• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

akileese

I'm just going to keep my $80 at this point. This is too much hassle.

My wife was freaking out over it this morning. I told her after a few days of trying to get the NES classic that the novelty of the thing just isn't worth the aggravation. That same sentiment is ringing true here. I'll try to nab one, but fuck refusing to sleep or taking days off to try and get one.

Boke1879

GameStop is doing in store orders I guess. Try your luck there.

Cheap Ass Gamer
@videogamedeals
News: Local SNES Classic GameStop Store Allotment is 10.

Media preview
12:27pm · 22 Aug 2017 · Hootsuite

This is a fucking joke Nintendo.

Lifeline

Missed every store. Walmart was BS, I added it to cart as soon as it showed up.

Guess I'm waiting for the Chinese knock off instead.

I had two more in cart. Just trying to get some for my friends.

Couldn't remember my password and by the time it was reset, TOO LATE.

God fucking dammit...

Sillution

Fuck all of this.

99vReXk.png

Yep same happened to me

Zutrax

Of fucking course my work has to have a mandatory meeting for literally during the time period all these pre-orders are going live. I'm still stuck here until 1PM and can't even get out to go to Gamestop for those yet. This is complete bullshit.

Man people are going to be so (rightfully) pissed at Nintendo. Walmart and Target were available for a combined 1 minute? It's just crazy. There's no excuse either.

owlbeak

Fuck Target, and Fuck Nintendo.

Re-enter your card info, website slow as shit, then "Something went wrong" and then "you have no items in your cart, also these are out of stock now". I have a Euro version preordered on Amazon.de, but I think I'm just gonna cancel. Fuck nintendo for this unnecessary bullshit. They don't deserve money for this sort of shit.

Quonny

Yep. I'm done.

Anyone have a link to where I can get some more information on some retro emulation/whatever consoles and controllers? GAF thread, news article, wiki, whatever.

I really just wanted to get this for my wife, but I'm not messing with this garbage anymore.

whalesex

Neo Member
The Target thing was awful. I was literally refreshing the page the second they went live and even though I was able to auto-fill my information, it was still too late. I genuinely think they had 50 available or something. I've never felt so close yet so far away.

Has Nintendo commented on better availability or is this going to be another NES mini situation?

They claim there will be higher supply but the potential problems with that is that A) AFAIK we have no idea what that means. How much more? and B) it's possible the demand for hte SNES will be even higher. Even though the NES sold more in it's prime, the SNES seems to hit the nostalgia spot of current consumers even more so. It's like right in the millennial childhood wheelhouse.

GS Emailed me this
You asked us to give you a heads-up when the Nintendo SNES Classic Edition system was available. Good news, friend! We're ready to take pre-orders!
But they won't be around for long. Quantities are super limited. So stop reading the rest of this sentence and pre-order your Nintendo SNES Classic in-store or online at GameStop.com now!

They might have online pre orders?

a916

Another launch, another bungled release... Nintendo is incapable of meeting demand or inept at calculating demand.

Top Bottom