• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Finally received my Vita version. I'm going to try to unlock Amigo as quickly as I can, and then hop online. PSN ID in quote email tag.

Finally got Ages last night. Love this game!

Any follow-ups on Alex Kidd for Christmas? I remember when the game came out someone datamined or whatever and found him along with the Dec25 date.

Smilax

Finally got Ages last night. Love this game!

Any follow-ups on Alex Kidd for Christmas? I remember when the game came out someone datamined or whatever and found him along with the Dec25 date.

That's real. I've seen people use him online already. :p Buggers couldn't wait I guess lol.

Berordn

Nothing else to say, really. He acts like a DLC character and has all his mods from the start, besides that he's free to use past December 25th.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I've played the PS3 version for a couple hours around launch and loved it (probably should go back to it) but the Vita version....

Every time I launch it I get giddy. It looks great, and I actually like the Vita's sticks more than the PS3's for handling. I will be getting a trigger grip addon so I can drift better though.

y5GId.jpg
cmXVV.jpg
8t3vD.jpg
DtIn7.jpg
QP8DM.jpg
D48gX.jpg
3xdN5.jpg
oNvRb.jpg

Het_Nkik

Just looking at pics (don't own a Vita), I sort of like the look of it more than the console versions. The texture quality isn't as high and poly count is lower and things like leaves and such don't look great, but the image is damn sharp and clean. The console versions all look a little blurry or muddy or dirty or whatever you want to call it. Vita version doesn't have that problem.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Just looking at pics (don't own a Vita), I sort of like the look of it more than the console versions. The texture quality isn't as high and poly count is lower and things like leaves and such don't look great, but the image is damn sharp and clean. The console versions all look a little blurry or muddy or dirty or whatever you want to call it. Vita version doesn't have that problem.
There's no motion blur whatsoever, which I consider a Godsend. Plus, it's native 960x544, so yes - it's incredibly crisp. Samba De Amigo levels pop to the point your eyes bleed. It's fantastic.

I can actually agree with this. I mean, isn't the PS3 version native 720p? Still dissapointingly blurry though

Anyway, my Vita copy should be arriving this week

Kokonoe

Banned

Yeah, I like the looks of the Vita version more too. It looks a lot like the first game due to the colors and not having that dark shading or whatever is on the console versions, I dislike that.

NeoRausch

i'm still baffeld that the wiiu version looks so great but if you pull it on the screen it suddenly it looks all smeary.
don't get me wrong, it still looks good and i love to play it on the pad but still. other games, like nintendoland survive the transition waaay better.

Kokonoe

Banned
i'm still baffeld that the wiiu version looks so great but if you pull it on the screen it suddenly it looks all smeary.
don't get me wrong, it still looks good and i love to play it on the pad but still. other games, like nintendoland survive the transition waaay better.

I think it's safe to say the Wii U version was rushed as it is the buggiest version of the game. NSMBU and other games do indeed look a ton better on the Game Pad than Sonic Racing, and I can only assume the lack of any form of touchscreen interface controls on the Game Pad is just another sign it was rushed. Maybe perhaps since the game doesn't outright tell you to use the Game Pad for off-screen play, they did that so it'd be less obvious for you to take a look and see the lowered image quality. Doesn't help that the Wii U version runs at a lower resolution already than the PS3.

NeoRausch

I think it's safe to say the Wii U version was rushed as it is the buggiest version of the game. NSMBU and other games do indeed look a ton better on the Game Pad than Sonic Racing, and I can only assume the lack of any form of touchscreen interface controls on the Game Pad is just another sign it was rushed. Maybe perhaps since the game doesn't outright tell you to use the Game Pad for off-screen play, they did that so it'd be less obvious for you to take a look and see the lowered image quality. Doesn't help that the Wii U version runs at a lower resolution already than the PS3.

i wonder if they will even borther to do a special wiiu patch to fix some of this stuff and optimize the engine.
i mean, it's doable but afford would be needed.

Skyzard

Banned
Actually had some fun yesterday with online matches on the vita version, but changing my tune a bit despite frame rate issues. Not that I'm not hoping for a patch but I am definitely enjoying it in its current state and it is a packed port. Online is implemented very well as well.

test_account

XP-39C²
Got the platinum trophy today =) I have to admit that i took advantage of the glitched Yokozuna trophy (where the trophy activates when beating the expert ghost data on one specific level, instead of beating all expert ghost data on all levels), but i might try to beat all expert ghost data regardless.

jSXDDmJaK282o.jpg

On another note how does the computer start with what looks like max boost? I can only ever get the level 1 boost starts. Is this artificial difficulty from playing on A/S ranks or am I missing something?
Maybe you already found this out, but i'm quoting this again since i figured it out out now. You have to press and hold the acceleration button on the countdown "3", then press it again when it says "2", and one last time at "1". This way you build up the boost. This is how one get the Spin Dash trophy as well, doing this process in all vechile modes (car, boat and plane).

Played the PS3 version today ( rent ). I own the 360, PS Vita and Wii U version.
The 360 version looks better than the PS3 and Wii U version and ( maybe I'm too sensitive for framerates ) has a better framerate too. I'm flabbergasted that the Wii U gamepad screen looks so blurry. The Vita version looks so much better, it's not even funny. Overall, I'm enjoying the Vita version and 360 version the most.

Bgamer90

Banned
Decided today this is my favourite kart racer ever. Better than Diddy Kong Racing, Crash Team Racing, Mario Karts, etc etc.

The underrated game of the year.

Yeah this game is definitely in my top 10 for this year.

Doing the expert GPs now. Hard but very fun. Doesn't feel cheap/unbalanced at all.

No kart racers will ever beat Super Mario Kart for me but this game is definitely in the top 3 for kart racers of all time imo. Much better than any of the recent Mario Karts.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Decided today this is my favourite kart racer ever. Better than Diddy Kong Racing, Crash Team Racing, Mario Karts, etc etc.

The underrated game of the year.
I'm in the same boat. It's mechanics and weapons are as good or better than any other kart racer, but the cast, music and tracks propel the game so far ahead. I have a two hour train ride tomorrow, and I'm happy.

I downloaded this tonight on WiiU and so far I'm having a blast with it.

Feel free to add me for some leaderboard competition and online play - NNID is AkimbO_LUC

First I have to practice and unlock some more mods though. I tried matchmaking and got completely destroyed lol.

Top Bottom