• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

Tizoc

Burning rangers stage is a love hate relationship, some real annoying areas where the hard AI can just zip through like nothing.

Also sticking police cars after loops in traffic attack is an ass move.

Tell me about it, one needs to truely memorize the corners and properly drift to get past them without losing speed.
I wonder it's inclusion is a hint towards a future release on PSN and XBL...hmmmm.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
A question: is the demo up just on XBL or is it on PSN too?

Kokonoe

Banned
Guess I'm going to have to get the console version then.

i4b1QEhv1kaVO.png

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
The reactions that ONM review has caused in this thread are more shameful than the relatively low score they handed the game.
Making rash judgements about the reviewer, implying agendas and so on when all we've got to go on is a small summary paragraph, bloody hell.
Not that I endorse their reviews, never forget that 91% Red Steel and whatever high score they gave My Sims, now they certainly whiffed a bit.

This game is solid but it's not the second coming of kart racers some here seem to be anticipating.

Oh yes, shame on me! ;)

Tizoc

A question: is the demo up just on XBL or is it on PSN too?

It's XBL only atm it seems, didn't see a demo on PSN. (Thanks Baconsammy)
Guess I'm going to have to get the console version then.

Man if only they promoted this game early announcing the TF exclusive in Steam ver., this would've been bought Day 1 on Steam.

EDIT: Shinobi theme is online!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP8V6oDC7iQ

EDIT2: OST IS ONLINE!
http://www.youtube.com/user/AestheticGamer/videos?query=TRANSFORMED

V_Ben

Banned
Oh my bad, I thought we were talking about the full proper game being downloadable.

This wasn't on my radar at all, but reading the Eurogamer review, I can't help but be a little excited. Price is right too.

It's the full game and the LE DLC, and the size comes in at 5.5GB as stated above. Faster loads ahoy! :)

Oh yes, shame on me! ;)

SHAME!
okay maybe not shame but I just don't see the mild outrage, had it been like 20% with a summary of "Sonic is lame, Mario is cooler" then yeah.

So do we have a list of character unlocking criteria yet? I want Eggman and Joe Musashi.

Tizoc

Guys should I make a new thread with the reviews for the game, in order to bring more attention to it? I'm getting second thoughts about this right now ^_^;

It's the full game and the LE DLC, and the size comes in at 5.5GB as stated above. Faster loads ahoy! :)

Damn how fast are the loadings in the digital ver.?

My apologies - checked the OP, but couldn't find it. Will this be on PSN only in the EU, or will it be DLable in NA as well? At 5.5 GB, that's the way I'd probably go.

Tizoc

My apologies - checked the OP, but couldn't find it. Will this be on PSN only in the EU, or will it be DLable in NA as well? At 5.5 GB, that's the way I'd probably go.

Pretty sure I stated it in the very first lines of text, and I expect the US release to be on the 20th hopefully.

V_Ben

Banned

It should be worldwide, but don't hold me to that.

Re: load times - I've experienced faster digital loads in titles like ME3, so I'm expecting similar results here :) I don't have a disc version to hand to check unfortunately. Either way, it's now on my hard drive for easy access.

Interested to see some demo reactions. Maybe I'll be in the minority. I have to admit I'm still super sad about no wheel support.

My impressions incoming soon. Download finishing soon. Keep in mind though that I'm a big fan of the first game. That may or may not taint my impressions.

One thing I really REALLY love is how boosts can stack on each other, do a drift, hit a boost pad and use a boost powerup and you will go flying, son!

WR for me, love that outrun track.

FVPGt.jpg

My brother just bought this for me on Wii U as an early Christmas present! Fuck yeah, this is the first Christmas present he's ever bought me, which is sad since I've gotten him so many and he's 28.

Now I need to cancel my preorder for it with Amazon and put the money towards something else. No idea, though.

Just bought the Wii U version on Amazon. Not really a game that utilizes the Wii U's capabilities, but it will be nice to have an extra game for it.

Does anybody know if you can do two-player local with one on TV and one on Gamepad, or is that only for five-player local?

Shiloa

Got my copy downloading off PSN! Really hope it's good. The gf will be the judge of that though.

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere but is the commentator still in? I loved him. It got a bit tiring hearing the same things over and over, but it really helped make the game.

Tizoc

Got my copy downloading off PSN! Really hope it's good. The gf will be the judge of that though.

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere but is the commentator still in? I loved him. It got a bit tiring hearing the same things over and over, but it really helped make the game.

Sadly, the commentator from the first game is absent, or rather his chatter during the race =/ I know many didn't like him, but over time you just got used to his lines.

The car not rolling in with a "Rooolliiiing staaaaart" at the start of the race is a bummer.

Some Air Races having 'Rolling Start' as the text at the begging of the race.

SykoTech

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p52/KamuiSyvil/SegataSanshiro.gif

Haha. Segata was initially my third pick, but I changed it to Selvaria. Figured she would have less votes than him.

Not that I'm holding my breath that any of them will get in. :-/

MicH

Man, I am so tempted to get this game off PSN right now. The wait for the Wii U release on Nov. 30th seems so far away :(

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Still can't believe we haven't heard a single WORD about the Vita version.
SEGA of America snuck Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz on to store shelves and released the launch trailer a week after release. I'm not surprised.

Tizoc

Anyone with the PS3 ver. wanna play online later on in like 3-4 hours?
I got some stuff to do but I should be free by then for 1-2 hours of online.
Tizoc789 is my PSN nick if you want to add me.

Thoughts on a quick run through the demo:

Consists of 1 race (Panzer Dragoon level) and 1 Skill challenge (Golden Axe level). One racer only in the demo (Sonic) for both events.

It appears to be muddier looking and less colorful than the first game, also appears to be running at a lower res. The framerate is good and consistent though. It plays really well, but I bet some people will dislike how slow the game gets once you're on water or in the air. Shouldnt the air portions be at least as fast as when you're driving? That seems weird to me. It controls fine, but the on water/lava portions aren't up to Hydro Thunder's high standard. It also doesnt feel like my vehicle is in the lava/water. It feels like it's floating over it instead of being immersed in it...if that makes any sense.

My major complaints - the weapon selection sucks compared to the first game. And more importantly the announcer from the first game appears to be gone. I hear he makes an appearance elsewhere, but I really miss him during the race.

Good demo, though, and it sold me on the game. I think I'm leaning towards the 360 version now.

Thoughts on a quick run through the demo:

Consists of 1 race (Panzer Dragoon level) and 1 Skill challenge (Golden Axe level). One racer only in the demo (Sonic) for both events.

It appears to be muddier looking and less colorful than the first game, also appears to be running at a lower res. The framerate is good and consistent though. It plays really well, but I bet some people will dislike how slow the game gets once you're on water or in the air. Shouldnt the air portions be at least as fast as when you're driving? That seems weird to me. It controls fine, but the on water/lava portions aren't up to Hydro Thunder's high standard. It also doesnt feel like my vehicle is in the lava/water. It feels like it's floating over it instead of being immersed in it...if that makes any sense.

My major complaints - the weapon selection sucks compared to the first game. And more importantly the announcer from the first game appears to be gone. I hear he makes an appearance elsewhere, but I really miss him during the race.

Good demo, though, and it sold me on the game. I think I'm leaning towards the 360 version now.
The air feels slow because you are above and away from the ground but I do agree it does feel sluggish at times, but on water if you boost enough you can really go fast. I think all 3 are a nice mix but they do feel rather familiar to each other, I was expecting more choppy water for boats and even then sometimes the dynamic waves don't launch you like nothing was there.

NOOOOO!

Races must seem so quiet now

You get a colours style announcer instead so you hear quite a lot of chatter, think halo announcer style.

MicH

I can't seem to see where it's listed that the Bonus content (Metal Sonic + Outrun Bay= is included in the digital version on EU PSN. Was it ONLY for preorders?

Tizoc

I can't seem to see where it's listed that the Bonus content (Metal Sonic + Outrun Bay= is included in the digital version on EU PSN. Was it ONLY for preorders?

I believe so, oddly enough...
Last week the game was NOT mentioned in the EU Blog as being up for pre-order.
I found it via search and the game detailed that u also get Metal Sonic+Outrun Bay.

Now when I check it, MS and Outrun are not listed.
Friggin' bizarre I know oof.

Berordn

I believe so, oddly enough...
Last week the game was NOT mentioned in the EU Blog as being up for pre-order.
I found it via search and the game detailed that u also get Metal Sonic+Outrun Bay.

Now when I check it, MS and Outrun are not listed.
Friggin' bizarre I know oof.

That's... silly. It's still included in the box for all retail copies labeled bonus edition, right?

ShadiWulf

XBOX magazine

Drifting round corners is now no longer an exercise in patience but an Outrun-esque dream. It'll take a couple of races to get used to but once you've nailed it there's nothing more satisfying than pulling the stick away from a long turn to arc smoothly round it, then slamming toward tight turns to take them aggressively. Too often in the past have kart games relied entirely on the zaniness and the chance to yell "oh, look, bet you didn't think you'd see Ren and Stimpy in a go-kart, lulz" without taking time to work on the actual feel of the game, and it's here where Transformed excels.

8/10

http://www.oxm.co.uk/47671/reviews/sonic-sega-all-stars-racing-transformed-review/

Tizoc

Urgh, that's stupid. That just pushed me off getting it on PSN. Will wait for Wii U

Well, they're not really deal breakers IMO, the game as is is fun, and has a lot to offer. If you're, say having family over in a few days, you could all play together, in Grand Prix or completing the main Career mode. ...and I can confirm that offline multi works for both as I played them with my brother.

That's... silly. It's still included in the box for all retail copies labeled bonus edition, right?

Yes it should! My PS3 copy is the US ver. and it had the Metal Sonic and Outrun Bay DLCs, and the codes worked =3 Hmm wonder if they'll show up in my Vita Download list....

MicH

Well, they're not really deal breakers IMO, the game as is is fun, and has a lot to offer. If you're, say having family over in a few days, you could all play together, in Grand Prix or completing the main Career mode. ...and I can confirm that offline multi works for both as I played them with my brother.
Yeah, I know, but I would much rather have them. I could just as well go buy it in retail tomorrow (and that's even cheaper than the PSN price!) and have the bonus stuff. But I think I'll just wait for the Wii U release like I originally had planned.

Top Bottom