• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/04/sm-confirms-sm-town-live-in-tokyo-for-september

SM Entertainment’s “SM TOWN LIVE in TOKYO SPECIAL EDITION” has been confirmed for September 3rd and 4th!

The two-day concert was originally scheduled for April 9th and 10th at the Tokyo Dome concert hall, but due to the natural disasters affecting Japan, SM Entertainment had no option but to postpone the date.

As the Tokyo Dome can house a 50,000 member audience, representatives are expecting over a 100,000 member audience over the two days.

Damn. Huge.

tumblr_ljoda3EuTB1qebg85o1_500.jpg

Ashhong

You know that timer on the allkpop background is counting down to midnight Saturday/Sunday. I'm not sure exactly whats going to happen? "Relive It" and the picture of Kara makes it seem like they are going to have video of last years concert or something.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Ashhong said:
You know that timer on the allkpop background is counting down to midnight Saturday/Sunday. I'm not sure exactly whats going to happen? "Relive It" and the picture of Kara makes it seem like they are going to have video of last years concert or something.

Well on the other side it has the logo for this years, idk. maybe they're going to upload each performance as it happens? Kinda like they do with the weekly music programs?

Ashhong

Salazar said:
I would expect nothing or worse than nothing. I like AKP, but I do not respect it.

http://i.imgur.com/7cY2N.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yea, not expecting much. OC could be right, maybe they will rush home and upload videos.

Is that Ham?

Peru

syoaran said:
Bottom line is, if MBC or the likes tried to market Running Man outside S.Korea, they would be hit hard legally unless they paid some heavy fines for use. I doubt they would want that, which is why until recently, all Korean channels have remained domestic as far as I know.
Taeyeon, like a boss.

I don't know the details of how they use licensed music, but KBS World broadcast most of their variety shows all over the world and on the web, and wouldn't 'get away' with that, and I'm not so convinced you're right about MBC either. I don't see any proof that they haven't paid for the use of the music like any other TV / Radio station.

Salazar

Peru said:
I don't see any proof that they haven't paid for the use of the music like any other TV / Radio station.

It's mainly an inference, I suppose, from the amount of money one imagines they would have had to pay. Because those are some prime samples.

Waiting for MV.

tumblr_lkapkoZmXy1qbnkib.gif

Peru said:
I don't know the details of how they use licensed music, but KBS World broadcast most of their variety shows all over the world and on the web, and wouldn't 'get away' with that, and I'm not so convinced you're right about MBC either. I don't see any proof that they haven't paid for the use of the music like any other TV / Radio station.

They probably have a set rate contract with all the companies where they just pay $X a year for free use of the entire libraries (I think the BBC has something similar?) for limited broadcast rights.

Peru

Joongki is leaving Running Man. The solution seems simple: Get Hyori back in. She's soon going to have an album to promote and needs to get back into the public perception.

Ashhong

Peru said:
Joongki is leaving Running Man. The solution seems simple: Get Hyori back in. She's soon going to have an album to promote and needs to get back into the public perception.

Well she was never "IN" RM was she? She guested for the first episode, that's about it. I think I would prefer Daesung as a regular, but that wont happen since BB is so busy now. Have you guys seen his RM episode? He was killing it. Running around everywhere.

Ashhong

Salazar said:
Yet to be subbed, right ?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkavhs7u4g1qbjtxh.gif[img][/QUOTE]

Not from isubs, no. But I bet some Big Bang forum did it. iSubs is working on the Uee episode right now and then its the double Daesung episode.

syoaran

evilpigking said:
They probably have a set rate contract with all the companies where they just pay $X a year for free use of the entire libraries (I think the BBC has something similar?) for limited broadcast rights.

Yes they could indeed be paying a licence, but Watertower (the company that own the inception soundtrack) are very, very expensive vs alternatives such as EMI etc. Also, the trailer music for each of these films are not attacked to a commercial licence, they are strictly B2B and are sold individually at huge costs. (often when a music song is bought for a trailer, it has strings attached to be reformatted and used only for their product (see Star Trek 2009 trailer)).

Honestly, every channel in the world has at one point or another used music they do not have the licence for. You might also notice that they use the soundtrack for Naruto (Morning scenes) in RM, something that they would never get the licence too from NHK. So it's just a case of hoping no-one pays attention really. Eventually as S.Korean TV starts being exported more over the years, you will see this use of music being removed.

Interesting note, is that the BBC used a song from FFVII back when it had been released to promote a hospital drama on their air. About 1000 people reported it to Square and the BBC had to quietly remove the advert, as well as pay a substantial fine under the table.

Salazar

Gwangsoo is so crazy for Yuri.

I read that the concept of fair use (not that it would apply to the Running Man situation) is not enshrined in Korean copyright law. Does their body of law still have a lot of catching up to do ?

syoaran

Salazar said:
Gwangsoo is so crazy for Yuri.

I read that the concept of fair use (not that it would apply to the Running Man situation) is not enshrined in Korean copyright law. Does their body of law still have a lot of catching up to do ?

It does, copyright infringement is everywhere and often encouraged. TV producers tell their staff that they want That exact music/That exact graphical look/That exact location, with the aim of producing an almost 1:1 replica. There is very little inspiration outside the concept design for TV, because they are too busy stealing each others ideas (and the ideas outside Korea), to notice. You can see this in a lot of graphic design, photography and website design.

I'm only talking about this with a little authority because I worked with a bunch of guys who used to work for KBS (and some for MBC) who worked in production, and they left the country because using an idea that had not already been used by another company was considered as crazy talk.

And yeah, Gwangsoo and Yuri have such great scenes together. When the subtitle comes up with, "You are a true friend" to Joongki, I couldn't stop laughing.

Salazar

uVaeo.gif

Soshified so impatient for Mr Taxi that they are spamming Hyoyeon pics. Tense situation.

Edit: I feel sorry for Yuri. This is so amazingly awkward.

Ashhong

How are Japanese music shows? Will SNSD be performing on a show like every week like in Korea? I want to see some performances dammit...

Salazar

Ashhong said:
How are Japanese music shows? Will SNSD be performing on a show like every week like in Korea? I want to see some performances dammit...

I imagine they'll be on morning tv, acting polite as hosts try to do the Mr Taxi dance.

lol at the RM team chanting "it's ok, it's ok, it's ok" when Yuri gets upset.

Seriously - how could you bear to make this girl sad ?

UmPIV.gif
cn7lE.gif

lunlunqq

I like the idea of getting both Daesung and Hyori as regulars in RM. Daesung and Jaeseok were such a great pair in Family Outing; so were Jongkuk and Hyori.

Trickster

lunlunqq said:
I like the idea of getting both Daesung and Hyori as regulars in RM. Daesung and Jaeseok were such a great pair in Family Outing; so were Jongkuk and Hyori.

There's gonna be new regular members in RM? And who are these Daesung and Hyori people?

Salazar

Ashhong said:
Yuri looked so unbelievably cute when she got sad. Then she went WAAAAAAAAAH and threw me off
KuGsj.gif

Oh man, I thought that was the cutest part.

Trickster said:
There's gonna be new regular members in RM? And who are these Daesung and Hyori people?

Pretty-boy Joonki is leaving to pursue his acting. Daesung is the goof in BigBang. Hyori is solo K-pop fox and variety queen.

This is Hyori: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27429534&postcount=3403

Early Eunjung.

Q1ky1.jpg

9EINV.gif

Ashhong

Trickster said:

Ever seen family outing? Either way, these are them

20090625141519985l3_150818_1.jpg

They were on the same show as JongKook and Jaesuk before RM and have amazing chemistry together. They have only said Joongki was leaving, they haven't really stated officially that he would be replaced.

Early Eunjung is great Salazar.

syoaran

Ashhong said:
Yuri looked so unbelievably cute when she got sad. Then she went WAAAAAAAAAH and threw me off
KuGsj.gif

Yeah it was quite awesome. You could see that she was getting really upset about it and started to cry, which caused everyone to step back a bit and the MC to try and save face. Well everyone stepped back instead of Haha, who went in for the kill!

Trickster

Salazar said:
Pretty-boy Joonki is leaving to pursue his acting. Daesung is the goof in BigBang. Hyori is solo K-pop fox and variety queen.

aaaaw what? :(

I really liked him on the show, wasn't the guy that brought the biggest laughs, but he was nice to have on the show.

Edit - Now that I think about it, wasn't the guest in episode 1 named hyori?

Chuckie

syoaran said:
Yeah it was quite awesome. You could see that she was getting really upset about it and started to cry, which caused everyone to step back a bit and the MC to try and save face. Well everyone stepped back instead of Haha, who went in for the kill!

Why did they made her cry? Was it part of a show?

Salazar

syoaran said:
Well everyone stepped back instead of Haha, who went in for the kill!

HaHa recognising his villain role has been so amazing.

Tence said:

Yeah - they did a quiz and made it so that she lost - having organised it beforehand with the producers that if they could do so without her realising that something was wrong, they would get running balls - which are the prizes of the game.

2qxxopt.gif
CD0i3.gif

Ashhong

Tence said:

The point of the show is to get the Running Man balls. The more you have, the more chances you have to escape punishment. For certain guests, the main cast team up and have to trick the guest somehow in order for them to win a ball each. In this case, they had to have her fail at the game or something like that. She felt so bad that she sucked she started to cry.

syoaran

Trickster said:
yuri is clearly a weak person.

/flameshields to maximum

You need to see the episode, because she tried really really hard to get them to understand the answer to the questions, and they tried to act incredibly stupid.

I'm not going to stoop down to the flame, but I do think the T&C should be changed to make mocking women who cry a banable offence.

its a joke

panda21

wasn't it kind of that she was letting the team down by being bad at it? she thought they were all working together, and they were being a bit mean about how much she sucked

when really they were tricking her and making her look bad because everyone else was cheating, so that they could get the balls.

her WAAAAAAAA was hilarious. so powerful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom