• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Adventure 2 HD |OT| googoo g'joob googoo g'joob

Kokonoe

Banned
I abused the Chao once to test the whole "easily making it evil" method, but abusing them is the worst way to go about doing that and they just become basic Chao so I never did it again.

Real talk: When you're about to release a Chao, it's practically impossible due to how sad they make it.

Oh, I remember this game. It was my favorite game long with Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Heroes on the GC.

What the fuck was wrong with me, I wonder.

Real talk: When you're about to release a Chao, it's practically impossible due to how sad they make it.
So much truth, it's like you will throw the poor bugger into some harsh forest wilderness where it will never know true love and only sorrow.

It's probably Beef's garden.

theman5141

Neo Member
The act of charging for game content that should be in a retro DC/GC game to boot is absolutely deplorable and inexcusable, no matter how you view it. While the asking price is modest, it's really just the principle that irks me.

Sega must be really hurting financially. Really hurting. I'll stick with my GC copy, local multi-player intact, thanks.

Drago

Just want to say that the OT title annoys the hell out of me

I'll probably pick this up next year maybe. I never finished the game and Chao Garden is the best thing ever.

Just want to say that the OT title annoys the hell out of me.

tumblr_mas1tx5CY91r6o0g0.gif

I bet you dropped your Tamagotchi, too. You bastard.
Never had one. I went with Digimon.
I dropped it a couple of times, but never on purpose.
So much truth, it's like you will throw the poor bugger into some harsh forest wilderness where it will never know true love and only sorrow.

It's probably Beef's garden.

I have trained beasts to specifically target Chao in my garden. They will not survive.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Beef, you're ruthless. Your hate for chaos knows no bounds!

They should have let you use Omochao as a weapon in Generations, so hell yes I'm going to let loose on him in SA2 HD.

Drago said:
Just want to say that the OT title annoys the hell out of me
I don't think the original thread title was going to fit, anyway, and Green Scar couldn't have gotten away with it because it didn't directly mention the game title.

Nocturnowl said:
Now who aside from Professor Beef goes into chao gardens and abuses chao for their own sick amusement?
Beef probably wouldn't have gone through the effort to go into the chao garden anyway.

CAN YOU SEE ALL OF ME

WALK INTO MY MYSTERY

STEP INSIDE AND HOLD ON FOR DEAR LIFE

I gotta say, looking back I loved the game when I was a kid. But now I see how bad it is : (
I don't mind that song. It's a guilty pleasure. Never Turn Back and All Hail Shadow aren't as bad as people expect.

But liking Shadow the game itself? Dude... duuuuuude...

Drago

Seriously, what does "googoo g'joob" even mean and what does it have to do with Sonic Adventure 2? serious question.

I am an idiot so if it's something obvious, I'm sorry for asking

I don't mind that song. It's a guilty pleasure. Never Turn Back and All Hail Shadow aren't as bad as people expect.

But liking Shadow the game itself? Dude... duuuuuude...

I... I've got another confession to make...
but... but...

It's more terrible than liking Shadow the Hedgehog....

Kokonoe

Banned
Nothing is wrong with Shadow The Hedgehog pre Shadow The Hedgehog (game). He was a normal antihero type character designed to appeal to those who wanted to see a "cooler/darker" version of Sonic. It's not for everyone, but still don't see any issue with it.

OMG Aero

In the some of the cutscenes, you see Eggman and Rouge use a teleporter to get themselves where they needed to be. Why not teleport back into his base?
Where do they teleport to?
The only teleporter I remember is the one inside the base that leads directly to the Ark.

Nothing is wrong with Shadow The Hedgehog pre Shadow The Hedgehog (game). He was a normal antihero type character designed to appeal to those who wanted to see a "cooler/darker" version of Sonic. It's not for everyone, but still don't see any issue with it.

Well do you see an issue with
Thinking Sonic 06 and its story were cool?

WHY GOD WHY GOD I HATE MY CHILD SELF

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
First off, finish SA1. The final boss was so good, I made an entire thread about the importance of the lead-up to a great final boss.

And secondly, as many have said, SA2 is a "love it or hate it" game. The controls are tighter, and the absence of Adventure fields is a blessing or a curse to many. The story? Well, just read Mama Robotnik's synopsis. It's accurate as hell.

It's worth a buy if you're a fan of the series.
Yes, I wanna finish the game, but I don't want to have to insert the CD every time I want to play it. That's why I was asking if the Steam version ran well, because I've heard it had some problems.

WillyFive

I liked the Shadow from SA2.

But after they revived him in Heroes, he has just been pointless. It's good to have him as a selectable character for stuff like Sonic All Stars Racing, but he should have died as intended in SA2.

TheOGB

Banned
Oh, I remember this game. It was my favorite game long with Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Heroes on the GC.

What the fuck was wrong with me, I wonder.
Nothing, from where I'm standing. I've already said how much I played Heroes, but Shadow is like a terrible B-movie I can't help but love returning to once every blue moon.

Something is seriously wrong with us

welp, there goes any hope for a decent sleep

Nothing, from where I'm standing. I've already said how much I played Heroes, but Shadow is like a terrible B-movie I can't help but love returning to once every blue moon.

Something is seriously wrong with us

But... it's like something you can't help... at least that's what I feel xD

Drago

I played the PS2 version of Heroes. never again. I hear the GC version is ok though? May look into that.

I still haven't played Shadow the Hedgehog, but I'm sure I'm not missing much there :p

this is turning into the Sonic community thread

Revven

I played the PS2 version of Heroes. never again. I hear the GC version is ok though? May look into that.

GCN version is... yes, fine. Probably the best version (I haven't played the Xbox one so I might be wrong) but that isn't saying much when the game itself is... ew.

Never had a problem with Crazy Gadget. Metal Harbor and Radical Highway beat the clocks were always the hardest for me.

There's a trick to finishing the last part of Crazy Gadget I learned when I was young to get a good time. But there's an even crazier way to finish the last part.

See this here speed run

Did they ever. I never got rid of any Chao because of that music coupled with the picture of the Chao leaving. Every time my garden was full and I went to release one I simply couldn't do it and ended up spending all my pocket money on yet another memory card to transfer them to.

Top Bottom