• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
CHRIST. Yoona. Unstoppable.

tumblr_lqsri1jMyi1qdmxh2o2_250.gif

tumblr_lqsri1jMyi1qdmxh2o4_250.gif

tumblr_lqsri1jMyi1qdmxh2o5_250.gif

tumblr_lqsri1jMyi1qdmxh2o6_250.gif

Ashhong

man, even I can admit Ham > Hyo. I'm not Ham's biggest fan, but she does sometimes have this cute look to her. Hyo though....good lord.

Alta1r

Ashhong said:
man, even I can admit Ham > Hyo. I'm not Ham's biggest fan, but she does sometimes have this cute look to her. Hyo though....good lord.

Ham reminds me of a real life version of this:

weirdcat.jpg

All her facial features seem like someone scrunched them up. Hyo reminds me of an Asian Beyonce. Which admittedly, is not what I'd consider a good look, but can look decent every once in a while.

listening to the BEAST Fiction and Fact album, its not half bad

What experiences have you guys had sharing your enthusiasm for Kpop IRL? I was telling some of my friends about it and no one took me seriously, thinking I was joking.

I hope the new BEG is as iconic as Abracadabra, that was my shit

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
My brother can't stand it. Some of my close friends like it, some of them hate it (But i have a feeling they secretly watch some videos) and my sister is one of the reasons why I like the genre so much. Her room is filled with posters. She also has all 9 of the Snsd Vita 500 drinks, the Phucket dvd set/photobook, and some other shit.

im watching the phuket DVD and i hate it when they talk about their parents, i feel so bad for tiffany especially when they went on chocolate a while back and tiffany talked about her mum, killed me badddddd :(

Fafnir

orangecaramel said:
She also has all 9 of the Snsd Vita 500 drinks, the Phucket dvd set/photobook, and some other shit.

I have the Vita500 bottles, Phucket DVD set, Mr Taxi, and the ITNW Live concert CD...I'll probably end up buying their new album. Sometimes I think I've gone too far in my Soshi <3 lol

My asian friends are cool with it, kind of dig the music...but we are not bumping Gee while driving around. My caucasian friends don't understand it and I have to resort to "they are the Korean Spice Girls" to try and explain it to them. The beauty of the girls are universal tho and I poll them into which one they like. Yoona and Sooyoung seem to be winning amongst my friends, I'm usually baffled when they don't pick Taeyeon.

3tavE.gif

Alta1r

Killamangiro said:
What experiences have you guys had sharing your enthusiasm for Kpop IRL? I was telling some of my friends about it and no one took me seriously, thinking I was joking.

A couple of them got into it as well, which is nice. Makes it possible to discuss the stuff face to face with someone instead of just on forums. A few friends jokingly make fun of it, but they don't really care if I put some music on every once in a while. And two friends are quite convinced that I need an intervention/shock therapy to get over this affliction, lol.

I don't normally tell people what kind of music I'm interested in, and what I listen to with my friends/on nights out is completely different to when I'm alone with my headphones (which is 95% Kpop). However recently I've got talking to a few friends about Kpop and 2 of them were really interested, so I've been slowly feeding them information about everything I can think of - one of them really likes miss A, the other SNSD. Another one of my friends thinks it's really kinda nerdy, but I like to point out that she likes a lot of French music and I don't see how liking Korean music should be considered any differently. However the other day she found out that one of her friends likes SNSD and she's been less critical about it now, although she isn't inquisitive like the other 2.

Running Man 51 was really good! I liked that they
kept you in suspense about who the criminal was right until the end without making it obvious who it was, although it being Kookie was a bit of a buzz kill for me. I'm glad he didn't win in the end though.

Alta1r

CruxisMana said:
I'm glad he didn't win in the end though.

I couldn't decide if this was scripted or real. I mean,
Kookie losing
to
a pretty skinny dude and a petite girl
just didn't make sense to me. Especially when
he had a good 30 seconds to a minute with Nichkhun alone where he could have dominated him and then easily taken out Minjung afterwards.

Ranvier

Alta1r said:
A couple of them got into it as well, which is nice. Makes it possible to discuss the stuff face to face with someone instead of just on forums. A few friends jokingly make fun of it, but they don't really care if I put some music on every once in a while. And two friends are quite convinced that I need an intervention/shock therapy to get over this affliction, lol.

Ironically I only have one other friend into k-pop but he got me into it through gaf even though I'm the one who first showed him this forum. I kept sending him links to the funny pics thread, and somehow he stumbled onto this SNSD thread. I had the knee-jerk reaction of making fun of him (
how naive I was
) but he kept insisting I take the time to just look. And soon enough, mine eyes spotted Yuri. But the real foray into k-pop was when I remembered the Mixture of Shame and arousal thread we had a year ago. I went back and looked through it again and BAM I was hooked. And somewhere along the line it evolved from just looking at gifs of hot girls to becoming emotionally vested into them. It really is amazing how much knowledge one can accumulate in 5 months if they put their minds to it. If only I could apply that to grad school.

Killamangiro said:

I had a few people around for drinks a few months back and they all thought my Kpop OBSESSION was a big joke, so I just played Kpop all night.

I was BOOED out of my OWN APARTMENT :(

I'm taking 2 friends to the Kpop concert in Sydney in November. I even paid for their $300 tickets. I have a feeling they're just going to stand there laughing at me all night, but they will change their tune once they see HYOYEON.

Alta1r

Ranvier said:
Ironically I only have one other friend into k-pop but he got me into it through gaf even though I'm the one who first showed him this forum. I kept sending him links to the funny pics thread, and somehow he stumbled onto this SNSD thread. I had the knee-jerk reaction of making fun of him (
how naive I was
) but he kept insisting I take the time to just look. And soon enough, mine eyes spotted Yuri. But the real foray into k-pop was when I remembered the Mixture of Shame and arousal thread we had a year ago. I went back and looked through it again and BAM I was hooked. And somewhere along the line it evolved from just looking at gifs of hot girls to becoming emotionally vested into them. It really is amazing how much knowledge one can accumulate in 5 months if they put their minds to it. If only I could apply that to grad school.

Incidentally, I had a douche-y friend that I used to link pics and/or posts from this and the shame thread that used to make fun of me, but is now completely engulfed into the kpop scene as well. I think he might be even more into this stuff than I am. I feel like I'm Obi-Wan and he's Darth in their lightsaber battle on the first Death Star. "The circle is now complete."

Alta1r

Phonomezer said:
I had a few people around for drinks a few months back and they all thought my Kpop OBSESSION was a big joke, so I just played Kpop all night.

I'm taking 2 friends to the Kpop concert in Sydney in November. I even paid for their $300 tickets. I have a feeling they're just going to stand there laughing at me all night, but they will change their tune once they see HYOYEON.

Lol. I think I could pretend to like Hyo for free $300 tickets! You are a very rich and/or very generous man.

Ranvier

Phonomezer said:

It is nice having other people to discuss it with in person even if its just one person. Though my Friend's knowledge of k-pop is vastly greater then my own.

And I expect great things from you after that concert in terms of videos and pictures Phono. Yuri Hyo Yuri Hyo, that's all you have to focus on. Well maybe some Teangoo too to spice things up.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
That's why you mix kpop into a playlist of music from many different countries. They can't just work themselves into a "this is weird because of a nerd stereotype" mindset because stuff like french synthpop is supposed to be cool, then when kpop fits right in they have no choice.

Ashhong

Alta1r said:
I couldn't decide if this was scripted or real. I mean,
Kookie losing
to
a pretty skinny dude and a petite girl
just didn't make sense to me. Especially when
he had a good 30 seconds to a minute with Nichkhun alone where he could have dominated him and then easily taken out Minjung afterwards.

Whoa, did you just say Nikhun is a skinny dude? I mean sure he's no Kookie, but there's a reason 2PM are called the "Beastly Idols". Did you not see the Nikhun+Taecyeon episode?

Phonomezer said:

I would be the leader of the Hyo Defense Force if you paid for my $300 tickets. And we would probably have a better time at the show since it would be for someone taht appreciates it lol

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Ashhong said:
Whoa, did you just say Nikhun is a skinny dude? I mean sure he's no Kookie, but there's a reason 2PM are called the "Beastly Idols". Did you not see the Nikhun+Taecyeon episode?
khunij3d.gif

So scrawny.

Alta1r

Ashhong said:

Nikhun's pretty skinny. Taecyeon is a beast for sure. But I would not use that word to describe Nikhun. He's what, like 5'10", 5'11" and probably 150 - 160 lbs? I'm sure he's pretty cut, but he's not bulky in the same way that Taecyeon or Kookie are.
And, I don't see how he could have held Kookie back for that 30-60 seconds before Minjung got there even if he's 160 lbs of pure muscle.

EDIT: Ok, based on Dice's picture above he doesn't look skinny per se. Maybe it was his clothing, but he looked like 10 lbs less than that picture in the RM episode.

Ranvier

Salazar said:
c7V9q.jpg

Sooyoung pic.

Man, is that in the hospital?

You guys think its possible that maybe some of these girls get injured on purpose so they can go home and spend some time with their family?

CruxisMana said:
Running Man 51 was really good! I liked that they
kept you in suspense about who the criminal was right until the end without making it obvious who it was, although it being Kookie was a bit of a buzz kill for me. I'm glad he didn't win in the end though.

I was kinda disapointed it turned out to be him.

Also, Jihyo obviously came out of Gary's room, that's why she was already up and why he was naked, lol.

Biscuits

Ranvier said:
It is nice having other people to discuss it with in person even if its just one person. Though my Friend's knowledge of k-pop is vastly greater then my own.
Definitely. I guess I'm pretty lucky up here as it seems like kpop is pretty popular in Toronto, at least within the Asian and South Asian community. Heck, one of our suburbs has a population where nearly half are of Chinese descent. I'd say 70% of the asians at my school followed or knew about kpop, and they'd get their non-asian friends into it too. I have one or two buddies I can discuss
spazz
about kpop with, and a few other bros who - while might not like the music - appreciate the attractive qualities of kpop women ;)

Ashhong

Dice said:
khunij3d.gif

So scrawny.

Wow, what a gif. All the girls are just in awe lol.

Regarding him vs Kookie, it's not like Kook can be 100% power and literally throw him aside. That would be fucked up and just not how they do. Nickhun has enough power to hang onto him and stay with him. Plus I think he just gave up at that point. Probably tired and he had to make it to the secret location AND turn in the money before he won.

bloodforge said:
I was kinda disapointed it turned out to be him.

Also, Jihyo obviously came out of Gary's room, that's why she was already up and why he was naked, lol.

Haha. Not to mention the suspicious hat in Kooks room.

DXPett1

Alta1r said:
And, I don't see how he could have held Kookie back for that 30-60 seconds before Minjung got there even if he's 160 lbs of pure muscle

Pretty sure KJK had a op on his back or something like that previous to that episode (you might notice he isn't as physically active around that time in other eps as well). He references this with the "why am I so weak today" or something along those lines.

I may have misread though...

vanty

Ashhong said:
Wow, what a gif. All the girls are just in awe lol.

Regarding him vs Kookie, it's not like Kook can be 100% power and literally throw him aside. That would be fucked up and just not how they do. Nickhun has enough power to hang onto him and stay with him. Plus I think he just gave up at that point. Probably tired and he had to make it to the secret location AND turn in the money before he won.
It's a variety show, not a sporting competition. If KJK didn't do stuff for the cameras he'd win every single physical challenge that's ever happened on RM. Just like YSJ's walk past Gary while saying "Gary? Gary?" was also probably just a gag for the cameras, along with a dozen other things that happen each episode.

RM 51 was pretty crappy anyway, especially compared to how funny ep 50 was. 52 has that scary guy and looks really fun in the previews though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom