• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Adventure 2 HD |OT| googoo g'joob googoo g'joob

Kokonoe

Banned
Dunno, It Doesn't Matter is like gold beyond gold. Although, it does matter in SonicGAF, so it wouldn't work out.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Speaking of which, isn't it Johnny Gioeli's (vocalist for Crush 40) birthday today?

Still kinda surprised they didn't use that song as an insert for Sonic Generations somewhere. It didn't have to be the OP or credits theme, but just an insert song.

BlackJace

That one is gold beyond gold too, but there is something about It Doesn't Matter that is just perfect in a way I can't describe. It hits home.

I think it's because of it being played after you beat Sonic's story. There's a sense of accomplishment after beating arguably the most difficult story.

I dunno, that's what I felt.

brumx

mediocre game worth all that HDD space I dunno it's not like that graphics or sound are that much better than the DC

Emitan

It's kind of bizarre because neither a Dreamcast disk nor a Gamecube disk is even close to that capacity lol

Emitan

why does this have so many dislikes!? Sega/Bioware did an epic job with this remix of sonic3's final boss! The hell is wrong with you people?

HyperTurtle32 55 minutes ago

Beef stop making Youtube accounts

One bad thing about being based on the cube version is sonic's real time shadow, it's worse then the DC one because on the DC it's dynamic over sonic's body and looks really cool, here it's some low poly shit on the floor :(

So there's no trading Chao between SA1 and SA2 in this version?

That seems like a pretty massive oversight because I am pretty sure you could do that in the DC and GC versions.

Here all you get is the... "CHAO DEPARTURE MACHINE", where you take your Chao to be euthanized.

So there's no trading Chao between SA1 and SA2 in this version?

That seems like a pretty massive oversight because I am pretty sure you could do that in the DC and GC versions.

Here all you get is the... "CHAO DEPARTURE MACHINE", where you take your Chao to be euthanized.

That machine might as well be removed because it's so useless, I thought that I could rename my chao in it but no option even if you visit the garden from the stage select.

That machine might as well be removed because it's so useless, I thought that I could rename my chao in it but no option even if you visit the garden from the stage select.

IIRC, you could do it in the... Chao Kindergarten, I think? Whichever place it was that had the fortune teller.

Emitan

Well you can use it to get rid of Chao. That's useful I guess. I only like to work on one at a time.

qq more

I defended this game in the past, and I still think it can be saved...it BADLY needs to be patched however. BADLY.

By badly you mean completely change the game, right? Might as well just make a new game instead if they're gonna fix all that's wrong with the game.

Am I missing something? All I see is NiGHTS but no SA2. I can't download it.

Edit: Found it by going through the A-Z section but get an "Xbox Stores" error.

I only just noticed the cutscenes in-game use the dreamcast based cut scene model, while you play it's the new cube version, minus the updated soaps.

Was the original cube version like this? it's like a mashing of both game models and personally I prefer the dreamcast sonic, he looks better in the face.

*edit* another in-game scene not widescreen is when you first go to the ark and tails talks about it, it's 4:3 :/

BlackJace

NGHHHH! Stupid rocket in Metal Harbor! For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get to the top like I did in 2 Battle.

I only just noticed the cutscenes in-game use the dreamcast based cut scene model, while you play it's the new cube version, minus the updated soaps.

Was the original cube version like this? it's like a mashing of both game models and personally I prefer the dreamcast sonic, he looks better in the face.

*edit* another in-game scene not widescreen is when you first go to the ark and tails talks about it, it's 4:3 :/

Yeah, if I remember right, the Gamecube version swapped between different types of models depending on how many characters were in a scene. For example, in a cutscene where you'd have Sonic, Tails, and Amy together, SA2B would use the Dreamcast models, but if it was just Sonic by himself, it would be the updated ones.

(I don't actually own SA2B, but I've seen clips on Youtube)

Just finished Hero Story. I feel like this port received the most attention between NiGHTS/JSR.

181th in City Escape (3:01 / 19520)
1199th in Wild Canyon (2:20 / 15770)
339th in Prison Lane (3:11 / 25460)
1658 in Metal Harbor (2:24 / 14470)
145th in Green Forest (2:55 / 16580)
1055th in Pumpkin Hill (4:25 / 11020)
275th in Mission Street (4:31 / 25160)
537th in Aquatic Mine (1:31 / 11900)
852nd in Route 101 (2:54)
235th in Hidden Base (5:16 / 16380)
94th in Pyramid Cave (3:52 / 14510)
708th in Death Chamber (8:40 / 8650)
117th in Eternal Engine (6:33 / 34730)
238th in Meteor Herd (4:56 / 11120)
352nd in Crazy Gadget (7:01 / 9890)
137th in Final Rush (5:07 / 11110)

If I end up streaming tomorrow I'll start Dark Story.

Edit: Wow, nice. Got 2:30 in City Escape, SA2 leaderboards are still listing me with my 3:01 time...

Oh good, SA2 HD ranks leaderboards by score, not time. Even though games like Sonic 4 have separate leaderboards for score and time individually.

Way to discourage getting faster times, Sega!

Oh good, SA2 HD ranks leaderboards by score, not time. Even though games like Sonic 4 have separate leaderboards for score and time individually.

You can farm points on tails' space level, I forget is there an overall stage time limit in SA2? if not can't wait to see 99999999

Emitan

It's pretty awful. I want to know how fast everyone is!

Top Bottom