• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

oakenhild

Had it in my cart at Walmart. Coworker tapped me on the shoulder and asked for help right when I was going to check out, so I missed the approximate 90 seconds of availability.

Had the product page loaded at Target. Added to cart and checked out immediately when I got Wario's tweet. Site errored out. Wasn't able to get one.

Wow, fuck this mess.

Walmart was more like 10-15 seconds of availability. Was a lottery just getting one immediately.

Missed the amazon pre orders guess that means yet again no mini... maybe Nintendo will be smart enough to give us a fucking VC on the Switch but I doubt we will be able to play Starfox 2.

shira

Had my order submitted on Target. Spun for like 5 minutes. Took my back to the review order page.

FUCK.

THIS.

SHIT.

UAaDbsB.gif
UAaDbsB.gif
UAaDbsB.gif
UAaDbsB.gif
UAaDbsB.gif
UAaDbsB.gif
UAaDbsB.gif
UAaDbsB.gif
UAaDbsB.gif
UAaDbsB.gif
UAaDbsB.gif

BTA

Fuck it.

I'll get an Uber and go to a physical Gamestop right now. Worst case I wasted 20 minutes of my lunch break.

Zen Aku

I remember hearing/reading somewhere that they are just super risk averse when it comes to production, to a fault, which is understandable with anything other than a fucking SNES Classic.

or the damn Switch. Hell the only thing in recent memory that they produced way too much of was the Wii U.

I tried with Target almost exactly when they went up (before the wario tweet). Still got an error when I hit submit at checkout.

This is entirely nonsense though and so much blame needs to placed on Nintendo. Absolute shambles.

maxcriden

Target didn't work on my browser. Then it let me add one on mobile. Then it made me verify everything a bunch of times and then it cart jacked me. -___-

charpunk

Awesome that I was logged into target and they made me enter my security code again so I missed this shit. Fuck everything right now.

Rookhelm

had it in my cart at Target, realized it was an old card, tried to switch to Paypal, which took longer...got an error on checkout, then out of stock, then cart cleared

Fox Mulder

So fucking sick of Nintendo's shit. This is so stressful just to order one god damn item.

just let it go. They don't respect you as a customer so fuck them. I'm done jumping through hoops for their plastic shit and the nes classic broke me free. I'll spend the money on other things.

OmegaFax

It's inexcusable that Nintendo is even giving the system the time of day with advertisement spotlight when they know they have a small quality and aren't communicating at all to retailers or customers. It's a NES/Switch/3DS LE system/Amiibo/Literally Anything Nintendo produces situation all over again.

I'd even go as far as saying YouTube channels and social media aren't helping the problem. I mean, at least Wario64 and some other pages are at least trying their best to give people a heads-up that are genuinely interested in getting one. My point is ... I think random, nearly unaffiliated people to Nintendo are doing more, if not all the advertising, marketing, and sales legwork and getting anything out of it.

Nintendo only seems to keep a hands-off, "fuck y'all, we produce them and don't give a shit what happens to them after they leave the factory" approach. They leave retailers and customers out to dry. Seriously, what's up with their machiavellian, viral through viterol fueled approach to marketing. What's so damn hard about saying "We're working with retailers to coordinate pre-order availability in a timely manner. Don't worry. Thanks for your interest in our product. We appreciate it" ...

Instead, it's "Well you should have been up F5ing at 1AM-4AM"

Sorry about the rant. Vulcan out.

aite y'all i have a european on preorder from amazon UK i guess i'll trade for a US one because that's the console i grew up with, if anyone wants to trade hit me up lol this is a circus

Clockwork

Why don't the retailer systems deduct stock based on when it is added to the cart vs when the sale goes through? If someone doesn't complete the checkout process then remove it at that time and add back to inventory (or after a set period of time).

This cart jacking business is completely unnecessary.

More load on the server. Ping when added to card -> database query -> Ping when bought -> confirm database

vs: Ping when bought -> remove database.

Still seems like the appropriate we to do things. That is how I would do it if I was an online retailer.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Tried to get one at target but website kept crashing at checkout now sold out. Oh well.

IronRinn

Welp, guess I'm gonna have to hope I can get one after the New Year like with the NES Classic. This whole process is so fucking stupid.

Top Bottom