• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Aren't we suppose to be getting 10 gems per first win of the day, up to 30, starting today?

Anyone else not get theirs?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Ok, just completed my 3rd, and received the full 30, as stated. Cool. They revolve the methods enough, so that it's never a sure thing. Thanks to you both for clarifying!

Whoa, finally found an assassin I love playing, Kali. She's a total beast once you get to mid/late game. I really like that she can go all out on someone (target) and just not give a damn. Then if you get a nice target chain. @_@

Just being able to go blink, stun, bye to squishies is so much fun, lol.

The problem with Kali is that she is a bit like Sun Wukong. Some pros win a game or two with her and the whole community collectively loses their minds until her items are nerfed. If you play hunters or gods like Thor or Hun Batz you never have to deal with this mania as they are always just really really strong.

drotahorror

Just had a game of clash with a party of 3 people. All they did was troll me and a friend all game. It started with thor walling us in the fountain at the beginning and spamming laugh. Aphro said he didn't heal 'gays' (never said anything about sexuality) so he never healed me or actually any of his friends either. The Thor just followed me around and every time I'd try to back he'd wall me and laugh and dance.

Smite is actually a shit experience lately. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone at this point.

So the open bracket is bout to start (15mins). This is a small tournmanent running this weekend and next weekend and is the first step for a number of teams to try and make it to the SPL. It will be shown on the smite twitch.

Hopefully Incon and Team Flex get through.

XenoRaven

Athena is so OP in these MOTDs with reduced cooldown. Like it's not even fair.

Some people tried to cheese us by picking 3 Chronos and 2 Odins.

We had the counter to their cheese with double Vulcan. I played Athena and we had a Neith and a Hel.

Every time the Odins tried to dive the back line I taunted them. They would panic cage and just trap me, then both Vulcans would put a turrets covering the entire cage and ult inside of it. The Neith went 15-0. All she had the whole game was Jotunn's and Meditation.

Got this 2/9 Neith all hasslin me because he can't hit his shots to save his life, and a Sol crying because I accidentally threw Xing at him a couple times (as Sobek) because their Xing happened to be very good at intercepting me on my way to Zeus. But no one said shit when I delivered almost every single kill we got. Tanking is such a thankless job.

gogosox82

Got this 2/9 Neith all hasslin me because he can't hit his shots to save his life, and a Sol crying because I accidentally threw Xing at him a couple times (as Sobek) because their Xing happened to be very good at intercepting me on my way to Zeus. But no one said shit when I delivered almost every single kill we got. Tanking is such a thankless job.

Get none of the credit when things are going good but get all the blame when things go bad. Sounds about right when your supporting. In Arena, they love to rage at you if you build damage as a tank even if you say in lobby "im building damage this game" before the game.

It is, but I love it. You know you are the cornerstone of the team. I always like support > dps (except as Scylla or Merc!) for this reason.

Get none of the credit when things are going good but get all the blame when things go bad. Sounds about right when your supporting. In Arena, they love to rage at you if you build damage as a tank even if you say in lobby "im building damage this game" before the game.
It grinds my gears in Assault when 9/10 times the person who gets stuck as support has never played the role, or the god, before. Yet when they fuck up they get pummeled to crap.

I'm a decent Sobek, but there's been times where I've flung the wrong person during a hectic team fight leading to someone on my team dying. I try to spam Sorry VGS, but still get yelled at, lol. At least I can land my flings though, I feel the pain of those new Sobek players that miss every one. :(

Korosenai

This is how it's been for me playing league on Xbox. It sucks.

One game I died a lot peeling for my teammates. They were brain dead and didn't know when to retreat, and I saved them from dying 3x more than they already did. After the game they all messages me to stop feeding and to stop playing ranked.

We got the most kills off of Xing too so it made even less sense for them to complain about it

patchday

so is the ranked 1v1 mode any good? My biggest grief with mobas is being ranked with randoms. Hope they keep solo lane mode around long enough for me to try it

Also look forward to ranked Joust.

so is the ranked 1v1 mode any good? My biggest grief with mobas is being ranked with randoms. Hope they keep solo lane mode around long enough for me to try it

Also look forward to ranked Joust.

The duel mode is okay, you've got a handful of gods that are strong. If you want to win your best bet is picking one of them. You can win with lower tier gods but it will be much harder. Right now the best gods are hunters and assassins due to their ability to take towers and the fg really easily.

Bennna is generally considered the best 1v1 player and here is his tierlist: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaU-IGjWIAARrGI.png:large

It is not entirely up to date as he has stated that he now believes that Vamana is the top God in duel.

The mode is not going anywhere.

drotahorror

So this is what Chronos late game feels like

mfE3bQ7.png

Like, it's not even fair.

Today's MOTD is Arena, Level 20, 12k Gold.

With 12k you can buy - pen boots/chronos pendant/doom orb/rod/demonic grip/ last item I've been going spear of deso.

The way I see it is in conquest you can win your lane hard and still lose the game because someone else was bad or just got out played.

In 1v1 if you're playing well then no one can hold you back.

Aye, I see the value in that, but for me SMITE/mobas are all about teamwork and teamplay. Winning a solo lane is crucial in conquest, say, but for me that's just a building block, not the end result.

But whatever, more options for differing tastes is of course most welcome!

Just did the chronos arena thing. 17/8/16 with twice as much damage as our anubis only outdamaged by zeus on the other team. Library build. Start: Boots, thoth, poly, shard, rod. Finish with winged blade or spear of desolation depending. Complete the library with soul reaver if you are feeling it I guess.

patchday

Yeah I am just not friendly enough or good enough at mobas to carry a bunch of strangers. But I feel I'm doing great in Joust so far. Joust is great cause I can keep a close eye on the other two randoms

Ranked 1v1 I am sure is going to be crazy unbalanced with only like a handful of viable gods. But good for screwing around in!

Thanks you guys rock

Btw- please link me Smite youtubers with great newbie / noob guides. Only L16.

Have any of you played Paragon? I know it's under NDA, but I am really enjoying that game as a Smite player. Can't wait to get to talk about it.

There are rumours that he's going to be replacing Bart on the casting desk which, based off his S1 worlds performance, wont be a bad thing.
I hope he does, many of the pro players are amazing casters/analysts. Allied is definitely one. He's also a really entertaining streamer, so maybe he'll have more time for that now. He's one of two Smite streamers I'm subbed to.

Indignate

I sensed some animosity there. Sounds like he got kicked and tried to spin it real hard into it being his choice.

Might be making this decision in anger more than anything else.

I sensed some animosity there. Sounds like he got kicked and tried to spin it real hard into it being his choice.

Might be making this decision in anger more than anything else.

I don't know about that. He had talked about this being his last seasons some months ago maybe not even doing it if the Xbox tournament went bad.

On the other hand he has been replaced with MLCStealth which is a huge upgrade in mid considering he is one of the best midlaners around.

He has also come across as annoyed with the direction the meta is taking in one or two videos he has made so I don't feel like leaving it is that big of a surprise.

Either way if he does move to casting it should be great as there a few players in his league when it comes to analysing/casting.

patchday

7 gods mastered now. So many gods to play havent even tried half of them yet. Been busy trying to master a few before I hit 30.

Hm, I think leveling has slowed down (meaning, I think it takes longer and longer to level up). I hate vertical progression grinds. Well guess I'm in no big hurry to hit 30. Was hoping to hit 17 tho before SFV releases tonight which might distract from this game

drotahorror

^ Leveling does slow down. I played with a friend til he hit 30 last year, and this is a rough estimate but it took between 30-50 hours for him to hit 30.

But keep doing what you're doing. Play all the gods, master all of them. Get used to their abilities, know how they play and how to fight them/against them.

Also if you ever want to play ranked you have to have the God mastered in order to use them in ranked.

I don't really know any youtubers that have guides, maybe weak3n? I'm not sure.
This is also his website that shares a few builds - http://www.smitejunkies.com/

I don't care for weak3n but he's knowledgeable and a solid player.

Awesome Ra skin. One day I hope to take part in a robots vs. pirates Smite battle.

Robot skin team: Sol, Khepri, Anubis, Geb, Medusa
Pirate skin team: Kali, Tyr, Neith, Sobek, Poseidon

That Chocolate Chaac card is the stuff of nightmares though.

So I've been playing for awhile now and I seem to have hit a bit of a wall and need some advice.

I have no idea what I'm doing with regards to items, every time I turn auto buy off I seem to just get destroyed, I've tried looking up guides but it seems like there are hundreds of them and I'm finding it really overwhelming.

If I leave auto buy on I'm generally one of the top players on the team.

I'll generally play Solo(TYR) Carry(Artemis/Hel) Support(Ymir).

Just wondered if someone had some advice or some recommended guides?

Oh and I'm playing on Xbox.

You can normally just learn one build you are comfortable with for different roles and mess around with it a little.

For Hel you can use a generic cooldown mage sort of build.

CD boots, chronos pendant, book of thoth, obsidian shard, rod of tahuti.

A build like this will give you fast cooldown, good mana regen, plenty of power and some armour penetration. It's a sort of an all round build. The main problem with it is that it is pretty squishy and hel can die easily so you could trade off some other stats for defence. Then you have to know things like you are building chronos pendant for cd but you could replace it with bp of valor or mantle of discord.

Hel is also a pretty weird mage so standard mage builds being used by other gods don't always apply as much. Like penetration is a lower priority and cooldown is a higher priority.

For learning builds if you stick to one role to start off you will find it easier to learn since they share a lot of common items.

Top Bottom