• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Gotta say Alex Kidds design in this games an improvement. I still think his outfit is blah but its staying close to the source material. At least it doesn't look like a Dr. Eggman outfit! He started maxed out for me complete with the star symbol but still gains exp and "unlocks mods" even though they're all available! Strange but no big deal. Maybe his unlocks goes towards your completion percentage?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm going to purchase this tomorrow for the Wii U, but I read there were various issues with the Wii U Version, and that some had been patched, but what's the verdict? Is the Wii U Version acceptable?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Why is everything in this game so good, but the nights character is the shitty Journey of Dreams one, complete with the awful voice? Like that had to have been on purpose to troll, right? That or they want to appeal to ALL those JoD fans...

ajim

Why is everything in this game so good, but the nights character is the shitty Journey of Dreams one, complete with the awful voice? Like that had to have been on purpose to troll, right? That or they want to appeal to ALL those JoD fans...

I think they just had to follow the natural progression from JoD and also because all the other characters have a voice/noise. It's not too bad tho.

I still love playing as NiGHTS and Reala, especially when they go All Star. So. Awesome. The NiGHTS track is also my favourite. Shit is GOOD.

J@hranimo

Banned
Reala is my favorite character in the game. It looks so much cooler as a vehicle than Nights does.

Meemee is a life saver in the traffic attack missions. I feel like she is the Pipsy of this game!

Tizoc

On my Wii-U and PS3 versions he is lvl 1 with no mods.

Odd, then it might be a glitch >_>;
Ah well no worries.

Speaking of NiGHTS and Reala, how do you get their Trophy for completing a race through all the rings? I've done the requirements multiple times but it never unlocks for me.

Berordn

Speaking of NiGHTS and Reala, how do you get their Trophy for completing a race through all the rings? I've done the requirements multiple times but it never unlocks for me.

It's for the specific event in the final tour, in Mirror Dream Valley.

I'm going to purchase this tomorrow for the Wii U, but I read there were various issues with the Wii U Version, and that some had been patched, but what's the verdict? Is the Wii U Version acceptable?

The Wii U version is running great with the latest patch. I took some time to compare it with the PS3 demo and noticed that the latter has occasional screen tearing which is absent on the Wii U. I think online voice chat is the only feature missing.

It's all been fixed.

Off TV play is great. It's also the only version to support 5 player local multi.

Did anybody here double dip, and get both the console and Vita versions? I have it on 360, and I'm wondering if it's worth getting the Vita version too.

What's the difference between them?

Reala is my favorite character in the game. It looks so much cooler as a vehicle than Nights does.

Meemee is a life saver in the traffic attack missions. I feel like she is the Pipsy of this game!

Meemee is a fantastic character for a lot of events, but I find her a little too slow for the Expert Traffic Attack ones. Even though avoiding cars is a lot easier, I'd always run out of time. I ended up using Joe Musashi to beat them.

stewy

I'm loving this game but I'm nowhere near good enough at it to get all the stars. I believe it'll be a struggle just to get to 95 for me. I feel like I'm missing something obvious...

Watch Da Birdie

Really liking the game, but three things:

*How do you switch to off-screen play? I always have the Map on the Wii-U screen and can't figure out how to change it to the actual game.

*How do I get Alex Kidd?

*Do coins do anything beyond the pre-race roulette?

*Finally, I encountered a glitch...and a pretty bad one at that. In the Sonic Colors Stage, on Lap 3 as I was entering that ship, I was hit by a Tornado and the screen WIGGED out...totally turned into a mess of colors and the race came to a halt. The Wii U pad was alright, and I could pause and everything, but the only choice I had was to restart the Grand Prix I was in. Anyone else have this happen?

Really liking the game, but three things:

*How do you switch to off-screen play? I always have the Map on the Wii-U screen and can't figure out how to change it to the actual game.

*How do I get Alex Kidd?

*Do coins do anything beyond the pre-race roulette?

*Finally, I encountered a glitch...and a pretty bad one at that. In the Sonic Colors Stage, on Lap 3 as I was entering that ship, I was hit by a Tornado and the screen WIGGED out...totally turned into a mess of colors and the race came to a halt. The Wii U pad was alright, and I could pause and everything, but the only choice I had was to restart the Grand Prix I was in. Anyone else have this happen?

Swipe down to play on the Wii U pad.

Alex Kidd should have been unlocked for everybody yesterday (Christmas). Have you played since then?

Coins are only used for the pre-race slot machines.

Haven't seen that, but the game does have it's share of glitches. I've had the road in Galactic Parade not materialise, so it's invisible.

guek

Banned
lol i'm an idiot. sorry, haven't read a single post in this thread >_< my bad. i should know better but i have nephews over and they're antsy

Phoenixus

Hey SoL, if you're still keeping an eye on this thread, is there any chance of a soundtrack release? Absolutely love the Golden Axe and Skies of Arcadia remixes but can't find them to buy anywhere. Boo. :(

Awesome game anyways. It's refreshing to play a mascot racer that is actually a challenge; Mario Kart is a cakewalk compared to those S Class races. :D

iavi

I'm loving this game but I'm nowhere near good enough at it to get all the stars. I believe it'll be a struggle just to get to 95 for me. I feel like I'm missing something obvious...

gotta go fast

Basically lol. You have to be proficient enough to almost lap the cpu racer in last place, which is what I've been pushing for. I've found that unless you do, you'll get caught up to, bombarded with items, then rammed into walls at the last second otherwise. The cpu in this game holds no remorse holy fuck. I love it, though. It's been a while since I've felt a racer to be this challenging.

vgamer1

What are the other options for the gamepad? I've noticed touching it while the map is up will randomly follow other racers? And for a while I had a rear view cam down there as well as the map. So confusing...

Tizoc

Gah forgot that the digital Vita ver. only has Metal Sonic and Outrun track for a limited time only if you buy it during this week and the next lol.
Gonna make sure I buy it when I get home today before sleeping @3@.
WHY YOU NO GIVE ME US PSN STORE ON INTERNETZ, SONTY?!

Dammit

After Burner music get's me everytime lol

Yep, probably my favorite cart racer ever

...though, are these techinically even carts?

Is it worth picking up the vita ver. despite the frame rate issues? Are they really that bad and do they effect the game much?

someone just asked this in the Vita thread (was it you?), but yes, it's amazing on Vita. So much more love put into this game that than any Mario Kart I can remember

Watch Da Birdie

Alex Kidd still won't appear on my game. I've tried everything...setting the clock to Dec. 25 (since I got it the 26th), going online to see if that unlocked him, restarting the game etc.

rubber band AI is in this but it's some of the best I have seen minus a few times where an accel class like amy has cruised past my metal sonic without any boost flames like it was nothing, but if you get enough of a lead they mostly can't catch you.

Smilax

Sorry for the lack of competition there Prinny, I'm getting adjusted using the Game Pad, I was a Nun-Chuck combo user lol. Also, Prinny, do you have all the mods for Alex Kidd or are you leveling him up?

Prinny

Five tornados... FIVE! In a single race... Stop it please Smilax!

Edit: I hadn't played since Christmas, it was the first time I tried him.

Top Bottom