• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

SmithnCo

Framerate has been fine for me on Vita, haven't noticed anything that hampered gameplay.

Anyone manage to get that BS Team Sonic trophy yet?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I think the framerate is better, actually (though not perfect). I've noticed drops on Samba Studios, but the game doesn't drop on Burning Rangers the way it does on console.

There's no motion blur, and the speed streaks are a lot less pronounced, so it's a much more clear game.

I do agree it didn't seem right not having a Phantasy Star stage/Character. Even just a stage would of been great.

In other news:
I guess Prinny let me have that first match as a freebie...

I think the framerate is better, actually (though not perfect). I've noticed drops on Samba Studios, but the game doesn't drop on Burning Rangers the way it does on console.

There's no motion blur, and the speed streaks are a lot less pronounced, so it's a much more clear game.

Hmm alright thanks again, I doubt I will mind that but I suppose there is no demo?

I can't take that After Burner shortcut for anything. Always those boxes.

Nah. I got hit. If I hadn't of gotten hit I would of had a chance with the ice I had.

Edit: The game randomly acted like I was 1st place when I went off a jump weird. I'm guessing that kick was related.

Yep, I need to check my router :(

Edit: Yeah, something's definitely wrong with my WiiU. I looked at the router and it's losing connection even though it has a strong signal.

I think I'll try turning it off for a while and see what happens.

Edit Edit: Hey, I never knew that the WiiU stays connected to the internet even when it's off. I knew that the Wii did this but I thought they changed that with this system. heh.

Prinny

Network error. :(

Edit: Can you create the lobby Medley?

10 races without problems then 3 races in a row with errors grrrr.

I'll reset my router if there's another error.

Bees and all-star plus tiny road does NOT WORK.

I guess I'm happy but that stage seems prone to those bugs.

Edit: I didn't even notice Smilax was in front of me until midway in the second lap. I can't even remember if I was ever 1st!

Prinny

Uhh, what happened? Also, sorry about that race, I was AFK.

Danica Patrick has the worse handling on the Console mod.
Medley got hit by a laser near the end of the last lap, I was finally 1st, I laughed and then I completely missed the turn :(

Edit: Who put that blowfish there? I love you!

Boogiepop

Anyone else have their WiiU version get kind of off after Alex Kidd unlocked? Booted it up for a 5-player session and that's the only thing that's changed since last time I did so, and I ran into a lot more glitches. The biggest being that the Nights stage was pretty messed up. For some reason all the parts in the portal area had their lighting messed up, being pretty much pitch black until we turned the contrast up all the way, and even then the color was gone and it was hard to see. And then on top of that the boat area was giving way too much air. Like, I went off the first waterfall and somehow jumped clear over the second segment of it and didn't land till halfway through the third. It was weird, and the Jet Set Radio stage was kind of off too with some of the jumps, as was the Sky Sanctuary one.

Oh, and unless I'm missing something, the WiiU exclusive multiplayer modes seem kind of... not good. Tried them for the first time today, and it felt near impossible to do the Joe Musashi one. It's just hard as hell to hit anybody else, especially when you have no items and seemingly no advantage to speak of. And the Monkey Ball one didn't exactly feel great either.

On the plus side, I now have all the stars from campaign mode! So yay!

Smilax

Anyone else have their WiiU version get kind of off after Alex Kidd unlocked? Booted it up for a 5-player session and that's the only thing that's changed since last time I did so, and I ran into a lot more glitches. The biggest being that the Nights stage was pretty messed up. For some reason all the parts in the portal area had their lighting messed up, being pretty much pitch black until we turned the contrast up all the way, and even then the color was gone and it was hard to see. And then on top of that the boat area was giving way too much air. Like, I went off the first waterfall and somehow jumped clear over the second segment of it and didn't land till halfway through the third. It was weird, and the Jet Set Radio stage was kind of off too with some of the jumps, as was the Sky Sanctuary one.

Oh, and unless I'm missing something, the WiiU exclusive multiplayer modes seem kind of... not good. Tried them for the first time today, and it felt near impossible to do the Joe Musashi one. It's just hard as hell to hit anybody else, especially when you have no items and seemingly no advantage to speak of. And the Monkey Ball one didn't exactly feel great either.

On the plus side, I now have all the stars from campaign mode! So yay!

That's interesting, I think I'll have to try out the Night Stage and see if I run into those glitches along with the other stages you were talking about. Another thing, what where you using as a controller? The Tablet? Wii-mote? Also, congrats on getting all the stars, you should join us for some online races sometime. :p

Boogiepop

That's interesting, I think I'll have to try out the Night Stage and see if I run into those glitches along with the other stages you were talking about. Another thing, what where you using as a controller? The Tablet? Wii-mote? Also, congrats on getting all the stars, you should join us for some online races sometime. :p

Tablet personally, with everyone else using Wii-mote+Nunchuck. And yeah, I'll definitely have to get in on some online races at some point.

Smilax

Tablet personally, with everyone else using Wii-mote+Nunchuck. And yeah, I'll definitely have to get in on some online races at some point.

Alright, it seems like using the tablet with the game causes glitches, for example, when I use the tablet in multiplayer with my brother, if I play the NIGHTs Stage, the Super Monkey Ball Stage, or the Race of AGES online, it hard locks on me. However, on solo, it's fine.

Add me Boogiepop! NNID:Smilax

NeoRausch

Alright, it seems like using the tablet with the game causes glitches, for example, when I use the tablet in multiplayer with my brother, if I play the NIGHTs Stage, the Super Monkey Ball Stage, or the Race of AGES online, it hard locks on me. However, on solo, it's fine.

Add me Boogiepop! NNID:Smilax
don't know about glitches but yesterday I've realized that the textures take a REEEAAAL nosedive when using the tablet in multiplayer.
I'm gonna post some pics later on.

Hmm so I got the Vita version now and it's just as fun as the PS3 version :D Though something about it makes me enjoy it less and I can't point my finger at it for now :( Maybe this will go after a few days.

Maybe. I was running into all kinds of issues yesterday where my kart kept getting flipped around and stuck in obstacles. I just assumed that I was drunker than usual.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Anyone else having issues with the WiiU version not saving the games progress?

Prinny

Maybe. I was running into all kinds of issues yesterday where my kart kept getting flipped around and stuck in obstacles. I just assumed that I was drunker than usual.
Yesterday I got stuck in a wave during the ages track >.<
I never had any issue there before.

I made a new avatar just for you Greg :)
Now you have to add a beak on your cat!

I've post so much in this thread that I became a member.
Congrats! :D

Top Bottom