• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

Smilax

Five tornados... FIVE! In a single race... Stop it please Smilax!

Edit: I hadn't played since Christmas, it was the first time I tried him.

I only recall hitting you with a drone. I'll tell my brother to stop I guess... lol

Ahh ok. Gotcha.

Edit: Hardlock, will reopen the room soon

SykoTech

Good grief, some of these missions on Extreme are ridiculous. Especially the Traffic ones. Tven the hardest missions/AI in the first game were quite managable after a try or two, but that doesn't seem to be the cas here.

Tizoc

Woops totally forgot about hosting a game for the PS3 gang, sorry about that.

Anyways I have the game for Vita, my Vita account is: Todoh789, feel free to add me~

NeoRausch

Sorry for the lack of competition there Prinny, I'm getting adjusted using the Game Pad, I was a Nun-Chuck combo user lol. Also, Prinny, do you have all the mods for Alex Kidd or are you leveling him up?

hey smilax, is this game with the pro controller? I want to get at least one anyway but for now almost no games support it.

Smilax

hey smilax, is this game with the pro controller? I want to get at least one anyway but for now almost no games support it.

Nah, it doesn't support it, but it does support the classic controller pro for wii. I was using the Wii U Game Pad to play last night.

Nah, it doesn't support it, but it does support the classic controller pro for wii. I was using the Wii U Game Pad to play last night.
Yes it does, I was mucking around with it trying to see if I could play it with the Wii U Pro, couldn't find a way to switch over from Gamepad to Pro, but when I turned my Pro on it did say I could have 2 people playing in the next race if I wanted.

Smilax

Umm... this does support the pro controller, I use it almost exclusively.

Yes it does, I was mucking around with it trying to see if I could play it with the Wii U Pro, couldn't find a way to switch over from Gamepad to Pro, but when I turned my Pro on it did say I could have 2 people playing in the next race if I wanted.

I guess I stand corrected. Thanks guys! Sorry about that werid. Guess I'll have to pick one up as well.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
It really bothers me that the 3rd-party Sonic game port supports the Pro Controller, but New Super Mario Brothers U doesn't. :/

B-Dex

I'm playing with my pro controller but I don't feel any rumble at all. When I went to the home menu controller settings screen and mash the on button for rumble there I feel a super weak minor nudge from the controller. But in this game I get nothing. :(

Think the controller is borked or just the rumble is that bad?

UPDATE: The rumble implementation in the game must be screwed up for pro controllers. Ninja Gaiden works fine and has plenty of force feedback.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Ya know what I just thought of. Those explodey traffic cone items in the first game. I miss those. Bring 'em back I say!

Oh and speed up the falling off course stuff! Falling off in Graffiti City feels like it takes forever and it really does! By the time you're back on the track its pretty much race over if you were in or near last place >_<;

Billy Hatcher course is prolly my worse enemy even though I dislike the Burning Rangers one greatly more. The turns at the start of and end of the BH course are just super brutal! At the end one I almost always hit the fence and get sent slowwwwwly pushed upwards off the ground then sloooowly sent back down. Another race killer that is!

Billy Hatcher course is prolly my worse enemy even though I dislike the Burning Rangers one greatly more. The turns at the start of and end of the BH course are just super brutal! At the end one I almost always hit the fence and get sent slowwwwwly pushed upwards off the ground then sloooowly sent back down. Another race killer that is!

100% agreed. I don't like Burning Rangers as hitting ANY wall on that narrow track can mess you up. Billy Hatcher feels forgettable to me. Also the last S turns it has, always crash into it. I am learning to let up on the gas though.

Also this game has a problem if you're rubbing up on a wall and then take a jump. The kart goes either CRAZY or the camera does.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
So I started the PS3 version a few days ago. Haven't gone online or anything yet because I don't feel like applying that huge patch right now.

Reposting from another thread:
I still haven't patched ASR:T so I can't go online. But it's so fun! I didn't expect it to be that fun. And it's hard. The other racers' AI are ruthless when they get items. I've already talked about the presentation being fantastic. I love how courses are dynamic enough forcing you to adapt to physics.

And the game is surprisingly bigger than I thought. So, yeah, I'm enjoying it so far. Loving the fanservice.

Anyone have the Vita version? How does that run?
I think the game absolutely beautiful, and the music is awesome. Like I said before in other threads (and maybe this one prior to launch), it's like an anniversary racer. Lots of good fanservice.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Yeah, the fanservice is great. But what's amazing, and telling about SEGA, is that even with everything packed into the game, there's still so much missing. Shining, Wonder Boy, Phantasy Star, Altered Beast, Streets of Rage.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yeah, the fanservice is great. But what's amazing, and telling about SEGA, is that even with everything packed into the game, there's still so much missing. Shining, Wonder Boy, Phantasy Star, Altered Beast, Streets of Rage.
I kind of hope that if they do make another one or make DLC for it, that they'll add more Sega characters. Because this is a good way of showcasing everything Sega has to offer considering the racer is quite competent to play.

Now that I've seen Wreck-It Ralph, he isn't that out of place, but I would've preferred a spot taken up by someone like Danica Patrick was taken by... oh... say... Alis Lansdale, considering it's Phantasy Star's 25th anniversary this year? ;__;

Well after playing this at a friends place the last two days I'm really blown away by this game in a way I didn't expect since I wasn't much of a fan of the first but this one is amazing o.o I now want a copy for myself and I apologize if it has been covered before but are the any notable differences between the PS3 and Vita version?

We also had the most rage inducting bug ever as we played through the career mode with four players and made it in one session from 0 to 92 stars. Then after one race the game suddenly stuttered and went all extreme slow-motion which even affected the XMB and after ten minutes we didn't think much of it and force-shutdown the PS3... well what should I say our save-data was gone after that and we have to redo everything now but the game itself is still amazing aslong as it isn't buggy :p

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Well after playing this at a friends place the last two days I'm really blown away by this game in a way I didn't expect since I wasn't much of a fan of the first but this one is amazing o.o I now want a copy for myself and I apologize if it has been covered before but are the any notable differences between the PS3 and Vita version?
None other than graphics (and this is just personal, but I find it a lot easier to fly on the Vita, maybe my PS3's sticks are too loose). Here are a few pictures I posted earlier.

b7nqv.jpg
8VAbm.jpg
x14Qo.jpg
]
y5GId.jpg
cmXVV.jpg
8t3vD.jpg
DtIn7.jpg
QP8DM.jpg
D48gX.jpg
3xdN5.jpg
oNvRb.jpg

None other than graphics (and this is just personal, but I find it a lot easier to fly on the Vita). Here are a few pictures I posted earlier.

Whoa thanks for the swift reply! :D That does look like a bit of a graphical downgrade but I'm sure I won't mind much on the OLED itself, is the FPS and sense of speed the same too?

Top Bottom