• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peru

IU <3

"Those who don't know me well would say many things like, 'she has changed after gaining popularity', but I was a cold and unfriendly child ever since I debuted."

edit: more wise words:

"Instead of songs like 'I feel like I'm going to die' and 'I'm going to go crazy', I think a calm song about daily life after a break up will be more moving. How many kids around my age do you think have experienced a really bad break up?"

IU's idol, English female singer-songwriter Corinne Bailey Rae, gave her a new song. IU, who received the song along with the guide that Rae had provided, named the song '4AM' and for a week she woke up at 4AM to write down how she felt during that time.

When asked "Do you think you'll do well this time?" she answered "It's already doing well. I fulfilled my wish to compose a song, I released my second album before turning 20, and I got to work with the dream team. I'm more afraid of the musical evaluation than the popularity."

Unlike most of the kids her age, she had given up trying to go to college. "When you're in your teens you're supposed to dream, when you're in your 20s it's supposed to become reality but I already had a really good "dream". When I debuted in 9th grade, I had already decided not to go to college. I'm not longing for a college life. On the day kids took their college entrance exam, I went to my album jacket photoshoot. I decided to follow my dreams."

----

Regarding the recent Melon Music Awards, at which IU received an award, she said, "I'm grateful but I have no desire to win awards. I'm not one to cling to results. It's great that I received an award and came in first, but if people like my songs after listening to them, then positions mean nothing to me."

"I have no ambition. When we were filming for 'Heroes', Noh Hongchul oppa even said, 'Your competitive spirit is close to zero'. I don't think I'm missing anything by having no greed though. Since I can become happy by myself, I don't feel so stressed."

IU said, "I feel that my ambition for music isn't relative but rather, absolute. I persist until I'm personally fully satisfied."

-

She's been a wordy quote machine lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9t01NpLr4r4

final preview for trouble maker

this gonna be good!!!~

amazing! and the mini album has leaked everywhere it seems

tumblr_lvh66ojldA1qj7s7jo1_500.jpg

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Yeah, the SNSD-only stuff won't be happening anymore.. since OT2 won't have SNSD in the title.

Oh and i've only listened to Trouble Maker. It has a nice Justice-vibe to it. I'll get around to listening to the rest of the mini later on today since some of the comments on AKP said there's a song on there that's better than the title track O_O

Niks

Yeah, the SNSD-only stuff won't be happening anymore.. since OT2 won't have SNSD in the title.

What the waht? Whats with the crazy talk in this thread lately?

MBC is currently in the works of creating a special music show, ‘SNSD’s Christmas Fairy Tale‘.

A representative from MBC stated, “‘SNSD’s Christmas Fairy Tale’ will be a music show with a specific concept. The girls will be able to do all the things they’ve always dreamed about doing on stage. Events may include such things like duet performances, however, nothing has been finalized as of now“.

The program will not be a full-length series with an organized format; rather, it’s a special event scheduled to air one-time on December 24th at 12:20AM KST.

Nice.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I've loved her from the first interview I read. She's an artist, not just a performer. She has the mind of an artist and knows her place in both industry and history as but one person among millions enjoying and expressing themselves through music. It's a sobering and humbling thing to consider, and she seems to live in that understanding and mindset, which is why she comes off so humble and sober-minded despite being at the height of fame in her country. She is perfectly aware of the difference between what is originating from her and what has been handed to her.

Along similar lines, a lot of things Wonder Girls have said since returning has made me like them a lot more. I think spending 2 years among the world stage gave them a reality check and made them reevaluate what they were in it for and they chose "good music" as their beginning and end. Yet while they have expanded their vision to more perpetual horizons, they realize they have a lot of fans who still carry the mind they used to have, and they try to give those fans something they will surely enjoy as they also continue learning and trying new things.

filler

Banned
Doesn't Sal get back from banishment on Friday? Can't we hold out on making the new thread until then? I hope they keep us here in the community forum, it keeps the riffraff out.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Doesn't Sal get back from banishment on Friday? Can't we hold out on making the new thread until then? I hope they keep us here in the community forum, it keeps the riffraff out.
Once we hit 20,000 posts, the new thread goes up. Hopefully there won't be 500 posts between now and then :) But why do we have to wait for Sal?!

IMO we'll hit 20k soon after the Trouble Maker MV releases.

Peru

There's no reason to move it out of the community section. This may work against my argument for some, but I've posted more after the move, which may just be because I see it as more 'homey', but also because hoi polloi don't show up complaining about its presence anymore.

Isn't there already a kpop thread in the OT?

That one's strictly about the music, though. I'd like it to be more active, but most people tend to review the music here anyway.

Deadly

Isn't there already a kpop thread in the OT?
This thread is for picture posting and etc. the other is for serious discussion.
That one's strictly about the music, though. I'd like it to be more active, but most people tend to review the music here anyway.
I don't think it's just about the music. More like the overall korean pop culture. There was some drama talk awhile ago too.

Fafnir

OC just power tripping. It's the posters that make the thread, he can name the thread whatever he wants but it'll still be Soshi dominated because that's what the main contributors post pics/talk about.

If you kpop hipsters want it to be more diverse, post about it. You can't make the Soshi lovers post about other shit they are not interested in, but you can try to make lurkers interested and hope they join in the discussion. This thread would never even make it to OT2 without Soshi.

In remembrance of Sal's og avatar.

kPsN1.gif

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Power tripping? wtf lol. Don't get your panties in a bunch, it's just a title.

Not one group will have a bigger prescence in the OP of OT2. Everything will flow nicely.

Alta1r

We gotta wait for Sal cause it's Huijang Sal. He's responsible for 25% of all posts in the thread. 5000 posts!

And name change or not, Soshi will continue dominating the discussion cause it's Soshi.

It's the posters that make the thread, he can name the thread whatever he wants but it'll still be Soshi dominated because that's what the main contributors post pics/talk about.

If you kpop hipsters want it to be more diverse, post about it. You can't make the Soshi lovers post about other shit they are not interested in, but you can try to make lurkers interested and hope they join in the discussion. This thread would never even make it to OT2 without Soshi.

Amen brotha.

tumblr_lvh3xbcjyZ1qhgskdo1_500.jpg

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
What? Guess you're misunderstanding me when I say the OP and title won't be soshi dominated. Seriously guys, the OP is for people that are new to all of this. Every group will be shown equally in the OP. Of course the actual thread content won't change, I never expected it to.

filler

Banned
Once we hit 20,000 posts, the new thread goes up. Hopefully there won't be 500 posts between now and then :) But why do we have to wait for Sal?!

IMO we'll hit 20k soon after the Trouble Maker MV releases.

I've seen other threads hit the 20k mark and continue on for a bit. It's not something that happens automatically or anything. We can wait for Sal.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
And name change or not, Soshi will continue dominating the discussion petty fighting cause it's Soshi.
Fixed.

But seriously, me and Peru disagreeing with each other whenever a new album comes out is 20x more "discussion" than you guys have.

Anyway, I have been here from the start and seen love spread to many kpop acts. If someone new is hitting the scene or if someone is releasing a new album, they get discussed. All these people got discussed:

Kara, Wonder Girls, T-ara, Orange Caramel, miss A, Apink, Secret, Rainbow, 2NE1, f(x), Dal Shabet, 4minute, IU, Brown Eyed Girls, After School, Davichi, Girls Day, Sunny Hill, Jewelry, G.Na, Kan Miyoun, JJ, 5dolls, Chocolat, C-Real, Chi-Chi... okay running out... BUT we also talked about guys like Big Bang (plus Taeyang, GD&TOP, Seungri releases), Beast, SHINee, Dalmation, Infinite, U-Kiss, Super Junior, various rap acts, etc.

In addition to that, we talk about Running Man, Invincible Youth (this will kick up more as translations come out), various dramas we watch and idol specials that come out. I can perfectly well recognize that some of you are 95% SNSD-focused, and SNSD certainly does fill in the gaps of discussion, but the fact is we have more people here than before and a lot of them have different preferences, and several of the main contributors have broadened their tastes to include many acts.

filler

Banned
T-ara is my favorite group right now, but I'd still like to keep SNSD in the title. I think it makes it easier for the more casual kpop fans to find this thread. Like if they were to do a search, it would lead them right here and they'd feel more comfortable joining in.

Oh wow, Hyuna is releasing a new MV?!

I'm really starting to like her! As I've said previously though, I kinda wish she was still slutty and orange.

Ashhong

You should probably listen to someone sing before labelling them as an average/bad singer though right?

I have heard her in plenty of parts in various T-ara songs. One is allowed to judge singing abilities based on the material they or their company puts out of them. Shouldn't have to youtube some obscure practice room karaoke in order to hear someone's talents. If she was great she would be featured in songs more, like Taeyeon or Seohyun are.

edit: Why must they cover their cleavage like that :( At least Jessica has the right idea. Show those off!

ramyeon

the lead single is sooo damn good. I've been listening to it on repeat for an hour now~
It's growing on me - didn't like it at all at first. I expected something a bit more... fierce though.

But this is just a glorified Hyunseung feat Hyuna mini tbh.

(._.)

Banned
We are diverse. Plus you have to admit SNSD is what is most talked about in the thread.

hopefully the next thread is a kpop-gaf community thread. snsd is good but they don't deserve to only have their name in the title.

It's growing on me - didn't like it at all at first. I expected something a bit more... fierce though.

But this is just a glorified Hyunseung feat Hyuna mini tbh.

hyuna sort of goes in hard on trouble maker than hyun seung does which I figured it would be the other way around

Conceptor

Whoa @ the last page lol

I guess I'm lttp at this point but I'm for keeping the thread in Community. Wasn't it moved here because it was constantly on the first page in OT? Plus there's the music discussion thread, though it doesn't get used as often as it could be (or rather, a few of the people who post in here don't necessarily post in there).

Edit: yo omg those kiss the radio pics Dice.

filler

Banned
I don't post in the other thread, because I'm not as hardcore into the music as everyone else. I like plenty of it, but there's a lot I haven't got around to listening to. I've watched a lot of the tv shows and whatnot. I figure most of the stuff away from the music gets posted here.

vanty

Is the OT thread even alive any more? I haven't seen it on the front page for weeks, and recently most things that could be posted in there just end up here instead. Which is fine by me, makes for a break from the same pictures of the same SNSD members being constantly posted.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Is the OT thread even alive any more? I haven't seen it on the front page for weeks, and recently most things that could be posted in there just end up here instead. Which is fine by me, makes for a break from the same pictures of the same SNSD members being constantly posted.
The Kpop thread? It's mostly active when a new album releases.

Holy shit Dice. Can you make me an avatar of Eunji? The picture on your tumblr. At work, don't have photoshop :( If not, DIBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom