• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

Now I've played a fair bit of this on Wii U some thoughts.

How do I play off screen/ on gamepad? I see no option like Tekken.

Swipe downwards on the gamepad screen.

Anyway, I played online some more on the Wii U. Still no issues for me with the game or console. I'm on right now if anyone wants to play. I'm actually posting this from the system while the game is still on. Hah.

My ID is ZXRockmanZX

Smilax

Now I've played a fair bit of this on Wii U some thoughts.

How do I play off screen/ on gamepad? I see no option like Tekken.

I miss being able to buy unlockables with coins.
Can we even unlock/change music tracks for the courses?
I LOVE the Skies of Arcadia course. So good.
Add me on Wii U for a race sometime (Zomba13)

EDIT: Oh, how do I unlock Miis?

To the first question, just slide down on the pad. You'll see a confirmation screen on the pad if you did it right.
Second Question: No, there is no unlockable music for this game, bummer really.

I'll add you. :D

Last question: I think you do it by beating all the GPs, unless you mean playing as other Miis, then no, you can only play as the user you are using.

Zomba13

AH HA! Thanks for that. I checked the 'manual' that came with it and didn't see mention of it and didn't see a section in the electronic manual that'd help.
Sucks about no unlockable music. Loved that stuff in the first one.

EDIT: Accepted the friend request :D

Since us Wii U players are supposed to play tomorrow, I figured I'd start sending out some friend requests, so look out for requests from ZXRockmanZX.

olimpia84

I also have the game for the WiiU so feel free to add me guys although I'm not sure how much I'll be playing online considering the annoying bugs. NNID same as my username.

Boogiepop

So, now that I can finally see what's past the Burning Ranger's sprint... what exactly is there to unlock beyond the
gate after AGES
? I can probably unlock the character in front of it, but 200 stars with only the challenges I have available now seems pretty damn hard. What exactly is there left to unlock past that gate? Also, any hints on sprint challenges? They kick the crap out of me even when I'm sure I'm doing the stage pretty much perfectly, which makes them near impossible for me.

Oh, and are there any characters to unlock outside of just getting more and more stars?

Kokonoe

Banned
Wii U Race is still going on as scheduled. I'll post again here at the time below to get things started.

NNIDs
kitsuneyo
PrematureQuiche
Smilax
Jakfu1
Prinny

Alright, Saturday it is. (And possibly Sunday)
Be sure to check around 11 AM Central US time.

To see what time in your area, click this link.

---> [ Time for Sanic Racing GAF ] <---

I will start posting in this thread around that time to start getting everything setup and see all who's going to be there. We can keep it going a few hours too.

Tizoc

which version is better WiiU or PS3?

WiiU is slightly better, and from the looks of it, more GAFfers have it on WiiU if u want some online play.

EDIT: Alright PS3GAF, let me know if you're still up for tonight, let's have a session from 9~9:30 PM GMT.

meppi

Really liking the game but I'm rather disappointed how they didn't even bother having the announcer guy record "Mega Drive mod" for the European version and he instead says "Genesis mod" when the screen shows the Mega Drive mod.

It's a bit embarrassing, especially since these guys are from the UK. :-/

Fewr

I was about to point out that the announcer for latam copies has a spanish accent, but uses the name sega genesis, and thought it eas cool to see they did that specific line for latam. Now I see it's for all copies, we are not special.

Anyway, I find this game super hard, considering I don't have much time to play ans practise tracks, but I'm having tons of fun.

Tizoc

Hmm...Retail ver. of Sonic & All-Stars Racing is going for $30 on Amazon...if Digital ver. matches the price or is less will def. get it via PSN.

Skyzard

Banned
I own the 360 version...tempted to double dip ( Vita ). Is it any good? Can't find any reviews :/

Don't buy it unless you are a big sega fan and aren't able to spot (or bothered by) 5-10fps framerate dips or if you play time trial most of the time imo. Graphics are ok. Loading times are very good. Haven't been able to play an online match yet but haven't tried more than 3 times at odd hours. Small bit of popup but mostly fine.

Framerate is the biggest issue. The only mode it's ok and not annoying is time trial. Some tracks are better than others (there is a bit lag even in time trial on some tracks). How much the framerate bothers you will depend on you but it can be -_- A lot of tracks have areas of slowdown. It's the exception when it's running at a locked 30 frames in race mode.

I'm hoping for a proper patch (their 1.01 apparently improved things but clearly not enough).
If it is another modnation I will be pissed.

It's a good game though such a shame about fps.

qq more

Wii U Race is still going on as scheduled. I'll post again here at the time below to get things started.

NNIDs

Do I need to post my NNID? I don't really want to post mines (because I'd probably end up having to add too many people in my friend list). As long as I have you added that should be fine right?

Buying this game was a great idea! Gf loves it! Nnid = malingenie, but don't know when i will be able to do online matches, gf still learning.

Top Bottom