• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

The real bloodbath will be when those weird-ass "GameTrust" "digital" Amazon preorders get cancelled - or worse, never fulfilled without anyone being notified. I'm super-skeptical. Overseas workers "confirming" its legitimacy is something I can't believe anyone is actually putting any stock in. I'd love to be wrong. :(

Clockwork

Why don't the retailer systems deduct stock based on when it is added to the cart vs when the sale goes through? If someone doesn't complete the checkout process then remove it at that time and add back to inventory (or after a set period of time).

This cart jacking business is completely unnecessary.

Yuck, Target let me get all the way to the end of the order and then errored it out. Let me resubmit a couple times but then started defaulting to out-of-stock.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Had it in the cart at Walmart...sold out before I could do anything.

Got to the payment screen and tried to finalize the order at Target...gone. LOL.

I'll see if I can get one from Amazon Prime later on like I did the NES, I guess.

rudger

GameStop computers shut down when Amiibo came out. I couldn't even preorder Ness in person. Why would we expect them to be able to handle this?

DoomGyver

Nintendo: we're going to have plenty of Snes classic stock, instead of 50 NES classics at each store we're going to have 100 SNES classics for preorder at each store. That ought to fill demand!

Nydius

Is it sad that I'm now more anxious than I was before the F5 lottery because Walmart has a track record of canceling orders/preorders after the fact?

Had it in my cart at Walmart. Coworker tapped me on the shoulder and asked for help right when I was going to check out, so I missed the approximate 90 seconds of availability.

Had the product page loaded at Target. Added to cart and checked out immediately when I got Wario's tweet. Site errored out. Wasn't able to get one.

Wow, fuck this mess.

Mihalis0013

Neo Member
I spammed refresh on Target. Saw it was up. Added to cart. Did checkout as fast as I could. Wasn't fast enough.

I text my wife that I didn't check out fast enough and I couldn't get one and she replies...

"Ya well I did!!!"

so amazon is going to have preorders available in ~10 min? even though they had some in the middle of the night already?

Why don't the retailer systems deduct stock based on when it is added to the cart vs when the sale goes through? If someone doesn't complete the checkout process then remove it at that time and add back to inventory (or after a set period of time).

This cart jacking business is completely unnecessary.

More load on the server. Ping when added to card -> database query -> Ping when bought -> confirm database

vs: Ping when bought -> remove database.

Cels

gamestop pre-ordering is in-store apparently

no online for them?

https://twitter.com/GameStop/status/900043899208687617

DH2ZJ3yW0AMHsQ0.jpg

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a company that hates their customers more than Nintendo?

After my first preorder got canceled I don't even want this thing anymore.

Top Bottom