• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Adventure 2 HD |OT| googoo g'joob googoo g'joob

Boney

Banned
If only I had the equipment to record what's on my TV. I'm not saying it happens a lot (in fact, the glitch occurs rarely) but I remember it happening for sure.

EDIT: To make sure we're on the same page, we're talking about the homing attack glitch where Sonic begins to circle around the enemy in mid air, right?

we're liars man

we have to make stuff up to tarnish the good name of this incredible game

Kokonoe

Banned
The only thing like that in the game is when you use the full charge up multi homing attack, it's designed to circle around the enemies and destroy them in a row.

TheOGB

Banned
Homing Attack was solid, possibly the best it's ever been. Well, it and Generations have pretty good homing attack functions.
Going by every experience I've ever had with this game, definitely not

But Heroes still was MUCH worse, including the circling and subsequent missing of targets.

Kokonoe

Banned

Sonic Adventure 2 goes in whichever direction you're holding the stick, and always lands on the target you're attempting to go to. Only thing close are the 2D segments in Sonic Generations and Sonic 4.

Boney

Banned
Sonic Adventure 2 goes in whichever direction you're holding the stick, and always lands on the target you're attempting to go to. Only thing close are the 2D segments in Sonic Generations and Sonic 4.

and then it gives you candy and kills all the perverts from the earth

TheOGB

Banned
I've had better homing attack success in Unleashed. :p

I'll admit, I fully expect it to be better than I remember when this hits next week, but from memory I have had better experiences in more recent fare.

But now I'm confused; I've never had the circling glitch happen in SA2, only Heroes.

Revven

But now I'm confused; I've never had the circling glitch happen in SA2, only Heroes.

Yeah, same. It's plentiful in Heroes and is what made me hate that game the most (alongside its slidey ass physics, Christ... can't tell you how many times I died sliding off a ledge...)

Kokonoe

Banned
I learned from SonicGAF thread and ShadiWulf that the reason Sonic Heroes was so slippery and odd was that they created a new engine that would be easier to port to multiple consoles. Sure is a shame.

But Heroes still was MUCH worse, including the circling and subsequent missing of targets.

I gotta be honest, whenever I started circling targets in Heroes, I laughed. I always thought it was hilarious and I wanted to see how long it would last.

So is this going to be exactly like SA2:Battle? Or will it be missing some things like Adventure 1 for PSN and XBLA?

Yeah, same. It's plentiful in Heroes and is what made me hate that game the most (alongside its slidey ass physics, Christ... can't tell you how many times I died sliding off a ledge...)

Sega lost their soul after Dreamcast, and have been seaching for a replacement ever since.

Kokonoe

Banned
I gotta be honest, whenever I started circling targets in Heroes, I laughed. I always thought it was hilarious and I wanted to see how long it would last.

So is this going to be exactly like SA2:Battle? Or will it be missing some things like Adventure 1 for PSN and XBLA?

It's going to be like SA2Battle, just without the multiplayer mode unless you pay an extra 3$. All together it'd be 13$.

TheOGB

Banned

Definitely funny the first two times, not nearly as funny the next...

I don't even know, but I played that game much more than it deserved ._.

Kokonoe

Banned
and then it gives you candy and kills all the perverts from the earth

Boney, this comes off as rather rude. Is this your intention?

we're liars man

we have to make stuff up to tarnish the good name of this incredible game

When you come into this thread and say negative things about the franchise itself, and only negative things, it kinda hurts your credibility when it seems your only remarks are to tell people they are 6 year olds for liking a game you don't.

I had that circling glitch. Know what I did?

Dealt with it the 3 times it happened and enjoyed the game.
Pretty much. Alot of the complaints and issues people have never come into my mind until someone on gaf or somewhere else online points them out and cast the game off as unplayable or some shit.

Circling homing attack wasn't too big of an issue for me. Whenever it happened Sonic would eventually kill the badnik anyway, it was just a delay.

What really pissed me off was trying to light speed dash with a magnet shield. Fuck that. Have fun bouncing down into a bottomless pit!

Zeppelin

Played this earlier this year for the first time. What an awful game. I wanted to kill myself after the first level. It's that bad.

TheOGB

Banned
Circling homing attack wasn't too big of an issue for me. Whenever it happened Sonic would eventually kill the badnik anyway, it was just a delay.

What really pissed me off was trying to light speed dash with a magnet shield. Fuck that. Have fun bouncing down into a bottomless pit!
Now this was the one that, despite how mad I would get, ALWAYS made me laugh. It happened infrequently enough that it wasn't frustrating.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Can't wait to play City Escape over and over again.

If the battle mode is dlc why in the hell is there no online multiplayer with it? Im not buying it. I always wanted to test my skills in that damn thing with people other than my sibilings and I thought this remake would be the perfect oppurtunity for it. Dammmmnnnnn.....

HardRojo

$13 is still cheaper than I thought Sega would initially price the whole package for ($25) so I'm ready for some SA2B and dem emblems.

Tizoc

Nope, haha. Literally no point at all unless you really like throwing enemies.

Klonoa_(Character)_image.png

Noi

This might be the best place to ask about something that's bothered me about Sonic Adventure 2 since I played it way back when.

What the hell was up with the drastic shift in Knuckle's voice during the intro to the Rouge vs Knuckles fight? It's always bugged the hell out of me.

I always forget that even existed. lol Was there any point to that?

It was intended as more of an easter-egg item because it was in reference to the original concept of Sonic being about a rabbit that grabbed objects and threw them with his ears.

(that concept was later adapted in to Ristar, so the Magic Hands was kind of dumb, in retrospect)

Kokonoe

Banned
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090112194525/klonoa/images/3/33/Klonoa_(Character)_image.png[img][/QUOTE]
And suddenly it all makes sense.
[quote="Noi, post: 42656448"]This might be the best place to ask about something that's bugged me about Sonic Adventure 2 since I played it way back when.

What the hell was up with the drastic shift in Knuckle's voice during the intro to the [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l2Dy6FoYJ4"]Rouge vs Knuckles fight[/URL]? It's always bugged the hell out of me.[/QUOTE]

Well, they were probably recorded at two separate times and they didn't care enough to have it properly sync into the next one with the right tone. I think part of it is voice acting in games weren't as big of a thing as they are now.

Tizoc

The best Knuckles voice was in Sonic 3 and Knuckles when he didn't open his goddamn mouth

Isn't Knuckles voiced by Piccolo's VA in the Japanese dub of Sonic X? Or was that Vegeta's VA?
EDIT: Nah he's Guts from the 90s Berserk anime.

Despite not actually liking this game much, I spent an inordinate amount of time playing it...and thanks to this, I have an urge to play it right now (what is wrong with me?). Alas, I have long since given my copy to my sister.

Oh I remember that circling glitch. Forgot about it until it was mentioned. It's really annoying.

That was certainly irritating, but the awful camera is what really drove me up a wall. Most of my deaths in that game were a result of the camera doing something ridiculous.

The soundtrack really was fun though. Glad to see I'm not the only one who actually loves Pumpkin Hill and City Escape. Another track I really like that I haven't seen mentioned yet is White Jungle.

This might be the best place to ask about something that's bothered me about Sonic Adventure 2 since I played it way back when.

What the hell was up with the drastic shift in Knuckle's voice during the intro to the Rouge vs Knuckles fight? It's always bugged the hell out of me.
I remember that junk lol I just never payed much attention to it lol

"They stink like echindas do."
lol man I miss this game lol..and rogues theme <3

Rlan

Both White Jungle and Green Forest are a ton of fun, both music and design wise.

Also a big fan of Final Rush because you're in fucking space the whole time, with everything "wub"ing around you. Even if it is a giant death pit of a level. Compare it to the bad grind levels in Sonic Heroes and it's amazing.

Both White Jungle and Green Forest are a ton of fun, both music and design wise.

Also a big fan of Final Rush because you're in fucking space the whole time, with everything "wub"ing around you. Even if it is a giant death pit of a level. Compare it to the bad grind levels in Sonic Heroes and it's amazing.

After a few runs, I loved Final Rush. Just imagine if you could effortlessly jump between rails like in every 3D Sonic game after Adventure 2. Its sad I don't even expect that fix.

Kokonoe

Banned
White Jungle and Green Forest are so good, and I like their music a lot as well. I'd honestly like to see more levels with that type of terrain and style. Darkish green, hints of sunlight, going through holes in giant trees, swinging on vines, etc.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Will be buying this on 360 and PC. This was my second gamecube game and at the time I didn't have many games, but this game occupied me well. Have very fond memories of the corny dialog and amazing soundtrack. Raising chaos was also a good break from the main game.

I don't know if i'll be able to get all the emblems though, that might prove to be too challenging for me, remember giving up as a kid.

Top Bottom