• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

ajim

Finally unlocked S class! This shit is going to be haaaard. There was only 1 Hard star race I couldn't complete, it was a traffic event. So frustrating.

Skyzard

Banned
Having a short period of wifi, here's the PlayStation support site for PSN port forwarding: http://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3825/~/ps-vita-port-numbers and portforward's tutorials (find your router) http://portforward.com/routers.htm

Some fun adventures in tech support last night (weird NAT problems at the end there closed down party chat). But when we did get races in, it was great.

Haha, nice. I've set DMZ on my Vita now, don't want to risk having to wait through that again, was messing up for me too with some of those ports open. Up for it again whenever though.

Also, try turning down the in-game "voice" volume for this game guys, pretty funny.

Fewr

I just reached 180 stars. I searched how to get the last unlockable character's console mod, and stumbled upon this:

Getting AGES isn't the most annoying bit. You need 180 stars to get the penultimate console mod (I think it was Arcade? Might have been VIP though), 200 stars to open up the last two races, and beyond those? All 232 stars to unlock AGES' final mod.

WHAT?!

Sigh, I think I'll focus on multiplayer from now on, at least until I find a guide telling me what characters I should use in the events (esp. traffic attack).

EDIT: Any advice for beating
AGES
in the sprint event at the burning rangers track? The closest I could get was 3 seconds using Danica Patrick.

Smilax

I just reached 180 stars. I searched how to get the last unlockable character's console mod, and stumbled upon this:

Getting AGES isn't the most annoying bit. You need 180 stars to get the penultimate console mod (I think it was Arcade? Might have been VIP though), 200 stars to open up the last two races, and beyond those? All 232 stars to unlock AGES' final mod.

WHAT?!

Sigh, I think I'll focus on multiplayer from now on, at least until I find a guide telling me what characters I should use in the events (esp. traffic attack).

EDIT: Any advice for beating
AGES
in the sprint event at the burning rangers track? The closest I could get was 3 seconds using Danica Patrick.

For Traffic Attack, try using Gum or Joe with the Acceleration Mod or Handling Mod. For the Sprint Event, I used Gum with Acceleration.

Smilax

Excellent, thanks. I'll give it a go this week.

Also for sprint, on the first lap, don't use your boost, keep it, while on the first lap, learn all the turns and stuff, to avoid mistakes. When you are close to the finish line, use the boost, you should be able to get a head start and have another boost in your item box.

Mistle

So are all these crazy and almost impossible missions required to unlock characters/levels? Or can I unlock most everything just by going through on normal difficulties?

Smilax

So are all these crazy and almost impossible missions required to unlock characters/levels? Or can I unlock most everything just by going through on normal difficulties?

You can unlock all the characters by doing only Hard I believe. To unlock the rest, you are going to need to do S rank missions.

Eggman and Mii are unlocked by doing all GPs

FaithRaven

Neo Member
Hmm I am the only one who hates flight mode ? I think this game would be a lot better without airplane/boat modes ...

And seriously what's up with the low FPS in menus ? (WiiU version)

Skyzard

Banned
Nope, I LOVE it

Same here, I'm having a lot of fun with it - it reminds me of skydrift, but with tricks!

Some of those sharp turns can be quite hard (rings mode) - I find myself having to let go of gas early to make it in time. And also occasionally when there is a tight space coming up it's a bit hard to position yourself but I imagine it just needs some practice.

qq more

Hmm I am the only one who hates flight mode ? I think this game would be a lot better without airplane/boat modes ...

Flight takes a while to get used to, it's fun when you get the hang of it. What's wrong with boat mode? It's almost as easy to control as the regular vehicles.

Eric C

I go back and forth whether I want this on the Wii U with gamepad support or on the PC.

Well I was trying to wait for the PC release, but I download the Wii U demo and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Although, I think the flight controls should have somesort of hybrid motion control option. You'd still control left and right movement with the analog stick, but you'd control elevation with the gyros. It would've been a neat option at least.

Does this game use analog triggers on the 360 and PS3? How does that affect gameplay compared to the Wii U's digital triggers?

D-X

ok I seem to have a bug on my 360 version concerning unlocking of tracks in grand prix mode and time attack. I've completed the main campaign with all 232 stars and all 4 grand prix tracks that are unlocked, however the final grand prix remains unlocked. the main campaign has a little plus 9 on the navigation indicating 9 new things to get, yet I've competed the entire thing. can anyone shed any light on this?

The local co-op for the career is the real genius of this game. Going through the events with my missus is what has elevated the game from really good to great for me.

She's happy to play on the WiiU gamepad screen, also, so it's really nice to have all of that real estate on my TV with her still playing.

Smilax

The local co-op for the career is the real genius of this game. Going through the events with my missus is what has elevated the game from really good to great for me.

She's happy to play on the WiiU gamepad screen, also, so it's really nice to have all of that real estate on my TV with her still playing.

CO-OP makes the game so much funnier and possibly even easier. Don't forget to swap items among each other. :p

B-Dex

I was gonna join you today Wii U bretheren but Nintendo is having issues with eShop cards so I can't add funds :(.

Guess i'll settle for my ps3 copy for now......

CO-OP makes the game so much funnier and possibly even easier. Don't forget to swap items among each other. :p

Yeah I've been winning a LOT more on hard since she started playing. I think she's causing enough chaos behind me that I can get a good lead :D

This game is basically Diddy Kong Racing 2, minus the great hub world, with the best bits of Project Gotham Racing thrown in for good measure. I keep falling more and more in love.

Smilax

Yeah I've been winning a LOT more on hard since she started playing. I think she's causing enough chaos behind me that I can get a good lead :D

This game is basically Diddy Kong Racing 2, minus the great hub world, with the best bits of Project Gotham Racing thrown in for good measure. I keep falling more and more in love.

What I liked about Co-op was playing it on World Tour, if there is an event I can't do, my brother can probably do it. Making it easier on everyone lol

Shaneus

"Happy Holidays! Alex Kidd is now playable!"

Yeah Alex Kidd can be officially used now. Gonna try him out now.
Fantastic! Oh, wait... IT'S NOT ON FUCKING PC YET. Where the hell is the date?

Don't announce there's going to be a version of it on a platform and not announce a date. Too frustrating.

Rlan

Interesting that Alex Kidd has gotten a bit of a redesign once again. Not as big as his Tennis to Racing change, but they've made his yellow bits red, made his belt sit on the outside, and gave him white gloves:

487px-Alex-Kidd-1.png
AlexKidd.jpg

Maybe they were trying to Christmas-ify him for the Christmas present?

Either way, it's closer to Miracle World Alex Kidd than the others, which were closer to Enchanted Castle:

ajim

Nope! I love it. I really enjoy each of the individual modes. The game really gives me a modern-day Diddy Kong Racing vibe minus the exploration in the overworld!

Game is ridiculous hard, yet rewarding!

ajim

Boom! Unlocked
Ages
which is a pretty awesome unlockable character, and have 180 stars and am on the road to completing the S ranks!

Hurry up and get that Ryo DLC up Sumo!

Hopefully!

Playing with my girlfriend in this game brings backs memories of co-oping Diddy Kong Racing with my brother. Can't overstate how much it adds to the game.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
It's pretty good on WiiU. Impressive how you can have 2 players, one using the tv and the other one using the gamepad.

lol, he's unlocked forever dude.

...and why is Alex leveling up even though he has all his mods unlocked >_>;

Lol, I noticed this as well and found it a little odd.

Quick question about the All-Star rating. What's the significance of the ratings for each character when that power up seems to make all the characters fast and invincible for a short period of time? Is it the higher the rating (for your character) the longer the duration for the All-Star power up? This is my first Sonic kart racer so my apologizes for sounding newbish.

Lol, I noticed this as well and found it a little odd.

Quick question about the All-Star rating. What's the significance of the ratings for each character when that power up seems to make all the characters fast and invincible for a short period of time? Is it the higher the rating (for your character) the longer the duration for the All-Star power up? This is my first Sonic kart racer so my apologizes for sounding newbish.

I think it's just how useful their all star power is, some will shoot homing projectiles, some will only do close range hits, they all feel like the same speed to me when used.

NeoRausch

I think it's just how useful their all star power is, some will shoot homing projectiles, some will only do close range hits, they all feel like the same speed to me when used.
wait wait wait... you get some weapon too ? I thought it was only speed boost and invincibility...

Smilax

Huh, actually, I always believed that the bar meant how common it is to get an all-star. The full bar meaning a lot, and a small bar meaning less likely. Now I have no idea what it means lol.

luffeN

Huh, actually, I always believed that the bar meant how common it is to get an all-star. The full bar meaning a lot, and a small bar meaning less likely. Now I have no idea what it means lol.

That's what I thought too!
wait wait wait... you get some weapon too ? I thought it was only speed boost and invincibility...
Yeah, if you press the item button again while in all star mode, you can shoot or do something.

Smilax

Kidd is rather fun to race as, shame he is fully leveled up already like metal sonic though, would have been more fun to level him.

lol, he's unlocked forever dude.

...and why is Alex leveling up even though he has all his mods unlocked >_>;

Wii U Version reporting in. Alex Kidd is not fully leveled up, currently leveling him up. Also find his vehicle boring... still a fun character and interesting all star move.

Top Bottom