• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alta1r

Chesskid1 said:
nothing creeps me out more than those fancams that follow one girl. nothing.

still watch em though.

Lol. Yeah, I went through the progression from: being too creeped out to even watch one --> being creeped out but guiltily watching anyway --> watching them only if I was linked to it by someone else (or this thread) --> looking at related fancams on youtube without being linked --> now actively searching for them on youtube now. Lol.

I don't think I could ever be the one filming it though. That's a whole new level of feeling creepy.

EDIT: lol, 5 posts in a row. This is what happens when I actually have work to do and can't refresh the thread every 10 minutes.

5veFO.jpg

ramyeon

Alta1r said:
Lol. Yeah, I went through the progression from: being too creeped out to even watch one --> being creeped out but guiltily watching anyway --> watching them only if I was linked to it by someone else (or this thread) --> looking at related fancams on youtube without being linked --> now actively searching for them on youtube now. Lol.

I don't think I could ever be the one filming it though. That's a whole new level of feeling creepy.

EDIT: lol, 5 posts in a row. This is what happens when I actually have work to do and can't refresh the thread every 10 minutes.
You need to meet the Edit button ;) :lol

Ranvier

IF Tangoo Fany lesbian rumors are true...Lawd that would be awesome. And I don't know what the hell you were talking about Alta1r, Yoona, Yuri and Hyo sounded fine in that video. Sure they don't have the best voices compared to Taengoo but they are still decent. Yuri is probably the best out of those 3 though.

And time to get back to what this threads really about, there's been too much running man talk as of late. Im going to give my girl Yuri a break for now, and go with number 2

Hyoyeon1R.jpg

tumblr_lhdcw2Tjbu1qzl0juo1_400.gif

hyoyeon-3.jpg
-Older-postsSnsd-Making-Oh-MV-Photoshoot-girls-generation-snsd-17618890-640-960.jpg

hyoyeon-4.jpg

genie.jpg

tumblr_lficn4G15u1qcgyaa.jpg

tumblr_lfkhgtdB8Y1qei1xio1_500.jpg
tumblr_lfml10mnxW1qcgyaa.jpg

img8025d.jpg
Hyoyeon_02.gif
Hyoyeon_03.gif
Hyoyeon_01.gif
Hyoyeon_06.gif

49977546.gif
ggjk.gif
tumblr_ldolfrIQIq1qahidbo1_500-1.gif

SNSD+Hyoyeon+First+Asia+Concert+Backstage+Pictures+%2811%29.jpg

c9bf2e6dcd7d5f85f06493be5f3394d51227225972_full.gif
hyoyeon-34.gif
tumblrlazt7oebp51qbb6dx.gif

hyoyeon7.gif

tumblrla0vfnebus1qbo5k2.gif
tumblrla0vhxkxr11qbo5k2.gif

tumblrla0vhxkxr11qbo5k2.gif
tumblrla0vjhub4i1qbo5k2.gif
tumblrla0vmnzkyq1qbo5k2.gif

Hyoyeon_07.gif

Hyo's way of singing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njzjWpYkmAk&feature=player_embedded

And does anyone have a big HQ version of the picture used in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcHFTi9rLTM

Hyo looks amazing there.

Alta1r

Jesus Ranvier, we need to stage an intervention for you ASAP as possible. This is getting into the worrisome stage now.

iDME9.jpg

Salazar

Alta1r said:
Jesus Ranvier, we need to stage an intervention for you ASAP as possible. This is getting into the worrisome stage now.

Hyoyeon is a legit #2.

I'm hoping Soshi are in the next idol sports, so she can beast all the other girls.

tgtrZ.gif
TOdUL.gif

znCGw.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
GIRL'S DAY YOU SO FINE http://youtu.be/-jJsE_BEMJk

My drama darling was in a car crash so she needs to recover and the drama is delayed. :(

eVAnL.jpg

Though, this is kind of good for the show because it means more episodes after City Hunter has finished.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
SOJIN, WHAT DID THEY DO TO YOUR HAIR?

don't kill me for this, but... minah looks okay. everyone else tho, DAMN!

Chesskid1

Banned
i simply cannot choose a favorite in snsd. i like too many of em. there's one i really don't like though. i've been following them since run devil run or hoot and i still only know like 3-4 of their names, haha.

outside of SNSD, i love hyunA, who gets posted here a bit. bubble pop and such.

the other girl i really like is the one from sistar19, bora i think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6XXia5B2Wg (maboy video)

she's the one who raps in maboy. she looks so good in that video and the live performances of maboy. i just discovered her and she is really great. song is good too.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Chesskid1 said:
i simply cannot choose a favorite in snsd. i like too many of em. there's one i really don't like though. i've been following them since run devil run or hoot and i still only know like 3-4 of their names, haha.

outside of SNSD, i love hyunA, who gets posted here a bit. bubble pop and such.

the other girl i really like is the one from sistar19, bora i think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6XXia5B2Wg (maboy video)

she's the one who raps in maboy. she looks so good in that video and the live performances of maboy. i just discovered her and she is really great. song is good too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-XPIxwhY-Q

also might like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpygbMr6sH0

Baby Milo

LMAOOOOO at the Yuri episode of running man when HAHA is being all dramatic in the closet and the big dude is chilling outside in a chair when he opens the door

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Eunjiyeon is the new Taeny

animation1fuo9.gif

animation25ugn.gif

Qri is like "guys, not when the cameras are...*sigh*"

Salazar

Baby Milo said:
LMAOOOOO at the Yuri episode of running man when HAHA is being all dramatic in the closet and the big dude is chilling outside in a chair when he opens the door

HaHa is gold. He's like a pantomime character.

Alta1r said:
Lol did they blur out that dude's face so that netizens don't find and beat him for getting so close to IU's ass?

Pretty much.

BbuSI.jpg

3NVB2.gif

BkmYT.png

Salazar

Alta1r said:
Wow, seriously? I was just joking around. Craziness!

Well, probably not. People tend to blur ordinary folks' faces out in idol photos anyway.

But I don't doubt that the dude could catch hate.

Alta1r

Hmm, so does anyone have links to talk shows/game shows with SNSD, preferrably with Yoona and/or Jessica? I liked the variety ones that I've seen (Hello Baby and Invincible Youth), but after a while it felt repetitive and I got bored. I feel like the talk ones would be good.

zzU7n.jpg

Alta1r

DXPett1 said:
Did we ever find out what the numbers represented?

IIRC Sooyoung's was the age she wanted to be married by?

Which also happens to be Kobe's number. Not cool. Only she is allowed to wear such greatness:

bed3m.jpg

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
DXPett1 said:

For Tiffany's I think the story was she wanted it to be zero and another number (maybe 01 cause she was born on the 1st of August?), but the costumes came back and the printer left out the 1 and they just left it.

Ranvier

Salazar said:
Hyoyeon reportedly just bought her parents a house in Incheon.

OG4K7.jpg

Hahaha, I was just about to ask what these girls did with all the money they make. I've heard they don't get paid that well, but SNSD at least has to be in the low millions at least.

I also think this is another reason why k-pop is so appealing. The celebs aren't like the normal American celebs I'm used to seeing. For example, you never see SNSD riding around in Lambos or wearing lots of bling simply because they can afford it. They seem extremely down to earth, especially when they do shows like IY. Hell, aren't they still living in that crappy dorm? Are they under contract not to spend money on random things they want? That would be a little frustrating, imagine being a millionaire at 22 and not be able to blow some of it on frivolous shit.

PS: Yet another reason to love Hyo, she's not a selfish good for nothing daughter.

Fafnir

DXPett1 said:

There's a radio interview where they explain it, from the top of my head:

Taeyeon = 9 because that's the # of members and her birthday is on the 9th.

Alot of the girls wanted the number 1, but was not allowed by SM or something.

Seohyun picked 11 because of two 1's.

Tiffany wanted 01, but stylist came back with just the 0. Fans thought it was because she was the black hole or mistake master of the group.

Yoona picked 7.

Jessica wanted 7, but I guess Yoona got priority so she picked 22 which was her age at the time.

Yuri wanted 7 also but picked 21 because of her age.

Hyoyeon said she liked 3 and 2, so 32.

Sunny and Sooyoung was absent from the radio interview, but Sooyoung's marriage age sounds right.

jRx2H.jpg

Niks

DXPett1 said:

Taengs birthday is March 9, also 9 members in SNSD. Also her nickname "Taengoo" is related somehow? to the number 9.
Just learned this yesterday btw.

Edit> beaten.

Ranvier

Salazar said:
Who was it at the start of IY who had tinfoil on their dorm windows ? Secret ?

I think it was Sunwa. She said she was too poor to afford proper curtains.

Edit: Damn Fafnir and his swift fingers!

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
filler said:
Am I the only Hyomin fan in here? Has there been a big post for her that I missed?

Dice has posted quite a bit of Hyomin in the past but she's easily tied with Soyeon <3

DXPett1

Fafnir said:
There's a radio interview where they explain it, from the top of my head:

<snip>

Well that was lamer than I was expecting.

Not surprised by Hyo, she seem to be raised (not that the others were not) to be very community/family orientated going by the Night Star interview

EDIT: I'M A MEMBER
tumblr_l5mttxZq2E1qam0cl.gif

emacs

Salazar said:
Badass. Just started watching 38. No guests. Seoul Medical Centre.

if you haven't done so already, i suggest also watching the first twenty (20) episodes especially RM 11 through RM 17 courtesy of isubs-squad.com

the programme structure and challenges in RM, back then, were a bit different.

Salazar

lol derp

YVsFD.gif

Love her, but this gif had to be posted.

emacs said:
if you haven't done so already, i suggest also watching the first twenty (20) episodes especially RM 11 through RM 17 courtesy of isubs-squad.com

the programme structure and challenges in RM, back then, were a bit different.

Yep, I've watched most of the early ones.

emacs

Salazar said:
Yep, I've watched most of the early ones.

okay.

and, in keeping on topic regarding SNSD and k-pop in general, here are the episodes of Running Man (RM) that have them as guests (for those relatively new to RM or haven't seen the show).

- RM 1: Lee Hyori (former member of Fin.K.L) http://bit.ly/pmXJA0
- RM 2 and 3: Hara (Kara)
- RM 4 and 5: Jessica (SNSD)
- RM 6: Son Dam Bi (solo artist) http://bit.ly/oBSjAL
- RM 8: Victoria (f(x))
- RM 13, 14 and 19 through 25: Lizzy (After School)
- RM 16: Yuri (SNSD)
- RM 34: UEE (After School)
- RM 39: Sunny and Yoona (SNSD) <-- a favourite episode among SNSD fans
- RM 43: IU (solo artist) http://bit.ly/oE5zFD
- RM 49: Hara (Kara)

and episodes of Family Outing (FO) Season One, which also features the main cast member of RM: Yoo Jae Suk

- FO 13 and 14: Taeyeon (SNSD)
- FO 36 and 37: Yoona (SNSD)
- FO 46 and 47: Son Dam Bi (solo artist)
- FO 81 and 82: Tiffany (SNSD), Nicole (Kara) and guest appearances from other k-pop groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom