• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

Smilax

How do you set this configuration up?

I like to play using wiimote and nunchuck with the gamepad as a small tv screen.

Holding the gamepad for long time gets my hands tired.

Alright, when you are on the title screen, push start with the nunchuk combo, and then, on the Gamepad, swipe down on it with the stylus

You should now be able to play with the nunchuk combo and by looking at the gamepad screen.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Sadly, no. You can unlock Eggman and Mii by beating all the GPs, but everyone else is on World Tour.

In time, I'm sure you'll be able to beat all the missions.
Wow what the hecks? I think I can say without hesitation now that this game is worse then its predecessor!

EDIT: One more question: How harder is S rank compared with A rank? (world tour missions)
Theres an S rank difficulty?? Who was this game aimed at again?? Sumo musta been under some bizarre influence when making this...

The character unlocks should be better. I wouldn't mind it so much but I already got decently far in the 360 version and I don't want to do it again.

Smilax

Wow what the hecks? I think I can say without hesitation now that this game is worse then its predecessor!

Theres an S rank difficulty?? Who was this game aimed at again?? Sumo musta been under some bizarre influence when making this...

It's still pretty fun, I mean, yes it's worse at unlocking characters, but the game itself is pretty good.

You know, I said the same thing when I was playing the game. They must have been aiming for the Hardcore audience.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME

Pun intended?

Nyx

It's still pretty fun, I mean, yes it's worse at unlocking characters, but the game itself is pretty good.

You know, I said the same thing when I was playing the game. They must have been aiming for the Hardcore audience.

Purely gameplay-wise I think this version blows the previous one away...

So much fun...!

ajim

Just picked this game up alongside a Wii U and Nintendo Land.

A couple of quesitons:

1) Is the game supposed to be a little bit jaggy and a little washed out looking? Nintendo Land looks fine, but this game doesn't. Is it my tv?

2) What are some general tips. I think I've got the powersliding down pat (very similar to Mario Karts). But are there things you can do like in MK when doing jumps and performing tricks for extra boosts? And how do you get the speedboost at the start of the race?

Any other tips?

Kokonoe

Banned
Just picked this game up alongside a Wii U and Nintendo Land.

A couple of quesitons:

1) Is the game supposed to be a little bit jaggy and a little washed out looking? Nintendo Land looks fine, but this game doesn't. Is it my tv?

It's the game, it also does on the Game Pad for some reason. Perhaps the game is running at a lower resolution than 720p, not sure.

Nyx

2) What are some general tips. I think I've got the powersliding down pat (very similar to Mario Karts). But are there things you can do like in MK when doing jumps and performing tricks for extra boosts? And how do you get the speedboost at the start of the race?

You can use your right stick to do barrel-rolls and such while in the air for extra boost.
And the powerstart is done by pressing your accelerate button on 3, 2, 1 and go.

Shaneus

So, going by the last page... not even a bloody release date for the PC version?

Christ on a bike, this is fucking ridiculous.

Fewr

Powerstart is done in 1-3 steps. You have to press the accelerate button when the screen goes dark as the announcer shouts ready, 3, 2

Powersliding can be done in one direction, then you let go the brake button for an instant, change direction then press it again to keep your powerslide in the opposite direction. This is used when you get a set of very tight turns and you don't want to use/lose the boost until after them.

When transforming to car or boat you can do one or several tricks to get a transformation boost.

EDIT: Another trick I learned here:
When the turns are super ultra tight, as you are powersliding start tapping the accelerate button and you could even consider letting go for a short while in order to avoid crashing against the wall. This has helped me in several situations, although at first I had a bit of trouble coordinating my fingers lol.

Try different characters all the time, so that you get to know which to use in a particular event. I use sonic for speed events, tails for events with lots of turns, amigo for traffic attacks and danica as a well balanced chraracter.

Last kart game I played was MK Wii, I remember I got super angry at it (and even left the game) because when unlocking I had to complete sets of races for which the outcome relied very heavily on luck. It is a long and hard process, but at least unlocking in this game in general is much more about skill than luck.

Ugh, these S-class races are so unfair. Unless you get lucky and obtain an All-Star power up, it's pretty much impossible to win any race, bar the versus events.

I had this pre-ordered for 30 bucks off of Newegg and canceled due to money concerns. I then played the demo and was mad as heck that I had to cancel it.lol Now I've got to wait to see if my brother got me the game for Christmas. If not, I'm driving out and buying a copy ASAP.

Anyone with any impressions of the Vita version. Mainly
- frame rate
- Online (is it popular?)
- amount of single player content?

Any thoughts on it would be great thanks.

Tizoc

Oops just remembered I may be going to the cinema to watch The Hobbit this Thursday...will see if I can manage a few hours of PS3 online by 9 PM GMT @_@

Don't buy it unless you are a big sega fan and aren't able to spot (or bothered by) 5-10fps framerate dips or if you play time trial most of the time imo. Graphics are ok. Loading times are very good. Haven't been able to play an online match yet but haven't tried more than 3 times at odd hours. Small bit of popup but mostly fine.

Framerate is the biggest issue. The only mode it's ok and not annoying is time trial. Some tracks are better than others (there is a bit lag even in time trial on some tracks). How much the framerate bothers you will depend on you but it can be -_- A lot of tracks have areas of slowdown. It's the exception when it's running at a locked 30 frames in race mode.

I'm hoping for a proper patch (their 1.01 apparently improved things but clearly not enough).
If it is another modnation I will be pissed.

It's a good game though such a shame about fps.

Thanks!

Still don't know what to buy :/

Vital: I can take the game everywhere
WiiU: I just love the Gamepad

Smilax

Awesome. Will hop on. How do I join?

Alright, first, give me a sec, cuz I have to put the game in. :p I was playing some Nintendo Land since no one on my friends list was online.

All you have to do is go to the game, and press minus on the menu, that should bring up a menu of all your friends, then you look for my name and push a. That will let you join.

Zomba13

It seems like you are still having trouble connecting...

Does anyone else want to host it?

Yeah I tried joining after a console reset and it worked but as soon as you guys finished the race it dropped me and I couldn't get back in.
Gone back to some ZombiU for now.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
I am shocked with how much I'm liking this game, but am having so many problems with the Online.
Never see anybody playing, and get dropped within the first lap of every game I actually get in to.

how do I play with you guys?

Top Bottom