• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanty

I'm fine when it's someone like Jieun who's almost never posted. But when it's the 5th Yuri megapost, and she gets like 20+ pics on the average page in addition to that, it's really annoying.

filler

Banned
She's worth it though, man.

bbzzbb.gif

Ranvier

vanty said:
I'm fine when it's someone like Jieun who's almost never posted. But when it's the 5th Yuri megapost, and she gets like 20+ pics on the average page in addition to that, it's really annoying.

I understand this completely. It's kinda as if you live in a town where everyone drives a Lamborghini. You get used to looking at the Lambos and its get harder and harder to appreciate how perfect it is. Therefore, its nice to see a broke ass Scion drive through the neighborhood from time to time so you can once again, fully appreciate how beautiful the Lambos are in comparison.

As for the megaposts, I'm usually pretty busy during the day so I can't participate in all the discussions we have. I usually just go for a quick response to a comment and post a bunch of pics versus commenting a bunch of times and posting 1 to 2 pics along with it. Its like if you condensed all of the gifs Sal posts in one day and put it into one post.

Ranvier

Salazar said:
Why on earth is Rainbow's "A" MV age-restricted ?

hahaha, seriously. Okay, question. All these Kpop groups/management firms. What is their target audience? Is it the 12-17 age demographic or the 18-25 year olds? If its the former I understand their conservatism because then, its kinda like they are the Disney Channel right? Are shows like Running Man a family affair? Like does it air during prime-time where the whole family gathers around and watches or is it more like shows on UPN where its mostly high school kids and bored housewives?

filler

Banned
Ranvier said:
I understand this completely. It's kinda as if you live in a town where everyone drives a Lamborghini. You get used to looking at the Lambos and its get harder and harder to appreciate how perfect it is. Therefore, its nice to see a broke ass Scion drive through the neighborhood from time to time so you can once again, fully appreciate how beautiful the Lambos are in comparison.

As for the megaposts, I'm usually pretty busy during the day so I can't participate in all the discussions we have. I usually just go for a quick response to a comment and post a bunch of pics versus commenting a bunch of times and posting 1 to 2 pics along with it. Its like if you condensed all of the gifs Sal posts in one day and put it into one post.

Just keep doing what you do, Ran. Just Megapost, Baby!

vanty

Ranvier said:
hahaha, seriously. Okay, question. All these Kpop groups/management firms. What is their target audience? Is it the 12-17 age demographic or the 18-25 year olds? If its the former I understand their conservatism because then, its kinda like they are the Disney Channel right? Are shows like Running Man a family affair? Like does it air during prime-time where the whole family gathers around and watches or is it more like shows on UPN where its mostly high school kids and bored housewives?
According to wikipedia Running Man is on Sunday at 5:20pm, then there's like a Biggest Loser sort of show on afterwards. That seems to be primetime in Korea, which doesn't really start here in Australia until 6.30 at the earliest or more likely 7:30.

Ranvier said:

In my experience, I'd say its more like 16 - 25 ish.

Alta1r

Dice said:
I love this woman. She is part of my top five. Cute, sassy, sexy, classy, great singer. Even her derp faces are dreamy. Did I come across good pics of other Secret members? Yeah I did, but this post is about my darling Jieun.

her.gif

Ranvier said:
So far we have it as,

Taengoo's team - winning the picnic and the karaoke.

Hyo's team - Winning the 5 items thing if I recall correctly. Someone rectify if I'm wrong.

Yuri/Alien's team - Winning the last stage arrival.

So as of episode one its:

Taengoo 2 points

Hyo 1 point

Alien 1 point

Hyo/Sica's team was the last one to finish the Karaoke. That one went to Taengoo too. Tanegoo's team destroyed all the challenges but Yoona's team "won" that day. Hyo's team got a donut. At this rate we're both gonna have to change our avatars, lol.

Alta1r

Salazar said:
Can't blame HaHa for inattentive driving with Taengoo in the passenger seat.

Yeah, for sure. I would have driven a couple hours the wrong way if I was with the Yoong in that car. And tried to convince Gwangvatar and Yuri to get out at some point early on because it was part of a secret mission.

Ranvier said:

lol.gif

EraldoCoil said:
wait a minute.....that's not Gyuri and Sooyoung!?!?!

Nam Gyuri is quite spectacular:
nam-gyu-ri.jpg

nam-gyu-ri-s-explanation-for-exposed-buttocks_1.jpg

Salazar

SBdYg.gif

utlCt.gif

jsOrP.gif

Miryo: Jungbyun means to ‘gradually become beautiful’ and not too long ago, there was an article titled, “Brown Eyed Girls’ Miryo’s jungbyun.”
About a year and a half ago, I got braces and I really didn’t know that I’d change this much.

Gary: Not too long ago, we were having a drink at Hongdae and I noticed how beautiful she became.
Miryo said, “I’m gonna go use the restroom” and I said sure but when she came back, I was like “who are you?” She became pretty in that time frame!

[Everyone’s like wtf? No way…]

Gary: I’m for real!

SeungKi: She didn’t become pretty that instant, you just had too much alcohol

Alta1r

Phonomezer said:

h3Fx3.jpg

On an unrelated note, after seeing more pics of Secret, I stand by my previous statement.

Sunhwa is the best looking girl in the group. She's like Sooyoung (if Yoona, Sica, Taengoo, Yuri and Fany weren't in SNSD), she'll make you look a second time, but probably not a third. Hyosung is like her fellow Hyo, the Hyogre. A six normally, an eight if she's not around any other marginally attractive females.
I actually think the Hyogre is sexier than Hyosung.
Jieun has no comparisons that come readily to mind, but Ranvier's description "broke ass Scion" seems about right. The last one...is the last one.

Alta1r

Salazar said:
Also, Alta1r, your ratings and rankings are acutely bogus.

iquirkueyebrow.gif

I'm not a fan of round-faced and/or cross-eyed girls. Soyeon and Sica are the closest to exceptions to the round face rule that I get.

Phonomezer said:
One step forward, 1 MILLION BACK.

Hey, hey, I said the Hyogre was hotter than Hyogre2, lol.

Alta1r

Killamangiro said:
Hyosung is top 5, don't get it twisted

Lol but you can't even tell if she's looking at you or the person next to you!

20110629_hyosung_strongheart_1.jpg

And I don't know how or why this showed up in Google images for Hyosung but it's cracking me up:
20110610_hyuna_moustache.jpg

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Alta1r said:
I had not until now. Not bad. I will admit her smile is pretty contagious. Maybe it's the bangs. I don't like them on her. Does she ever have any other hairstyles?
Honestly, I think I've only seen her with bangs. Ever since their debut, she has had the same hairstyle. Anyways, I'll be posting some Secret pictures when I get home from work.

Alta1r

orangecaramel said:
Honestly, I think I've only seen her with bangs. Ever since their debut, she has had the same hairstyle. Anyways, I'll be posting some Secret pictures when I get home from work.

I think the Hyobomb has take on a new meaning now lol. Naah, I kind of want to see her in different hairstyles before cementing her place as somewhere below the Hyo and above the Ham.

6abc4e35jw1dm0ou73y25j.jpg

EraldoCoil said:
Every time I see a pic of Hyuna it makes me want to rage.....

Lol, why? Rage? I could understand scrolling quickly past in disgust or being completely revolted or turning your head away as a response to pics of idols. But rage? lol

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Alta1r trying so hard with the trolling.

Hyosung cuz damn:

KmX3C.jpg

bMwuq.jpg

LnQm4.jpg

Best pics of Sunhwa:

4rKR8.jpg

PiP84.jpg

bKm6i.jpg

gXasa.jpg

I always liked her legs...

4YV0d.jpg

Status