• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fafnir

Salazar said:
Lee Soo Geun skills on Heroes.

Must be bliss to finally get a game on a variety show that you are good at.

tumblr_lk6zdrVuHT1qblz41o1_500.gif

Why so low, Taeyeon ?

That story is about a celebrity that was harassing Taeyeon. What's kind of shocking is that all the celebrities in the audience seemed to know who the harassing celebrity is.

Something about Taengoo that drives men crazy.

XfUnR.jpg

Some epic ping-pong in tribute of MC Mong.

VFlML.gif
dwhFn.gif

UaOzd.gif
QSNg6.gif

XjsFu.gif
dTqE2.gif

j2W9M.gif
Lv0by.gif

Ashhong

Yea I'm sure the 14 is just by celebrities..which seems kind of high to me. Who would count random strangers on the street?

Do you guys think all the idols ask each other out often? Seems like thats not really allowed.

Salazar

Ashhong said:
Do you guys think all the idols ask each other out often? Seems like thats not really allowed.

I remember an idol saying he'd been told by the head of his company to date (if he was determined to do so) within that company's roster, so it could be handled if it went wrong or got out. I know that I would be going out of my mind if I were a young handsome dude hanging around SNSD, 4minute, Kara, and so on.

I would be all
tumblr_lk6nh5qAyQ1qdbvhg.gif

I was reading scuttlebutt earlier about how Eunhyuk used to date a girl named Hyoyeon, and it passed into urban myth that it was Soshi Hyoyeon.

IU.

tumblr_lk71zzhehR1qdcel5o1_400.gif

tumblr_liflyx66fX1qd251n.gif

Salazar

rooflapimp said:
Does anybody know what show this is from?

Strong Heart, I think.

I could be wrong. I have been in the past.

The Doosan Bears get heaps of idol support. I'd be salty if I were on another team.

tumblr_lk6t11RHwo1qb1ovyo1_500.jpg

syoaran

Salazar said:
I remember an idol saying he'd been told by the head of his company to date (if he was determined to do so) within that company's roster, so it could be handled if it went wrong or got out. I know that I would be going out of my mind if I were a young handsome dude hanging around SNSD, 4minute, Kara, and so on.

That would make sense. But you got to remember that the various classes in upper society in Korea have a lot of private property (VIP only) areas, so its not uncommon for celebrities to keep a relationship completely secret from the rest of their co-workers/band/family and be able to live it out in these places that you pay for their secrecy. Saying that however, if you a girl your likely to be in a girls dorm, have a very busy schedule between 6AM-1AM at often months at a time. Most of these people just realise that they cant have a relationship until they retire, or at least have a relationship that means something.

Ashhong

Watching SNSD Running Man with subs. Pretty funny how they show a few clips of Jong Kook's power while being overwhelmed by 2 girls
KuGsj.gif
I would give in too if it means Sunny would hug me like that.

It was from Heroes.

It was a quiz where they had to forward roll to where the megaphone was and answer the question. If they got the answer wrong they would be hit on the head by that white squeaky mallet thing.

Salazar

Ashhong said:
I had to quote this again for the new page. Hyuna just looks so damn good.

Yes. Hyuna could whine at me all day and night.

And she would.

Man, that video of the b-boys spazzing over Kara is still getting me. If Goo-Hara waves at you, Ash, don't tell me about it.

syoaran

Just watching Episode 16 of RM and its really sweet watching the opening few minutes of Gwangsoo turn into a nervous wreck over Yuri haha. Fantastic.

and then Yuri blows the audience away with grade A cuteness in the first game. Ace stuff.

Hyuna from 4Min is wayyy fine.

Q: What are the chances of meeting girls like these in Korea? I am almost convinced to pay a visit to kpop land. Be good to hear some opinions/experience without turning this into Korean-Girl-Age

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
wing_zero8556 said:
D: .........................im in love. ive been watching twinkle twinkle MV for like the past hour cause of that gif a;owihga;owefha;woehf
great song & mv. easily one of my favorites this year.

syoaran

Killamangiro said:
Hyuna from 4Min is wayyy fine.

Q: What are the chances of meeting girls like these in Korea? I am almost convinced to pay a visit to kpop land. Be good to hear some opinions/experience without turning this into Korean-Girl-Age

Unless you speak the language, your not going to pick up girls of that type (looks wise). You'd have better luck finding the local Korean culture in your city. If you do speak the language and know the culture, then you should be fine (depending on looks/attitude/money). Same deal in Japan.

Conceptor

tumblr_lk7769btIU1qzk918o1_500.png

Yeah, that Taeyeon thing from up there is from Strong Heart. It's pretty good too, but there's a lot of talking, if you don't like that stuff.

Eunjung WGM 3: :lol @ his actual home. he really loves camping hahah

Tristam

syoaran said:
Unless you speak the language, your not going to pick up girls of that type (looks wise). You'd have better luck finding the local Korean culture in your city. If you do speak the language and know the culture, then you should be fine (depending on looks/attitude/money). Same deal in Japan.

Generally, yes; always, no. I speak from experience, so don't give up hope, Killamangiro. And remember that while most of the idols are indeed very pretty girls, even pre-surgery, their looks are often enhanced by some of the best make-up artists in the world and (in music videos) flattering lighting.

syoaran

Tristam said:
Generally, yes; always, no. I speak from experience, so don't give up hope, Killamangiro. And remember that while most of the idols are indeed very pretty girls, even pre-surgery, their looks are often enhanced by some of the best make-up artists in the world and (in music videos) flattering lighting.

Obviously there are always exceptions to the rule (I dated 1 for the longest time), but I have no idea if Killamangiro realises that the amount of good looking, english speaking and available women are but a drop in the ocean compared to the rest of the population.

And your absolutely right about the make-up artists, and also a lot of great airbrushing in both photos and post production video. A lot of the time the managers of the idols are on set to make sure that anything that portrays the person in a unattractive light is left on the cutting room floor. Even a lot of pro-fan's touch-up the photos of the idols they take photos for to gain more attention. Basic re-touch skills is as prevalent as cyworld in Korea.

Deadly

syoaran said:
Just watching Episode 16 of RM and its really sweet watching the opening few minutes of Gwangsoo turn into a nervous wreck over Yuri haha. Fantastic.

and then Yuri blows the audience away with grade A cuteness in the first game. Ace stuff.
Link???

Salazar

Running Man 6 - the coffee game. Holy shit, my face hurts from laughing.

And Soshified and tumblr freakouts notwithstanding, Kwon Yuri looks just fine.

tumblr_lk7sobD1UQ1qfrjfbo1_500.jpg

ramyeon

Tristam said:
Pre-surgery idols are pretty average usually, sometimes shocking. But not every idol has had surgery either. There are a lot of really good looking Korean girls, the same as girls from anywhere in the world. Some of my friends look better than a lot of idols, but that's normal anywhere in the world as well. Women are women, Korean women aren't much different ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom