• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

I rented this on Redbox so I could wait for the PC version for DAT 60 FPS experience, but it seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth. Any updates on how that version is coming along? Should we expect a demo?

Mistle

My copy finally arrived! Been a blast so far. So I can unlock everything by going through World Tour, no?

It looks great on the TV, but the visuals on the Gamepad are oddly compressed. No other game does it! But eh, it's still good.

Smilax

My copy finally arrived! Been a blast so far. So I can unlock everything by going through World Tour, no?

It looks great on the TV, but the visuals on the Gamepad are oddly compressed. No other game does it! But eh, it's still good.

You unlock everything doing world tour! I recommend doing the Grand Prixs first.

You don't get everything for doing World Tour - you get Eggman for S-ranking all of the Grand Prixes, I think. Which despite how difficult S-Ranking things in World Tour is, is actually fairly easy in Grand Prix mode.

I find that S-Rank difficulty is often so chaotic that as long as you consistently place at least 3rd you'll end up with the most points regardless because who places what is vastly different from race to race. CPU Amy Rose might place 1st in one race, but the next race she'll probably be 7th, stuff like that. As long as you aspire to place in the top 3, you'll probably win the GP.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I've gotten better at races...beat a few World Tour levels in Expert, and finished all of World 1's Hard Mode challenges. At 105 Stars now.

But I have no clue how I'm going to win the S-level Drift Challenges. There's that one Curien Mansion one...I can't even get to the halfway point in Medium. :/

Berordn

You don't get everything for doing World Tour - you get Eggman for S-ranking all of the Grand Prixes, I think. Which despite how difficult S-Ranking things in World Tour is, is actually fairly easy in Grand Prix mode.

Not even S-Ranking them, just winning all 10 Grand Prix events.

Revven

I just got the Wii U version a few days ago. Still unlocking things but from what I played so far it's REALLY good! People weren't kidding when they said it felt good to control and such. Feels so reminiscent of DKR.

Add me to... hopefully join up in any GAF races: Revven

:D

Oh and off TV play is awesome!

Shinta

Banned
I've had this on PS3 since launch but I just picked it up on Vita last night. Holy hell, if you are a fan of this game it's worth it to have it on the go. It plays literally exactly the same, feels perfect. The game is just missing some of the graphical bells and whistles, but the gameplay is perfectly in tact. And honestly, the game still looks fantastic. Some of the colors on the boosts pop so much more on the OLED that they're significantly easier to see and I find myself doing a little better on races sometimes.

The Vita version totally holds up. And they count as a separate trophy set if you're into that, and want to earn them all twice.

MaLDo

I rented this on Redbox so I could wait for the PC version for DAT 60 FPS experience, but it seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth. Any updates on how that version is coming along? Should we expect a demo?

Zavvi

PRE2013 10% code discount for 2013 preorders

Sonic & Sega All-stars racing TRANSFORMED

Release Date: 08 February 2013

PRE-ORDER button click click click!!!!!

Prinny

Open lobby (Wii U)!

Edit: I was trying to jump over the bees. It didn't work T.T

Edit2: If it was in the stairs it was me :p

Edit3: Aaaargh, the cpus wouldn't stop attacking me.

Edit4: Yeah, it's the worst track. I think I prefer Waluigi's Pinball.

Edit5: Oh my god, that blowfish...

Edit6: Lol, I saw what you tried to do at the start of the 2nd lap :p

YOU GOT ROBBED! ...kinda.

Edit: Yeah, it would of been better just to take the hit I think there and then hit me back.

Edit2: Sigh, that drone someone hit me with made me get stuck against the wall. On a sadder note though, I just noticed that the course changes seasons as you play? IT WAS YOU!

Edit3: Uh.. damn game. I know I was ahead by a landslide but don't hand me the win before I cross the finish line!

Edit4: Burning walls, that's what they should call this place! Makes you wish for a reset button. Oh that dreaded random pinball smacking you in the face. If you're really unlucky you get hit twice!

Edit5: It's just a little friendly sting in the face.

Edit6: I'll be right back!I failed so hard with that 2nd lap blowfish

Edit7: I don't think that race could of been closer even if we tried!

I'm surprised I did too. Really making a lot less mistakes lately

Edit: Lol forget that. I got too excited I was actually going to win on that level for once. Till I crashed into a wall.

Tizoc

OK, got Night Shift for the next 2 days, so...gonna aim to having a session on Tuesday for PS3GAF, or if anyone wants I have the Vita ver. and wouldn't mind playing online matches~

ajim

How can I get in on playing with you blokes (Wii U here - And I've never used a Wii friend code or anything as of yet, so no idea how to add people or find my network id. Uh. )

Smilax

How can I get in on playing with you blokes (Wii U here - And I've never used a Wii friend code or anything as of yet, so no idea how to add people or find my network id. Uh. )

You just add one of us on Miiverse or the Friends list.

For example, if you wanted to add me, you would need me NNID which is Smilax. You would then go to either of the two, search for me, and then add me. After that, once you are added, you go on to the main screen of Sanic, and when you see the menu, push the button to see your friends list, it's the minus button for the wii-mote and I think the y button for the Game Pad. If you see my name and the button to Join, push A and then you will join the room.

Shinta

Banned
I have a question about the snow level. I cannot for the life of me stick this turn near the end of the level, no matter what I do.

After you leave the water-filled caves you drop down and then there's a sharp left turn after that. No matter what I end up smashed up against the railing, and I'll go from 1st to 4th or 5th. I just can't hit that turn.

Any advice? I don't want to give up my speed because by then I'm just flying after all the boosts. I can't hit it with a drift either. I didn't see a shortcut.

TheOGB

Banned
Don't boost out of there, give up speed on the drift. You kind of have to be the single competent driver on that part, since even the AI will be slamming into walls there.

Preble

Picked this game up the other day for Wii U and its been great. Fun easy controls and I'm lovin the Sega remixes. I have one question though, does this game seem alittle "blurry"? I mean it still looks great, but its just a small thing I notice when playin it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I have a question about the snow level. I cannot for the life of me stick this turn near the end of the level, no matter what I do.

After you leave the water-filled caves you drop down and then there's a sharp left turn after that. No matter what I end up smashed up against the railing, and I'll go from 1st to 4th or 5th. I just can't hit that turn.

It's impossible, lol.

Seriously, that turn FUCKED me over in the one World Tour where you had to challenge the five racers in a row in a Versus Match. Whenever I'd beat one opponent, it drop me at that part, and I'd literally hit the wall...the racer would then ZOOM by me, and I'd lose as they'd get to far ahead.

The best advice I found is to not ever drift at that part, just try to cut a straight line through.

Ok, so after beating world tour till AGES (and getting extra star untill I saw that is 200 to continue and said, fuck it), and getting robotnik in A grade on all the cups (with a LOT of bugs on my way that preventing me doing so at first), I wanted to do my first game online and kick some butts with Gum.
WiiU version. Online error 106-0614
Couldnt play anthing online, looked for the error on the internet and only found a french and a german forum (and lots of japanese ones) I couldnt understand that talked about it.

So how the fuck can I play online? Im starting to get fustrated with the buggy mess this game is. Whats the problem with the majority of sega games and bugs?

Picked this game up the other day for Wii U and its been great. Fun easy controls and I'm lovin the Sega remixes. I have one question though, does this game seem alittle "blurry"? I mean it still looks great, but its just a small thing I notice when playin it.

Its a chicane, open the curve and pass it diagonally, never try to do a drift in the curve. I crashed every time until I treat it like a chicane.

A.E Suggs

Anyone on now? I swear ever since I got the wiiU version I have yet to play with any gaffers.
Should have just kept it on ps3 at least I had a decent size friends list.

Anyone on now? I swear ever since I got the wiiU version I have yet to play with any gaffers.
Should have just kept it on ps3 at least I had a decent size friends list.

I just finished a session online - Wii U. Played some battle mode with randoms.
Just play with randoms, there's no voice (I don't believe) anyways. Add me though if you wish (NNID: Spacehawg). I've been going back and forth between MK7 and this and it confuses the hell out of me for the first race everytime.

A.E Suggs

I don't actually have to unlock Danica, do I? I can just leave her locked?

Yes you can, but I don't see why you can't just unlock all the characters since you don't use up stars. The things that some people do just because they hate a character :/.

I just finished a session online - Wii U. Played some battle mode with randoms.
Just play with randoms, there's no voice (I don't believe) anyways. Add me though if you wish (NNID: Spacehawg). I've been going back and forth between MK7 and this and it confuses the hell out of me for the first race everytime.

I would but randoms are rarely on it seems, I haven't caught a game of more than 5 people.

Will add you though, NNID:tiger2.

Smilax

Thanks for adding me, setting up the room!

Already off to a great start! ..Although that was totally my fault.

Oh, no, the network error was my fault. My father is using the internet, so even the slightest of download.. like pictures on facebook... will kick me out of the room. So, if you see me disconnect, you know now. Oddly enough, this is the only game where even the slightest of lag can kill it.

Smilax

So anyone help me with the conecting error in the WiiU? I cant play online.
The error is 106-0614. Anyone got that error here (im from europe if that helps)?

Can you connect online normally? Through Mii-verse or the e-Shop? Sanic for the Wii U is really stubborn when connecting online, so usually, you have to turn off the console, turn it back on, and try again.

Can you connect online normally? Through Mii-verse or the e-Shop? Sanic for the Wii U is really stubborn when connecting online, so usually, you have to turn off the console, turn it back on, and try again.

Yes the miiverse and internet worked. Will try again now and lets see if it works. Will tell you if I get the same message

EDIT Seems it works right now. But thanks, yep, seems its stubborn to connect sometimes.

BTW Is the favourite character thing butchered? It says my favourite is Nights, but im pretty sure Ive had more play with Gum and even MeeMee.

Smilax

Yes the miiverse and internet worked. Will try again now and lets see if it works. Will tell you if I get the same message

EDIT Seems it works right now. But thanks, yep, seems its stubborn to connect sometimes.

BTW Is the favourite character thing butchered? It says my favourite is Nights, but im pretty sure Ive had more play with Gum and even MeeMee.
Yeah lol, it says mine is Ralph, I hardly use him.
Lol. Who is Amy_Rose? That's awesome.
Amy_Rose is one of my friends, I hope it's ok she joins. Also, I HATE YOU! YOU TOOK MY THIRD PLACE. XD
I knew it was a good idea to stay behind!
CURSE YOU PRINNY, CUUUURSE YOU!

And i disconnected during my first race :(
Cant even enter the frickin matchmaking now, stays forever in the looking for games loading screen, the first time was really fast.

So sad this game has so much problems.

Smilax

And i disconnected during my first race :(
Cant even enter the frickin matchmaking now, stays forever in the looking for games loading screen, the first time was really fast.

So sad this game has so much problems.

Yeah, Matchmaking is a troublesome. However, playing with friends seem to be ok, as long as you have a good connection.

Smilax

I suppsedly have a good connection lol
Are people here playing on the WiiU? Maybe I can add some of you to play some matches.
Username is "SP_Ridley"

Right now, someone is hosting, however, I don't mind leaving the room and adding you, you can join through me.

Edit: I can't seem to add you. Did you use the Friend list app yet?

Top Bottom