• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

OMG Aero

Regarding the water point Berordn I actually I picked flight on lap 2 and water on lap 3, blame Aero for the first water lap.
Wait what?
The online collision stuff is plain crazy, I got blasted into the wrong direction in seasonal shrines and was drifting through lilypads to name one painful bout of ramming.
The collision with other cars was fucked up. There were so many times when someone would scrape against me then all of a sudden I would shoot off to the side and straight into the wall, and since Gillius has terrible acceleration I would lose like 5 positions before I even get started again.

Wait what?

In race of ages the branch you take at the end of the first section determines if you go in the boat or plane, if i'm not mistaken you were leading for that section of lap 1 and took the right.

Also on one point of acceleration when I use Eggman so I feel your pain.

test_account

XP-39C²
I got the Vita version today. The game runs pretty good i must say. This is also the first western Vita game i've seen that comes with a manual (eventhough that the manual is like 6 pages long).

Decided to download the Wii U version today. Can I play in just off screen mode with the GamePad? I can't figure out how to toggle off the course map.

EulaCapra

What's past Ages in World Tour mode that requires like 180 and 200 stars? I'm happy just surviving to get 165 and all the characters, but curious.

Boogiepop

God, just spent a while trying to do S rank for the Panzer Dragoon traffic attack, and I'm getting SOOOO close. Mostly I just need to not screw up stupidly by, like, knocking out a +time car or narrowly missing a super glove pick-up (why aren't the item boxes a LITTLE more lenient in what counts as a hit?!) My big question is... is the checkpoint that goes from 7 left to 6 left SUPPOSED to give you zero time? That's been what's turned the whole challenge from hard to near impossible, and it seems kind of off.

Dr Prob

Banned
Any news regarding future DLC? I heard they SUMO were doing a voting?

I'm more interested in knowing if there's a fix in the works for the online troubles.

It's (legitimately, no jokes) awesome that S0L has been around and I'm sure that whatever went on with the WiiU was taxing, but who gives a shit about which DLC characters will be playable in the future when the online portion of the game doesn't work? People (myself included) really like the game, but there's a window of goodwill in play here.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'm more interested in knowing if there's a fix in the works for the online troubles.

It's (legitimately, no jokes) awesome that S0L has been around and I'm sure that whatever went on with the WiiU was taxing, but who gives a shit about which DLC characters will be playable in the future when the online portion of the game doesn't work? People (myself included) really like the game, but there's a window of goodwill in play here.
I'd like Lucky Dip to be dropped and a simple random option be given instead. Let me rotate through the battle and race play lists to find the quickest match.

And move random to the first slot.

Any news regarding future DLC? I heard they SUMO were doing a voting?

I don't think we will get any tbh, there is still 2-3 characters locked away in the game files and by january the sales might not be up there along with a solid player base, also if the assets need to be made and tested from near scratch to get new characters and tracks in, it might be too late for a worthwhile money return.

I would say that this far into a console life there is way too much competition from other games of all genres to keep enough players online in one title for long enough, compared to a new release next gen where it should be better for the first year or so.

I just don't see it happening no matter how kind SOL has been with poles.

Tizoc

PS3GAF, I'll be free on Thursday evening for some games if you're all interested =) I'll be free from 5 PM GMT onwards~

Boogiepop

Yeah, my Panzer Dragoon Traffic Attack is definitely broken (WiiU version). Both the checkpoint that changes from 7 left to 6 left and the +time cars before it don't add any time. MAYBE I could still get it with a perfect run, but it'd probably still be close. Is this a known issue/can anyone confirm whether or not this is just me? Also, is there anywhere good to report known issues? Would be a nice thing to have potentially patched in the future.

Anyway, this has dashed my hopes of getting
the last AGES mod
. Though at least I've managed to unlock AGES. Anything else useful past that 200 gate, or is it just 2 more challenges or w/e? Either way, I think I'll take a break from World Tour mode for a while.

Smilax

Yeah, my Panzer Dragoon Traffic Attack is definitely broken (WiiU version). Both the checkpoint that changes from 7 left to 6 left and the +time cars before it don't add any time. MAYBE I could still get it with a perfect run, but it'd probably still be close. Is this a known issue/can anyone confirm whether or not this is just me? Also, is there anywhere good to report known issues? Would be a nice thing to have potentially patched in the future.

Anyway, this has dashed my hopes of getting
the last AGES mod
. Though at least I've managed to unlock AGES. Anything else useful past that 200 gate, or is it just 2 more challenges or w/e? Either way, I think I'll take a break from World Tour mode for a while.

Oh yeah, they don't add time, in fact, they lower the time. That's what It did for me anyways. It's still beatable, I know that much, just have to be careful. I would be at 10 seconds and when I hit it, it drops me down to 7 or 6. Try to get all the bonus time cars, they help a lot. Use someone with good acceleration or handling.

Smilax

Sorry for the double post.

Hello fellow Wii U racers, if any of you guys feel like racing now, I can host a room!

Just send me an invite, or give me your NNID so I can add you.

My NNID is Smilax

I was gonna play online for a while, but a good friend of mine wants to play Fighting Vipers on the PS3 with me right now, so it'll have to wait. I'll be on later today for sure, though! Probably in, like...two hours or so, I guess.

For those that haven't yet, though, you can add me. NNID: ZXRockmanZX

I can't notice any differences in appearance or anything but at least the online for the Wii U version works good. I was worried it might not but I'm glad it does work!

Kokonoe

Banned
By the way, that CPU that beat us (GAF full party Wii U meet up) in battle race the other day was a medium CPU.

And people said this game wasn't hard.

Dammit, did I just kill that lobby?
Yeah, for some reason I couldn't catch up to him, also, Stop following me, it's scary. It's like you have a weapon ready to shoot at me or something.
Just be glad that the game has no equivalent of the racoon tail item from MK7, trust me.

Top Bottom