• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

Smilax

Yeah, I'm done for now.

I would like to thank everyone for the great games!

Special thanks to Saint Gregory for hosting, and for Prinny for being evil on the racecourse. :p

Prinny

It seems to work fine as long as I don't move at all. Opening the internet browser while in the lobby = disconnect.

Oh and... I'm sorry Greg! :)

Ah one more week til the Vita release here in the US. Can't wait to finally pick it up. What's the size of the EU digital download? Guessing the US would be around the same?

Tizoc

Speaking of turns, in the AfterBurner stage
what's the easiest way to land the shortcut at the end of that stage? I end up hitting the boxes there ugh

Smilax

Speaking of turns, in the AfterBurner stage
what's the easiest way to land the shortcut at the end of that stage? I end up hitting the boxes there ugh

Usually when I do that turn or any hard drift, I tap the acceleration button and turn. It helps me tune my turn... I guess lol, or if I have a Glove Item, touch one box and be invincible for a second or so lol.

ajim

I don't know what it is - but I really feel like I'm having some colour/visual issues with this game. The colours just seem flat, not super accurate and just not what I'd expect. The resolution my TV/WII U are at is 1080p. I've tried playing around with the gamma in the settings, doesn't alter it too much and the colour settings on my tv.

Any tips? (I'm also not a HD pro)

Kokonoe

Banned
How is the splitscreen in this game?

S0L

PS3 is native 720P. X360 and Wii U run with a slightly reduced resolution which is then upscaled to 720p. It's certainly way higher than 480p no matter how you look at it. we do reduce the level of detail and pull back some visual effects in splitscreen, but then we're rendering four (or 5!) viewports at once.

Bear in mind your TV will have far more impact on the visuals than the actual resolution, if you have any form of image processing going on (ala noise reduction, MPEG Deblocking, colour warmth and more) this can adversely affect how it looks. You've all checked you're in game mode right?

I guess this confirms PS3 definitive version until PC master race? Haha.

Kokonoe

Banned
What does that even mean? =P

I was more or less showing you a post S0L (Sumo Digital dood) what happens when splitscreen occurs. Graphics take a slight hit, but it works. Well, mostly under four players I believe.

FPS doesn't drop(besides from what the game does already), and it's fun, yes.

qq more

I hope we hear some news about DLC soon, I could use some more tracks. Some tracks could use some tweaking too.

If they add levels from pre-Dreamcast Sonic games it better not be the ones that were used in Generations (Green Hill and Chemical Plant). I'd love to see more classic Sonic levels done in beautiful 3D!

Although I would be okay with no new Sonic levels, there's like 5 of them already.

I don't know what it is - but I really feel like I'm having some colour/visual issues with this game. The colours just seem flat, not super accurate and just not what I'd expect. The resolution my TV/WII U are at is 1080p. I've tried playing around with the gamma in the settings, doesn't alter it too much and the colour settings on my tv.

Any tips? (I'm also not a HD pro)

I think the Wii U only supports "limited-range RGB" at the moment (at least, according to Digital Foundry), which means that colors might look washed out on TV's that don't properly support it.

It looks great on mine, though, and not really any different from the full RGB of the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on it. I guess my TV supports limited range RGB. I'm sure they'll patch in full range RGB later on. I believe the Xbox 360 and/or PlayStation 3 had the same problem years ago, which was fixed by a patch.

I think the Wii U only supports "limited-range RGB" at the moment (at least, according to Digital Foundry), which means that colors might look washed out on TV's that don't properly support it.

It looks great on mine, though, and not really any different from the full RGB of the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on it. I guess my TV supports limited range RGB. I'm sure they'll patch in full range RGB later on. I believe the Xbox 360 and/or PlayStation 3 had the same problem years ago, which was fixed by a patch.

Limited RGB is the way to go. You should never go for full range RGB. It'll crush your black colors.

blitz64

This game seems too hard, I'm playing the Wii U version. I'm playing the very first track in the game 'costal cruise'. I can beat easy and medium. I can't beat hard. Do I first need to get A rank license to compete? I'm currently at B license.

Mario Kart 150cc wasn't this hard on the very first few tracks.

Smilax

This game seems too hard, I'm playing the Wii U version. I'm playing the very first track in the game 'costal cruise'. I can beat easy and medium. I can't beat hard. Do I first need to get A rank license to compete? I'm currently at B license.

Nah, you don't need an A license to compete. Your license goes up a rank when you unlock more stuff and finish more GPs.

I just recommend trying out the stages and learning where you can do boosts, where the shortcuts are, where the super pick ups, and where you should drift and not drift.

It just takes time, you'll be able to do! :D

Mario Kart 150cc in any iteration was simple compared to this!

Smilax

Yep, I finally found out what has been causing all the hard locks for me. It's playing local Multiplayer with someone. If someone using either the Game Pad or Splitscreen with me, and we are about to go through a stage transition [Nights, Monkey Ball Stage] it just hard locks. I guess all I can do now is avoid those stages when playing with someone.

Edit: NVM, I'll just go on matchmaking

Had a weird thing happen to me. When playing one of the maps the screen just messed up. Like is was in a glitch world or something. Going back to the main menu fixed it but it was weird. WiiU version BTW.

Hmm... Maybe I should change my name to ''Saint Prinny''.
So after all the years of trying to convince you to leave the dark side all it took was the promise of a stable, working WiiU? I just don't know anymore...

I'll try to join you guys online later but I've got to get some time into finishing another game first :)
"Get hit by 10 weapons in a race" I HATE YOU ALL ;_;
You haven't lived until you've unlocked the "get hit by twister 3 times in a race" sticker. Ah, so much joy. :'(

Boogiepop

Wait, what counts as "beating" a GP? I just had a bad run (IE got weirdly flipped backwards near the end of two different races) but still managed to place third overall, and yet the 5th GP remains locked.

Smilax

Wait, what counts as "beating" a GP? I just had a bad run (IE got weirdly flipped backwards near the end of two different races) but still managed to place third overall, and yet the 5th GP remains locked.

I think you have to place first to unlock the next GP

I wouldn't even know how to check if I have limited or full rgb in the first place lol.

How would I?

You can adjust it in the menu of your PS3....I'm Dutch but I guess in an English menu you have to go to settings and screen options. On 360 just choose standard as colorspace.

Some TV-sets are also able to fix any issues with black color. Samsung TV's have a HDMI black-level setting.

ajim

You can adjust it in the menu of your PS3....I'm Dutch but I guess in an English menu you have to go to settings and screen options. On 360 just choose standard as colorspace.

Some TV-sets are also able to fix any issues with black color. Samsung TV's have a HDMI black-level setting.

Oh ok, so its nothing I can play around with on my actual TV? Really frustrating, because the game doesn't look that great on my tv and its distracting, whereas Nintnedo Land looks brilliant!

MaLDo

where is my pc version?

irFqTo9qr8KzI.gif

panda21

so today i noticed when its listing the middleware and stuff when it starts up it mentions godaddy.

sonic and sega's sopa racing?

racerx77

Banned
Man.. that panzer dragoon course makes me long for a new panzer game, which I know we will never see. Come to think of it, that Nights course makes me want a new game too.. sigh.

Volcynika

Did some more unlocking today, made it to the fourth set in the Event mode, but gotta go back and do one more race in the third one. Been having to stick to B ranks for now though D:

Top Bottom