• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

sold a bunch of stuff for cash @ ebgames

_Angelus_

Banned
EB buys dead Xboxs? Well I guess its time to dig up the damn corpse I've got in my closet so they can reanimate it then.

ferricide

bitwise said:
you sure, cause right before you hit the submit button to make it live, you are warned that you are about to be immediately charged by ebay for the listing fee. then later on once it sells, you get charged a "final value fee".
http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/payment-due-date.html

i'm positive. it calculates up all the fees you accrue on ebay in the course of a month, and then charges it to your CC in one lump sum at a specified date (check that url).

and i have to say -- posting this to the forum was inviting criticism.

bitwise

Banned
ferricide said:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/payment-due-date.html

i'm positive. it calculates up all the fees you accrue on ebay in the course of a month, and then charges it to your CC in one lump sum at a specified date (check that url).

and i have to say -- posting this to the forum was inviting criticism.

thats incorrect actually.. i was about to list some more items (non game related) after i read this, glad i looked further, i would have been soo screwed in bounced check fees haha.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

"Insertion fees and optional feature fees are charged at the time of listing and are non-refundable. "

eBay only charges your actual credit card or bank account once a month, and only when you owe them $10 or more (perhaps the $10 thing has changed). They're just talking about the amount that's charged to your ebay account at the time of listing. The listing fees aren't refundable, but the final value credit is refundable if the buyer doesn't pay.

Regardless, I don't think I'd be listing items without money in the bank, either.

bitwise

Banned
Alex Anderson said:
eBay only charges your actual credit card or bank account once a month, and only when you owe them $10 or more (perhaps the $10 thing has changed). They're just talking about the amount that's charged to your ebay account at the time of listing. The listing fees aren't refundable, but the final value credit is refundable if the buyer doesn't pay.

Regardless, I don't think I'd be listing items without money in the bank, either.

i have one of these in mint new condition and someone just payed $97 for one wtf

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1345&item=5933129144&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

im going to list it, i sent ebay help an email just to be sure they arent going to charge my bank account right away for the listing fee. thanks for the info guys

jedimike

That's too bad... I would have doubled your money and wired it to you same day. Of course, not knowing who you are, I would be very hesitant. Anyway, if you have a PayPal account you could have gotten much more money just by selling it here. Instantaneous dinero... if you have the debit card.

Something to think about in the future.

bitwise

Banned
jedimike said:
That's too bad... I would have doubled your money and wired it to you same day. Of course, not knowing who you are, I would be very hesitant. Anyway, if you have a PayPal account you could have gotten much more money just by selling it here. Instantaneous dinero... if you have the debit card.

Something to think about in the future.

debit card is tied to my (currently) negative balance checking account, so any money deposited into it would have been wiped out :p

and for real, would someone really have western unioned me the money right away before they got the items from some guy online? i know i wouldn't.

SKluck

Banned
I'll never understand why people trade in games. You get back 10% what you spent on it, if you are lucky. Just rent the fucking thing and save yourself 30 bucks.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
SKluck said:
I'll never understand why people trade in games. You get back 10% what you spent on it, if you are lucky. Just rent the fucking thing and save yourself 30 bucks.

Traded in burnout3 at gamerush last week. Got it for $45 after gamers gift card at bestbuy. Gamerush gave me $40 after about 2 months after release date. So not quite 10% as long as you know where to go :D

ferricide

bitwise said:
"Insertion fees and optional feature fees are charged at the time of listing and are non-refundable. "
sigh. they are CHARGED TO YOUR ACCOUNT and then your account is, in turn, billed once a month. do you really think ebay wants to charge dozens of sub-$1 fees to people's credit cards, obliterating all profits in merchant fees from visa et al. or charge a lump sum and make more money?

i promise. they charge you once a month. which is what the url i linked says:

eBay requires payment in full each month if your invoice has a balance of $1.00 or more.

how do you think you get a "balance"?

moot now, i suppose.

john tv

Wow. You got thoroughly PWNED there. Alllllll those games and all you got was a measly $145...? :/

It's amazing what these retailers can get away with...

EB and Gamestop dont care about walkins anymore, their a pawn shop plain and simple. New games? Who cares. They can rape people on old ones.

Oni Jazar

Starving my ass. You wanted it same day because you were desperate for crack admit it. It's sad when gamers go south. Even sadder when they get ass raped by EB for it. Ah well enjoy your crack, cracky.

impirius

Oni Jazar said:
Starving my ass. You wanted it same day because you were desperate for crack admit it. It's sad when gamers go south. Even sadder when they get ass raped by EB for it. Ah well enjoy your crack, cracky.
:lol

"You're just a crackhead. Sorry about that cracky, crack, cracky. Hey Tom, he's just a crackhead. Aren't ya cracky? He's a big ol' crackhead. Here's some crack, cracky!"

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Megat0n said:
Wow, if you were interested in credit you could have really cleaned up at fye (check the used trade-in prices at wherehouse.com).

Bless you!

Oni Jazar

These are the used games that I recently listed on Half.com and sold them all in less then a month.

Metal Arms: Glitch In The System - $13.70
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - $12.26
Voodoo Vince - $12.94
F-Zero GX - $13.75
Shenmue 2 Xbox - $7.80
The Getaway - $6.95

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
TheGreenGiant said:
bitwise
Is actually 12 years old

:lol
A year older than you then.

Don't worry about it lad, EB rips off the biggest companies in the games industry all day long.

dem

Holy shit
They screw you that bad on games?

They actually give you like 60 cents? Thats a fucking joke.

bitwise

Banned
Cold Shadow said:
You got MEGA-PWNED, either way you are a fucking dumbass. You could have gotten atleast $450+ for all this.

fuck you, prick.

pff, anyways. must be nice to go through life without having to make any difficult choices :)

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
bitwise said:
fuck you, prick.

pff, anyways. must be nice to go through life without having to make any difficult choices :)

Most people living paycheck to paycheck or otherwise in unstable financial situations don't buy that many games in the first place... learn from your mistakes.

bjork

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. If he didn't have time to wait out an ebay sale or a yard sale or whatever, I don't see why he should be getting grief for trading his games in. It might not have been the amount anyone thinks he should've received for the stuff, but it wasn't anyone else's decision to make anyway...

Top Bottom