• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

Boogiepop

Okay, these Sprint challenges are seriously starting to drive me nuts. Anyone have any tips for them? I'm doing the Shinobi and Afterburner ones (on expert), and I can't see any better paths than the ones the CPU takes. But I always end up a fraction of a second behind them even if I do it perfectly. Do I just need to pick better characters/mods for the challenge (and if so any recommendations), or are there some better shortcuts that I'm missing?

So I just played it this on Wii U for the first time and I really love it. It's got speed, challenge and variety. It has that "just one more race" thing.
Anyone on the fence, I seriously recommend it.
Found 4 other players to race online. Hope more people join us in this game!

Good games, everyone!

I came so close to winning twice, but when I got near the finish line, Prinny would pop up out nowhere and win. Haha.

One of those also ended up giving me my one and only DNF. :(

Right then, 30 mins til I leave work, I can make it in time for 9 PM GMT, but you guys can start before me if you can~
So far here's the PS3GAFfers who'll be participating:

Me: Tizoc789
OMG Aero: Omega_Aero
Berordn: Quarlton
Coxy: Zieghardt
Nocturnowl:
Seven Force:

Oh yeah, i'm in time for this
Nocturnowl: NocturnOwl

So i'll just lob the old friend request at Tizoc and play the waiting game right?

So I just played it this on Wii U for the first time and I really love it. It's got speed, challenge and variety. It has that "just one more race" thing.
Anyone on the fence, I seriously recommend it.
Found 4 other players to race online. Hope more people join us in this game!

Definitely a very addictive game. I was very hesitant to buy it due to the Sonic attachment, but it was a $40 launch game with positive word of mouth, so I leapt. And I don't regret it. Game is incredibly fun, especially after the latest patch actually made that last fourth of it playable and winnable. I am a little disappointed at a few instances where the frame rate drops to such an extent that it sort of makes it difficult to play, but that happens rarely, and only when most of the racers are on scene at the same time that some environmental change is happening.

Berordn

Sure but i'll make a new lobby soon, would u guys like Diff. at medium or Hard?

My vote is "not S-Rank." I've also not played any of the battle modes at all, so I wouldn't mind switching it up every so often.

I'm getting PSN connection errors now though :X

Berordn

Connection's fine, but this is probably the worst I've ever done!

I should probably stop playing characters I'm not good with!

Berordn

Samba Studios... That was one of the silliest races I've seen in some time~

edit: You just had to keep picking water, huh? An OutRun Bay race would be fun sometime before this is over.

Regarding the water point Berordn I actually I picked flight on lap 2 and water on lap 3, blame Aero for the first water lap.
I was going to pick flight for lap 3 as well since I prefer it (risk boosts everywhere!) but had a change of heart at the last second.

Yep GG everyone, that was much more enjoyable than I expected.
Personal favourite race was in my favourite track of course, Adder's Lair with Aero on my case (and vice versa) for some heated laps.

Though this set of races does raise a few points I feel...
- The online collision stuff is plain crazy, I got blasted into the wrong direction in seasonal shrines and was drifting through lilypads to name one painful bout of ramming.
- The wasps just don't substitute a blue shell well enough most of the times, hello there Samba Studios and Race of Ages! Hell in RoA I was outracing the wasps themselves somehow.
- All Star mode, I and others got this in like second place quite a few times, talk about unbalanced, in fact on seasonal shrines I think there were two going at once, I didn't even know that could happen.
- Losing my first place on the actual finish line of Sky Sanctuary, feels bad man.

But those niggles aside that was a blast, i'm definitely up for more sometime and we need more gaffers to join in!

Tizoc

GGs everyone, it was fun!
...and NOW I get what you guys mean by theonline collision, I mean holy shit, I just TOUCH another vehicle and I get blasted to the other side of the track XD

Berordn

That's all for me for now, but good fun all.

Though this set of races does raise a few points I feel...
- The online collision stuff is plain crazy, I got blasted into the wrong direction in seasonal shrines and was drifting through lilypads to name one painful bout of ramming.
- The wasps just don't substitute a blue shell well enough most of the times, hello there Samba Studios and Race of Ages! Hell in RoA I was outracing the wasps themselves somehow.
- All Star mode, I and others got this in like second place quite a few times, talk about unbalanced, in fact on seasonal shrines I think there were two going at once, I didn't even know that could happen.
- Losing my first place on the actual finish line of Sky Sanctuary, feels bad man.

Yeah, that collision online is absolutely insane. I ended up in reverse on Graveyard Gig... somehow. There's really no good catch-up mechanic either, so there's no real way to recover from it. Still, lotta fun. Hopefully we can get enough people someday to not have to fill in with CPU characters.

The start of Adder's Lair had like everyone jumbled up on the turn before the flight transformation, I got pinballed by crazy collision chaos.

Top Bottom