• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

Smilax

don't know about glitches but yesterday I've realized that the textures take a REEEAAAL nosedive when using the tablet in multiplayer.
I'm gonna post some pics later on.
Oh yeah, that's common. Even you didn't use the tablet, but are playing Multiplayer, the textures go down a bit. Nothing new there.
Anyone else having issues with the WiiU version not saving the games progress?
I don't recall this issue, I know that each user has it's different save file.

Yesterday I got stuck in a wave during the ages track >.<
I never had any issue there before.
I got stuck in one of the grates in the flying section of ages. It took so long to free myself that I got a DNF. Also, when we were racing on the golden axe track I took the shortcut on the second lap and when I hit the lava I got a message that I'd finished 1st and the race continued on while I sat there watching. When the race results went up it said I was in 10th so at least I didn't feel like I cheated.

There were a lot more glitches yesterday and it was the first time I played since the Alex Kid unlock but I just thought it had something to do with all the network problems I was having.
I made a new avatar just for you Greg :)
Now you have to add a beak on your cat!
Yeah, that's not happening sorry.

Smilax

I got stuck in one of the grates in the flying section of ages. It took so long to free myself that I got a DNF. Also, when we were racing on the golden axe track I took the shortcut on the second lap and when I hit the lava I got a message that I'd finished 1st and the race continued on while I sat there watching. When the race results went up it said I was in 10th so at least I didn't feel like I cheated.

There were a lot more glitches yesterday and it was the first time I played since the Alex Kid unlock but I just thought it had something to do with all the network problems I was having.

Yeah, that's not happening sorry.

To the first part, I started seeing a lot more glitches since the Alex Kidd unlock, it even caused my game to hard lock.

To the second part, Do it.

I need to stop posting here, I've post so much in this thread that I became a member.

NeoRausch

Oh yeah, that's common. Even you didn't use the tablet, but are playing Multiplayer, the textures go down a bit. Nothing new there.

I don't recall this issue, I know that each user has it's different save file.

just did a comparsion (click pics for full size)

standart singleplayer:

multi with gamepad:

THOSE EYES! and just compare the ground textures at the start.

i understand that there needs to be some cutting to get the multiple screens running. but this is even the better version. sometimes you can watch the textures drop down to a messy blurry pulp and pull up again.
maybe they can at least optimize it a bit better...maybe.

Smilax

You should trying playing the game using Vyse in multiplayer. His car looks so bad, and you can see it switch back and forth from good to bad.

Kokonoe

Banned
NBP6K.png

LOL, the peer pressure.

That's a really good job, I've been thinking about setting up a rotation but I still haven't figured out if that's against the ToS like animated avatars.

I'm not joining Prinny's flock though. I'm still holding out hope that Gospel and one of the Bishops will show up so we can join up into the holy trinity against him :p
Have a Wii U room open if anyone is interested in racing at the moment.
I'd join but sadly I'm still at work. My New Year's resolution is no more bills.
haha, that's not happening either

B-Dex

Just unlocked ages in my wii u version woot woot. Now just gotta do all the mirror gps for eggman.

I haven't had any luck getting a matchmaking game is that typical?

Smilax

Just unlocked ages in my wii u version woot woot. Now just gotta do all the mirror gps for eggman.

I haven't had any luck getting a matchmaking game is that typical?

If you can't find one in a minute, push b and then go back in. You should be able to find a room like that

That beak is amazing. I haven't had too many tablet bugs. I can't tell as I usually play off screen anyway so they could just be game related.

A problem that I have with the game itself though, The game does not like it when you go too fast. Nights' water zone, some jumps on some places. That turning around thing. Also when you hit another car or a car hits you? You go FLYING like you're made out of paper. To the point that the game doesn't restart you until you're pretty much falling through the level.

On that note as well, I hate it when you don't fall off but rather slip off and then fall back on the track but it still restarts you.

Just little nitpicky things that really suck when it happens during a race.

boooo network error...I was just getting the hang of that stage again! Next time...

Seems I was the only one booted...alas, I will have revenge!

Is the other path without the axes THAT much better, sheesh. lol

Edit:Let's not pick a slow character on the super straight course.... D: Also I got knocked off 3 times by other karts in that match!

Thanks for the races everyone! :D Good Games!

Mhm. Some really close games today

Edit: I SO HAD THAT PRINNY.... FOR THE SECOND TIME.

Edit2:Of course the 2nd place all-star doesn't work for me!

Edit3: Everything came apart in those last few seconds.

Edit4: Apprently blowfish shooting forward shoot straight at flying targets. I was aiming forward and I hit you above me pretty much.

Prinny

They really shouldn't give all-star when you're 2nd :/

I almost feel bad.

Edit: ...

Edit2: The races are too close, this is getting scary :p

Edit3: I hate that track so much, I have no idea how I won.

Edit4: Noooooooo! I hate you AiAi, you're too slow.

Edit5: Thank you boost escape!

Edit6: Good games!

Bgamer90

Banned
That was a very nice review. That last race you guys had, I still think it's a scam. :p I nominate your brother the winner!

Very good video!

Haha... it was too good of an ending. Typical, movie-like "come from behind". It's what actually happened though. Was surprised that I pulled it off. Knew I had to hold on to the all star as soon as I got it so that I would actually have a chance at beating him by a decent amount.

Thanks for watching.

MikeRox

Loving the Vita port. Not played the PS360-U version yet, but I'm very tempted to buy it based on how the Vita version is. I want to finish that first though.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
92 Stars.

Fuck me though, pretty much all I have left is Hard Stars to unlock, bar a few pain in the ass "Fly-Through the Rings"/"Drift Time Attack" levels where I've yet to obtain Medium. I hate racing games where the characters are super-hard to unlock (Mario Kart Wii, ugggh)...make them easy to unlock and save the extra, bragging-rights features for the hard-mode unlockables.

Any recommendations as to which Character/Mod combo is the best for each World Tour Mission?

Smilax

92 Stars.

Fuck me though, pretty much all I have left is Hard Stars to unlock, bar a few pain in the ass "Fly-Through the Rings"/"Drift Time Attack" levels where I've yet to obtain Medium. I hate racing games where the characters are super-hard to unlock (Mario Kart Wii, ugggh)...make them easy to unlock and save the extra, bragging-rights features for the hard-mode unlockables.

Any recommendations as to which Character/Mod combo is the best for each World Tour Mission?

When I race on C or B rank, I use their console mod or their final mod. When I race on A-S, I use Acceleration mod. As for character, I just use my favorites. It's possible to beat all World Tour Missions with one character.

ajim

92 Stars.

dude, i unlocked every character on my first go. I literally just played through on Hard skipping C and B missions. Made it easier.

I found going from Medium to Hard a world of difference. Sticking to Hard is much better, and when you get to S the jump from A to S is smaller than B to A.

Jut keep chipping away and you'll be fine, the game isn't that difficult when you choose the right character per event, learn the courses and powerslide correctly.

characters i use per specific event typically:
Ring: Tails
Race: Metal Sonic / Sonic
Traffic: MeeMee

and i mix it up for the other events, but i find those the best for those events.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
I need to get back into this but I've lost motivation. I'm at 123 stars ....finding hard to be very difficult to complete. I really want to unlock ages. =(

Top Bottom