• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

test_account

XP-39C²
How do you get the Spin Dash trophy? It says to do a start boost in each vehicle mode. I understand this as doing a start boost with a car, boat and plane, but nothing happends.

EDIT: Unless it mean using each vechile mod, trying that right now.

EDIT: Nope, that was not it.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
60 FPS does not make Mario Kart 7 look better
Higher frame rate most certainly makes for more eye pleasing results. Not showing in screenshots doesn't mean it doesn't look good. If it looks better than another game is up for debate but to say it has no or little impact on the visual quality is wrong.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
The original Sonic & Sega All-Stars racing came out for PS3, right? Can't seem to find it on Amazon now for some reason.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
I tried online again last night and there were abit more people around on PS3. A couple of 'em had 2nd players(?) with them so that helped pad out the numbers. Still no max 10 people race an nothing for the other two modes.

On another note how does the computer start with what looks like max boost? I can only ever get the level 1 boost starts. Is this artificial difficulty from playing on A/S ranks or am I missing something?

Have to press the accelerator button at the right time at the start of the race...someone can tell you the exact timing. Just remember the computer is a magical expert on the higher difficulties and you need to fight really dirty.

test_account

XP-39C²
On another note how does the computer start with what looks like max boost? I can only ever get the level 1 boost starts. Is this artificial difficulty from playing on A/S ranks or am I missing something?
I use to press the accelerate button two times before the countdown starts and once the "3" starts, then i hold down the acceleration button. It requires timing, so it could be a bit hit and miss. I'm not sure if it is necessary to press the accelerate button two times before the countdown starts.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Higher frame rate most certainly makes for more eye pleasing results. Not showing in screenshots doesn't mean it doesn't look good. If it looks better than another game is up for debate but to say it has no or little impact on the visual quality is wrong.

Let me say it again: 60 FPS does not make Mario Kart 7 look better.

Kokonoe

Banned
I just want to get this game on my PC...

WTF Sega? (It's not port begging if its SUPPOSED to come out, right?)

Don't expect it this year, sadly.

i4b1QEhv1kaVO.png

I own the first one on the 360 and had a good time with it with my daughter. I just played the demo last night for the new one and i loved it! Now I just need to decide if im getting the game for the 360 or WiiU, I dont have a WiiU yet but im hoping I get one for Xmas, if not ill be buying one shortly after.

i loved in the demo how u could change sonic to "handling". that was one thing about the first is there was people i wanted to use but i didnt like there stats or didnt do well with them, now it looks like on this one u have an option to change there kart stats to your play style, really nice!

I own the first one on the 360 and had a good time with it with my daughter. I just played the demo last night for the new one and i loved it! Now I just need to decide if im getting the game for the 360 or WiiU, I dont have a WiiU yet but im hoping I get one for Xmas, if not ill be buying one shortly after.

Id go for the wiiu version. 2 players with your own screen is great, you can also do split screen on the tv I believe. Plus just off pad play in general has made me put 20 hours into this game already.

Id go for the wiiu version. 2 players with your own screen is great, you can also do split screen on the tv I believe. Plus just off pad play in general has made me put 20 hours into this game already.

yeah being able to play local MP and not have to do split screen is making me lean towards this. Also this does seem like the type of game I would play on the pad while someone else is using the TV. I just hope the online is ok for the WiiU, i like to do my MP gaming on the 360 and I know that will continue even after I get a WiiU

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Let me say it again: 60 FPS does not make Mario Kart 7 look better.
It's ok to have that opinion, I already said it's subjective and up for debate in the post you replied to, the site linked had a different opinion and that's ok too. I merely said 60fps not only helps performance but visual quality and gameplay too.

Smilax

Played some online matchmaking on the Wee You.

I think I finally found out why you can't find that many filled rooms. Besides the glitches and the network problems, it seems to be that there is a lot of impatient people. I was playing in a four player room, the race has started, and like 4 or 5 people joined. 5 seconds later, they all leave. I was however lucky enough to find a full room, but then network issue lol.

Smilax

Sorry about the wait, I got stuck in traffic. You can go ahead and make the room, I'll join up.

It's open, I'm expecting another person who I just added. That's three people, and I might be able to get a fourth.

Edit: I added you kitsuneoyo, come on in!

Smilax

I secretly placed an evil Smilax virus on everyone's Wii U. Dun dun dun....

Nah j/k. I'll be trying to connect back in soon.

Kokonoe

Banned
Right when I got All-Star and was in first place too! Well, someone else host. I don't think it's me as my ports are open, but we can check either way. Never had these issues on the 360 version.

NeoRausch

aww, you guys play again? on one hand i want to join. on the other hand....i'am more or less allready sleeping -_-

but add me for tomorrow!

NNID: NeoRausch (Mii: weird)
Favorit Racer(so far): Knuckles, but i think i'm going to change to Ulala if i got her maxed out....i mean....Space Channel 5!

worst enemy: smilax! ;) i hate seeing his exhaust!

Top Bottom