• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Adventure 2 HD |OT| googoo g'joob googoo g'joob

ARE YOU READY FOR 1000+ HOURS OF CHAO RAISING?

I'M READY FOR 1000+ HOURS OF CHAO RAISING*!

*With some weird-ass Sonic game attached, I guess.

Pretty much.

I mean I loved SA2 back in the day and it is still decent now, but I'd be lying if I said that I were buying this for much more than the Chao Garden.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
We do not speak of Rouge. She is a terrible character addition. Blaze >>>>>>>>>>>>>> All.

Anyway, THIS IS THE ULTIMATE-

Mr Swine said:
Dr Eggman forever! Only mainline Sonic game where we can play as the mad scientist!
Yev1q.gif

Young Magus

Fantastic OP. Will possibly buy after I get other, more important things first.

They also should've made the Chao Garden DLC instead of the Battle extras, because you chao lovers all know that you would buy each and every one.

They also should've made the Chao Garden DLC instead of the Battle extras, because you chao lovers all know that you would buy each and every one.
Chao Karate is part of the Battle DLC, so us Chao lovers are going to buy it anyway.

Bladenic

I will get this eventually. Have so many good memories of SA2: Battle for the Gamecube. Hopefully my memories aren't completely wrong.

And City Escape... Geez, what a great track.

With the PC version, we can finally mod in a fully-functional Eggman-on-foot campaign. Beating down his foes with tiny kicks all the way!
Ideally, we can also mod it so that kicking doesn't cause your momentum to completely halt, so that it might actually be mildly fun to use, too.

please add this OP to the OP, re: Chao Karate
This guy is a swell guy
A fellow Nocturn/Nocturne as well.
(and no Beef don't see this as a cue to bring in that theme)

You're lucky that this isn't...
Chao Garden |OT| More playtime with Sonic in the garden than in SA2 itself!

nns3d

I was just playing SA2B on my GC today, still holds up graphically but I always find myself playing the Sonic/Shadow stages.

And yes the music is amazing, but that's already been covered haha.

zroid

Banned
This OP made me want to dig out that GameCube copy I have...
and burn it :p

but srsly, I didn't hate this game when I first played it. It was... okay... I definitely remember having fun at certain points

Kamek

I remember how excited I was when this came out. I had the coolest looking black Chao. I remember thinking how awesome technology was that I could take my VMU on the go and have my Chao with me.

Memories :'(

Amazing OP. I can't wait to spend a billion hours listening to the sad music that plays whenever you dump a Chao into the gameboy advance. Is that still a GBA in the new games? Whatever, I'll toss them in there without a care in the world.

I already dread playing as Tails.

With all the Chao love Sega really are missing out here.
Just imagine the Chao garden returns and now Chao Karate gets taken it to the next level with online.
Down in a dark seedy underground chamber run by Eggman chao raisers all come together to witness the sport sweeping Sonic's world by storm, The Chao Chamber!
Karate is old hat, it's all about that bare knuckle brawling now, users pit their chao in a brutal tournament format complete with ring betting system and spectator mode, The chamber changes you man, win or lose no Chao ever leaves the same.
If Sega are going to do Sonic Adventure 3 then they can at least do me this courtesy.

Revven

Chao raising was fun back when this was out but I'm not sure I could get sucked back into it. TBH, much of the reason time was spent on it was because there was barely anything else to play on the GCN a lot of the time. At least... by yourself. So many droughts for that system.

At the same time, I might just plunge back into it because now I'm older and... can actually make the Chao in a smarter way, stat-wise. I had way too many throwaway Chao if I recall when I played Battle. Granted, I did get all Chao emblems...

Ugh, why can't this be out already? I haven't played SA2 in years.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
With all the Chao love Sega really are missing out here.
Just imagine the Chao garden returns and now Chao Karate gets taken it to the next level with online.
Down in a dark seedy underground chamber run by Eggman chao raisers all come together to witness the sport sweeping Sonic's world by storm, The Chao Chamber!
Karate is old hat, it's all about that bare knuckle brawling now, users pit their chao in a brutal tournament format complete with ring betting system and spectator mode, The chamber changes you man, win or lose no Chao ever leaves the same.
If Sega are going to do Sonic Adventure 3 then they can at least do me this courtesy.
You know what this means, don't you?

Sega are in cahoots with Professor Beef. That's why they won't make a standalone Chao game.

M-PG71C

I remember buying this for the Dreamcast. That was a sad day knowing this would be the final time a Sonic game is coming out on a SEGA system. That and the game came out months after the Dreamcast was declared dead.

I own the original and Battle. I'll own this too.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I love the plot synopsis, Mama Robotnik. It pretty much sums up everything.

Put me in with the "loves the game but acknowledges it as the downfall of Sonic" category. Shadow and Rouge pretty much reigned in that era of arseness. Might have to re-invest in a digital copy regardless.

I really hope that if (when) this is successful, Sega decides to release Sonic 2006 for the PC as well.

Finally we'll be able to mod it so it's actually good.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Professor Beef said:
Why that's ridiculous, Schala.
Do you remember when you lost your passion for this work?

I really hope that if (when) this is successful, Sega decides to release Sonic 2006 for the PC as well.

Finally we'll be able to mod it so it's actually good.
You cannot fix the horrible story and catalyst for the game's beginning. Sonic 2006's problems are not limited to the gameplay at all.

You know what this means, don't you?

Sega are in cahoots with Professor Beef. That's why they won't make a standalone Chao game.
And I just don't understand why. Maybe they could phase the Chao back into the next couple of Sonic games as standalone attractions that aren't connected to anything needed for a 100% clear. Once they've improved the old system enough, they can also release a Chao game to great success.

Alchemy

Was interested in this until the DLC popped up. Fuck it, if I want to play SA2 I'll just pop in the Dreamcast version.

And I just don't understand why. Maybe they could phase the Chao back into the next couple of Sonic games as standalone attractions that aren't connected to anything needed for a 100% clear. Once they've improved the old system enough, they can also release a Chao game to great success.

I think Sega is done listening to fans. What's done is done!

Kokonoe

Banned
It's not as hard as it sounds, playing the demo of Sonic 2006 with those slight fixes felt a lot better. Main thing is to fix all the scripted scenes that autokill you.

PowderedToast

i hope sega have the humility to go back and actually release SA1 in HD. it's still the best 3D sonic and deserved better treatment ;/

I did it this morning to hype the HD version.
Nothing is wrong with Shadow pre Shadow The Hedgehog, nothing!

Whoa...that Knuckles voice...sounds like something from Mega Man, or an old cartoon. I guess i'm too use to Dan Green or the rough and gruff style.
You know what the best Knuckles voice was?

This game's.

Definitely skipping until at least 50% off and even then I'm not sure. The sonic/shadow stages were ok but the treasure hunting just destroyed this game. Still not sure how they considered that a good idea.

Boney

Banned
so why would anyone be getting this

unless they're like14 year old or something and have nostalgia for something they played as 6

Top Bottom