• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

DXPett1

Conceptor said:
Not if Amber has anything to say!

UKQfyl.jpg

Who is this Amber and how can I switch places with her

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
DXPett1 said:
Who is this Amber and how can I switch places with her
Learn how to do this dance and be a crappy rapper. The hard part will be training yourself to not scope out Victoria and Krystal on stage.

Dice

SM's genius ploy, especially effective through southeast asia. The perpetual meltdown for months on end when Amber was MIA was pretty amazing to watch. I think it's funny to hear her sing all these lyrics about gushing over boys while she is basically required to maintain a completely asexual image.

Peru

Do they sing about boys, though? Maybe they do, but at least Nu ABO was a big ol' lesbian anthem

Unni, listen to what I say.
I’m in the trance.
What is this feeling?
This is the first time.
My heart is fluttering like crazy.
Like I’m in a dream.
I’m in the clouds boom boom.
This must be love.

DXPett1

Dice said:
Learn how to do this dance and be a crappy rapper. The hard part will be training yourself to not scope out Victoria and Krystal on stage.

Oh lol she is apart of f(x)? Shows what I know about k-pop groups outside of SNSD haha. That song isn't too bad, even if it is a

Peru said:
big ol' lesbian anthem

TBH if any of them are Bi/Gay I would put my money on Taeyeon...

Peru

the lesbian' anthem is f(x)'s, though, who flaunt that image. Although there was a '~serious~' rumour from some bar owner that a drunk SNSD manager had revealed that two of the members were dating.

Dice

Utterly boy crazy: #1 Sooyoung #2 Hyoyeon #3 Yoona #4 Seohyun #5 Yuri
Ambiguous: Jessica (too icy to love anyone) Tiffany (too sweet to be romantic/sexual)
Possibly bi: Sunny (shown signs both ways but always for comedic effect)
Probably gay: Taeyeon (has never shown the slightest interest in men unless asked directly, yet constantly hitting on group members)

Sorry to disappoint Taeyeon-lovers. Though, if she's not, I bet she's a lot of fun if you catch my drift.

Salazar

XyzI9.jpg

KzCcV.gif

The scene in RM 43 when they open the suitcase full of waterpistols in front of Jae Suk and he has to choose one is so awesome.

DXPett1

Salazar said:
The scene in RM 43 when they open the suitcase full of waterpistols in front of Jae Suk and he has to choose one is so awesome.

Yoomes Bond is perfect. The tension when he was trying to eliminate Kookie made great TV.

Must say I enjoyed the latest episode of RM (44) far more than the 2 hour episode. The dance collab/impromptu with HaHa and KJK was fantastic as was the romance between that girl and KJK.

Best bit is its not over yet :D

vanty

Salazar said:
Big Nose hyung putting moves on random girls always kills me.
Strange that most of the time when he does that bit, the girls actually are very attractive. No way are they just getting random volunteers, must be chosen by the Korean equivalent of the guy who sets out the audience in Top Gear ahah.

Dice

I think the issue with 4minute is their names share too many common sounds.

GaYoon
JiYoon
JiHyun
SoHyun
HyunAh

I mean come on now, that's a little silly even when you're familiar with Korean names, let alone when you're new to it all and still don't know how to pronounce them in the first place.

Salazar

They're cool, though. They have ok variety skills. They have insanely good songwriters - Shin Sa Dong in particular. They can dance.

I don't know where they fit in the hierarchy, but I hope they stick around.

Dice

Well if you're going that route...

11snn8px8iw.gif

2cct9mt9866.gif

lol the fans miss nothing

Also never forget: http://youtu.be/y_5URkCqYkE?hd=1

Salazar said:
I don't know where they fit in the hierarchy, but I hope they stick around.

[1] Kara [2] Rainbow [3] T-ara [4] 4minute [5] Brown Eyed Girls [6] Secret [7] missA [8] SNSD --COME AT ME BRO-- [9] Girl's Day [10] Apink [11] After School [12] Wonder Girls [13] Sistar [14] Dal Shabet [15] 5dolls [16] f(x)

Akira said:
Just saw this: http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/186577-snsd-girls-generation-younger-and-now-before-and-after/

Um, wow.

Describing Hyoyeon as orc-like is far from the truth.
Sunny :(
Taeyeon :(
Yuri :(

lol ive seen those, doesnt make me love/hate them anymore than i do now, its just photos of them when they were young. dont know why netizens are all like OMG THEY SO GOT PLASTIC SURGERY LOOK AT THIS PHOTO WHEN THEY WERE 10 AND NOW THIS ONE WHEN THEY ARE 20 LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE D: D: D: !!

if they saw my pictures when i was a kid compared to now, i'd definitely be accused of plastic surgery.

wing_zero8556 said:
lol ive seen those, doesnt make me love/hate them anymore than i do now, its just photos of them when they were young. dont know why netizens are all like OMG THEY SO GOT PLASTIC SURGERY LOOK AT THIS PHOTO WHEN THEY WERE 10 AND NOW THIS ONE WHEN THEY ARE 20 LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE D: D: D: !!

if they saw my pictures when i was a kid compared to now, i'd definitely be accused of plastic surgery.

Yeah, but dude, they totally got plastic surgery tho. It doesn't bother me.

Chiave

wing_zero8556 said:

They just don't understand how girls progressively change when they grow up. I remember my sis commented about how much she slimmed down middle school to high school even thoguh she's been slim her whole life. She's around the same age and size as the girls.

And dammit, I'm apathetic to Kpop usually but it's just so interesting. I watched GGTS to understand the backstory of SNSD. I'm debating on whether or not I should skip the MTV Reality Show and just watch factory girl next. I kinda just want to watch a good television show :F

I couldn't care less if these girls have had plastic surgery or not. With that said, it's kind of naive to dismiss the idea that some of them might have had it done. I mean, they're super stars in the land of plastic surgery...

Looking at those pictures, it's clear to me that Yoona is naturally very good looking. On the other hand, I would be surprised if some of the others haven't had a modification or two made.

Peru

Plastic surgery:

I don't have a problem with non-obtrusive fixes ie eyelids, nose, or whatever you want -- in principle. Bom, one of the funniest pop stars otherwise, has ruined her face. Totally botched, beyond repair. That's a shame.

I'll give the benefit of the doubt to anyone who specifically says they haven't done anything, unless it's blatantly clear that they have. Taeyeon has specifically denied it, Tiffany as well (Hyori went to great lengths to prove it). I don't see any reason to doubt that unless reports to the contrary show up. Some SNSD members may have had something done - who knows, it's likely. T-ara's Soyeon has admitted minor work, same with Hara, but at least it doesn't look bad so it's whatever.

Fafnir

Chiave said:
I'm debating on whether or not I should skip the MTV Reality Show and just watch factory girl next. I kinda just want to watch a good television show :F

Must watches are Sooyoung and Taeyeon's MTV episodes as it has all the girls together acting goofy.

I'd suggest watching Happy Share's Company and Charity Cafe before FG. It's hilarious watching them be ignored by the general public back when they were rookies.

P69A0.gif
OZPAK.gif

Dice

Chesskid1 said:
nothing creeps me out more than those fancams that follow one girl. nothing.

still watch em though.
You don't realize how batshit insane some dances are until you watch them that way. Check out Twinkle Twinkle sometime. So hectic...

Alta1r

wing_zero8556 said:

Lol. Yeah some of those accusations are ridiculous considering most of these idols are between 15 and 25. Of course "younger" pictures of them will look different.

But I also don't have an issue with plastic surgery. Let's be honest, the primary reason I got interested in this stuff was cause a lot of these idols are hot as hell. I don't care what they used to look like, I like how they look now, real or fake.

6pCYW.jpg

Alta1r

Dice said:
Looks like Yoona's been breakin hearts her whole life.

Seriously. Hot damn! She's going to be gorgeous probably until she's old and wrinkly. SM really hit gold with her and Taengoo.

xw4Os.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom