• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peru

Conceptor said:
T-ara's 'Cry Cry' dance rehearsal: http://youtu.be/xGS209whCMQ. Whoa!

badass

and

@sohotmelody: The tweet I meant for a specific person wasn't because of a post made an anti but rather , it is close to what you call a criminal offense.. it was my first warning to someone who has been sexually harassing me constantly and for a long period of time, sending me mentions that contained lies mixed in with delusion. I think I've let this slide up until now for nearly a year because I thought that it was just a personality issue..

Salazar

Yoong in AC low profile mode.

0IiaS.jpg

Fafnir

Finally got around to watching IY2 since I had to go to work and was unable to play Skyrim lol

- Lee Sugeun and Boom bring credible MCing and comedy to the show, both of them had me cracking up. Have no idea who guitar guy is, but looks like he will be there only for manual labor. Hopefully he is replaced by Shinyoung in the future as Sugeun, Boom, and Shinyoung would absolutely kill together.

- Seems like they got over the awkwardness pretty quickly. Seeing them awkward at the very beginning makes me look forward to when they will cry at the end of the season.

- Suzy and Jiyoung are good maknaes for the show. Jiyoung is a variety natural like when she was on RM. She really has the variety "sense" and will become the star of G8.

- I'm not use to seeing Hyo get so much camera time as she is usually overshadowed by the other Soshi members.

- Yewon, Bora, and Ambro seem to be the Hyomin of the group as they got edited out after awhile. Yewon kind of got the 4D character going. Ambro got the andro thing going. Bora is the sexiest member there and I hope to see more of her, she could be a possible athletic battle vs BeastHyo as long as she doesn't fall on her face.

- Woori is doing good, maybe being the oldest helps out as she seemed to be pretty comfortable. Must be kind of awkward for her being the oldest but is considered a hoobae since Rainbow is one of the youngest group there.

- Next episode looks like wakeup with no makeup time.

Sunny back to her show
Y302s.gif
FRDC8.gif

UbRvv.gif
ORhgV.gif

3pNeI.gif
Vn2bB.gif

Popularity contest never get's old
I1I8M.gif
OAo7S.gif

4sh7l.gif
5uswG.gif
KftpJ.gif

Looks like they all caught the Seonwha bug. 8x7 is clearly OP in the multiplication game.
Rrwby.gif
b1ewJ.gif
b3ak3.gif

ECNEF.gif
7ZScm.gif
RCqNt.gif

New Sunny folding screen, Bora is alot sexier than Hyomin tho
22UF2.gif
EDX0J.gif
BRAFk.gif

TWZbH.gif
B4KoZ.gif
LKUFT.gif

Jiyoung future superstar of G8
GgE1K.gif
BVOv5.gif
Gb7qC.gif

LdxC7.gif
Y2swd.gif

IanzL.gif
GA0DH.gif

Raiku

Finally got my Skyrim. Damn UPS.

Cool to see Aus-Gaf had fun at the concert. You guys should've met up or something.

broadwayrock said:
K-Pop Power & Beauty concert
San Francisco, CA
Friday, January 13

B2Afb.jpg

T-ara
Davichi
Yangpa a.k.a. Lee Eun Jin

Ticket price:
$75.00 - General Admission Floor
$100.00 - Reserved Seating Loge
$65.00 -- Reserved seating Balcony

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1C00476481114D8C?brand=anotherplanet&camefrom=CFC_ANOTHERPLANET

Tickets go on sale tomorrow.

I want to go :(

I'll actually be over there for this. Maybe I should go. Try to seduce Qri or something.

Salazar said:

Fight for her hyung, it's the only way. MC forever.

Salazar said:

So 3 means 1 in Korea, I learn something new every day.

Peru

Sunny always likes to start out a little slow before attacking.

MEANWHILE!

On November 15th, the general service channel jTBC revealed that the show “Girls’ Generation” will be in production at the open broadcasting organization briefing that was held at the Korean Daily building. This will be the first talk show based around the Girls’ Generation members. In Japan, the TV show “SMAP×SMAP”, which features the popular group SMAP, has been gaining much popularity over in the aforementioned country.
(TL note: “Girls’ Generation” is a temporary working title until the name of the show is decided.)
“Girls’ Generation” will have all 9 members as the hosts and it will be directed by KBS PD Yoon Hyun Jun who also directed “Win Win”.
“Girls’ Generation” will air every Sunday, and will run for seventy minutes from 7:30 pm to 9:10 pm. The channel and broadcast date have not been decided on. ‘Girls’ Generation’ will be airing at the same time as KBS weekend dramas, as well as MBC and SBS news.

Fafnir

oh god, that Girls Generation talk show is going to be soooo good, Soshified needs to hire more subbers stat.

Taeyeon back with the PD of Win Win is win win.

qfbfj.gif
tfhtL.gif
UZWJm.gif

Edgeward

Having watched about more than half of the 1st episode of IY2 I can most probably say Jiyoung will be my favorite of the show. Maybe Suzy also but she had to leave so early it's though to say. And I never paid much attention to Sistar but wow, Bora.

And that while I miss all the old MCs, I really miss Shinyoung. She would provide such a needed older female to the show for the girls to go to. And for Sunny to continue her antics with.

anyone know what happened to flying petals? havent seen any fancams lately and kimtaeyeon.co.kr seems to be gone as well. havent seen merong in a while either only precious soul and TangPa

Peru

Salazar said:
Intrigued to find out exactly how this "Soshi talk show" is going to work.

Through a phone call with OSEN, JTBC stated, “Unlike what was reported before, it is not a talk show. It will be a real variety show with Girls’ Generation as the key people. Girls’ Generation will be the center of the show, but there is a possibility of others guests starring as well. The first recording is scheduled to take place on November 20th. Girls’ Generation are anticipating the first filming as well."

Alta1r

Just tried watching some unsubbed IY2. I couldn't get through it. Too much forced/fake laughing. Hopefully that's just because errbody's still got jitters and isn't very comfortable around each other yet and it'll pass as the show goes on.

tumblr_luof6aqC4i1qd704zo1_500.jpg

Girls’ Generation’s Yoona guest starred on an episode of SBS’s “Strong Heart”, where she talked about a startling moment during a performance in Japan.

During this broadcast Yoona confessed, “Through 2PM’s shirt ripping performance, the nickname ‘Jjit-Taecyeon’ was created and garnered attention. Similar to that, I also became ‘Jjit-Yoona’.” The way Yoona gained the nickname “Jjit-Yoona” was due to something that happened while Girls’ Generation was promoting in Japan.

Yoona stated, “While I was putting on a dance performance at the Tokyo Dome in Japan, my clothes ripped in an embarrassing place, and left me extremely flustered.”

How Yoona handled that embarrassing situation in front of all the Japanese fans will be revealed through today’s episode of “Strong Heart”.

TL note: “Jjit-Yoona” is translated as “ripped-Yoona” because of a wardrobe malfunction

tumblr_lup0wxkILV1qccg08.gif

Peru

Alta1r said:
Just tried watching some unsubbed IY2. I couldn't get through it. Too much forced/fake laughing. Hopefully that's just because errbody's still got jitters and isn't very comfortable around each other yet and it'll pass as the show goes on.

The episode is already subbed, man.

Original IY was pretty awkward at first as well.

Alta1r

Salazar said:
I await SoshiSubs.

Am playing AC:R in the meantime. Desmond shit aside, game is good.

Awwww yeeeaaahhhh, I've been updating my UPS tracking page every 15 minutes. As soon as that gets in I'm going into hiding for the next however many days it takes to get the Platinum Trophy.

Peru said:

Yeah, definitely. I'm sure this one will get better too. I think I didn't notice it as much in the first one cause I was busy reading the subs, whereas this one, with no subs and no understanding of what's going on I was just people watching in a sense.

Salazar said:
Intrigued to find out exactly how this "Soshi talk show" is going to work.

They mention SmapXSmap and wanting to be a "real variety" show. I can see something like that with Soshi as hosts. SMAP×SMAP is broken up into segments. Comedy skits and pre-recorded shorts, games, music performance and interviews. They also do some food/cooking segment. SMAP×SMAP has been on for years and they get a lot of big artists to come on the show, even international artists.

The key is to not focus on only idols but bring in a more diverse group of entertainers.

Ronok

Fafnir said:
New Sunny folding screen, Bora is alot sexier than Hyomin tho

....Not even close.

Just finished watching the first ep. It was pretty bad. The MC's tried to push SNSD, but they were pretty bad. They've lost a lot of their charm in my eyes the past year or so. :-/
Boom was pretty awkward. I think he's trying to work out a character for the show, but I think he should just approach it like he has in every other show I've seen him in.
The guitar guy seems to be in the show because middle age women like him?

There were some bright spots though, and things started to look better toward the end. Thankfully some of the other girls are doing pretty well, and Jiyoung is pretty awesome. :)

On November 15th, the general service channel jTBC revealed that the show “Girls’ Generation” will be in production at the open broadcasting organization briefing that was held at the Korean Daily building. This will be the first talk show based around the Girls’ Generation members. In Japan, the TV show “SMAP×SMAP”, which features the popular group SMAP, has been gaining much popularity over in the aforementioned country.
(TL note: “Girls’ Generation” is a temporary working title until the name of the show is decided.)
“Girls’ Generation” will have all 9 members as the hosts and it will be directed by KBS PD Yoon Hyun Jun who also directed “Win Win”.
“Girls’ Generation” will air every Sunday, and will run for seventy minutes from 7:30 pm to 9:10 pm. The channel and broadcast date have not been decided on. ‘Girls’ Generation’ will be airing at the same time as KBS weekend dramas, as well as MBC and SBS news.

......SMAPXSMAP has been popular in Japan for a really long time..... I really don't see SNSD being able to pull off a show in the same vein though, so I don't see why they mentioned it. :p

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
There's a guy sitting in the row in front of me at my school's computer lab listening to K-Pop on YouTube.

Completely unexpected.

syoaran

Peru said:
The episode is already subbed, man.

With the exception of Kookie, Grasshopper and Haha, Running Men was quite awkward at the start as well; not only amongst the variety rookies but also who would be co-presenter on the show. All went well in the end tho

Ronok

syoaran said:
With the exception of Kookie, Grasshopper and Haha, Running Men was quite awkward at the start as well; not only amongst the variety rookies but also who would be co-presenter on the show. All went well in the end tho

Yup, the first episode I thought Kwang Soo was completely out of place and would eventually be removed... He soon became my favourite of the cast. :p

Ashhong

wing_zero8556 said:
Ah ive seen him at armin only, ASOT 550 and now stereo :D but yeah i think i heard him mention something about his concert being cancelled on ASOT.

LOL this got me good

You son of a bitch. Wait ASOT 550 isnt until next year, you mean 500? Goddamn you son of a bitch!!!

Salazar

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/11/snsd-tiffany-admits-she-fancies-infinites-hoya

On the November 15th episode of ‘Strong Heart‘, SNSD‘s Yoona praised the INFINITE members by saying, “We are cheering for INFINITE. They’re extremely synchronized when it comes to their dance, and they work really hard“.

Fellow member Tiffany added, “When we watch them dance, it reminds us of ourselves when we first debuted“, causing the set to explode in laughter.

MC Lee Seung Gi then bluntly asked Tiffany which member had left the biggest impression on her, causing everyone to jeer at his obvious attempts to create a love line as INFINITE’s maknae Sunjong anticipated her answer. To his dismay, however, Tiffany honestly admitted with a shy smile, that is was “Hoya“.

Sungjong was quick to express his hurt feelings by stating, “Oh, maybe Hoya should’ve came out today instead…“, continuing the laughs on set.

Dammit, Seung Gi. Tiffany is off-limits for love lines.

vanty

Ronok said:
Just finished watching the first ep. It was pretty bad. The MC's tried to push SNSD, but they were pretty bad. They've lost a lot of their charm in my eyes the past year or so. :-/
Boom was pretty awkward. I think he's trying to work out a character for the show, but I think he should just approach it like he has in every other show I've seen him in.
The guitar guy seems to be in the show because middle age women like him?

There were some bright spots though, and things started to look better toward the end. Thankfully some of the other girls are doing pretty well, and Jiyoung is pretty awesome. :)
Yeah I hated the MCs, especially Boom. Even that weird guy who quit after 15 episodes or whatever on IY1 was better. I like all the girls though, there are no bleh Sunhwa's this time.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
vanty said:
Yeah I hated the MCs, especially Boom. Even that weird guy who quit after 15 episodes or whatever on IY1 was better. I like all the girls though, there are no bleh Sunhwa's this time.
Ambro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom