3, and without it she has very little defense. A good anti-Chang'e in solo will bait the 2 out of her. Learning to use it at the right moment will delight you and infuriate the enemy.

Finally, she moves fast even when casting. Dance with her. I love playing her on X1 in particular cos of the sticks: you pirouette around the enemy, and with her massive hit boxes you just cut them to pieces (esp. with a Gem of Isolation, that shit makes it really fun), and can then dance away, heal your team, provide CC, anti-heal, and regular, decent damage. <3

Indignate

He sounds way more hurt over this then Jeff did, although it's understandable that they both are. Edit: Okay yah, definitely. I didn't even watch the whole video at first.

Really wish that Barra would have went with Jeff and Brett to make a new team, but he made the choice that he felt was right for him. Eager to see what becomes of everyone out of this.

Pretty sad hearing St3alth like that. Must really suck to be put in that situation. Andi's a dick.

I'm not sure Andi's completely to blame.

It sounds like he was willing to go off and make a new team with Snoppy and the other guy (forget who) but Baskin wanted to stay with Andi. This left Barra with a decision, go with Andi and Baskin and stay in the SPL or go with Jeff/MLC and be a free agent or have to jump into the challengers cup.

Barra's choice was his and I can understand why he made the one he did but I'm not sure it really ends up being anyone's fault really.

Still sad to see MLC and Jeff like that but I can't imagine they'll be teamless for too long, they are some the best support/mid players around.

drotahorror

I think Andi just wanted to keep the C9 sponsor and who wouldn't? Andi and Baskin could have left and joined up with Boosh and Snoopy, then they need 1 more to form a team. Instead they boot Stealth and I don't know the whole deal with Jeff and then force Barra into an awkward situation.

I like Andi and have followed him for a long time but I lost a little bit of respect for him now.

Wow that's awful. Barra, MLC, and Jeff were the main reasons why I loved C9/Cog so much. I really thought they would make it out intact for this season.

Sad days. I don't think I'll cheer for a team as happily as I did for them.

drotahorror

If anything though the upcoming? spring split will have some really cool rival matches going on. Gonna be super hype for that to happen.

patchday

Hold auto attack and use 2 constantly, that's Sol.

Chang'e is pretty simple. Her 1 is really her main attack move. It's easy to hit with and does good damage, plus it cools down REALLY fast. Her 3 can do some damage and I think it weakens healing too so it's good to throw out with while strafing around. 4 is good for setting up/securing kills.

I typically hang behind other people and use 1 a lot while mixing in 3 to heal and tack on additional damage. 2 I save for running away or dodging CC moves. If you have someone like Ares or Xing Tian then you can use your ult off of their ults to get a stun after them to make life worse for the enemy team.

thanks for the tips btw; very helpful!

patchday

Last night I took Sol into an Arena match and did wonderful. Think it was 7/2/15 and we won the match.

Got 3 gods 'mastered' now. I guess by the time I can enter ranked matches I'll have the prerequisite met

Last night I took Sol into an Arena match and did wonderful. Think it was 7/2/15 and we won the match.

Got 3 gods 'mastered' now. I guess by the time I can enter ranked matches I'll have the prerequisite met

If you're thinking about going for ranked conquest you should really have more than 16 mastered.

Often your god could be banned then you're in trouble or you may have to grab a god for someone else and if you don't have that god mastered you won't be able to.

If you intend to play 1v1 it won't be such a big deal as long as you have 3 or 4 gods that are considered good in 1v1s (the good ones may change once S3 has settled).

3v3 will probably end up being in the middle in terms of how mnay gods you should master but we'll know that once it gets setup.

Korosenai

Can someone explain Chronos accelerate to me? What's the difference between the third and fourth half, and why should I ever choose the third one over the fourth one?

Can someone explain Chronos accelerate to me? What's the difference between the third and fourth half, and why should I ever choose the third one over the fourth one?

The third section increases your power stat while the fourth is your basic attack power stim. Late game you should almost always be using the fourth and landing heavier basic attacks at the same time as the hastened fatalis style buff. In lane I guess it's up to you if you want to save mana with 2 or use 3 to give your abilities better lane clear. I guess if you go cdr Chronos you could land 2 powered up rifts and a stop time with the power only stim.

The power buff basically changes your rift from 85% scaling to 100% scaling. 100% power scaling is good.

The stim changes your basic attack from 20% scaling to 55% which is awesome.

I played another game on PTS, Anubis is really good right now.

The beads nerf means if you are quite good at hitting his wrap you can get so much damage off.

Also with the new items I was able to get 551 power at level 13 with one item still left to get. Everything melts.

Not sure if he'll be back in the meta for conquest due to still being really easy to gank but in 1v1 and 3v3 he could be a first pick/first ban god.

patchday

If you're thinking about going for ranked conquest you should really have more than 16 mastered.

Often your god could be banned then you're in trouble or you may have to grab a god for someone else and if you don't have that god mastered you won't be able to.

If you intend to play 1v1 it won't be such a big deal as long as you have 3 or 4 gods that are considered good in 1v1s (the good ones may change once S3 has settled).

3v3 will probably end up being in the middle in terms of how mnay gods you should master but we'll know that once it gets setup.

oh... I didnt realize you could only play gods you've mastered. Makes perfect sense but never seen a Moba enforce that

Top Bottom