• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Generations |OT| What Sonic can learn from Sonic

Dark Schala said:
...Well I know what I'm watching first.
KuGsj.gif

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Anth0ny said:
uuuuuuuuuggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

And compared to Colours... hmm. Maybe I should play Shadow/Silver before I make my final statement =P

Didn't you say Sonic Colors was like the worst game ever and you couldn't imagine Sonic 06 being any worse?

Then yeah. You deserve to play through that entire game.

Best part of the '06 LP is when they all start singing in monotone, completely devoid of any enthusiasm or emotion whatsoever. :lol

Edgeward

The Sonic 06 LP is one of the greatest LPs I've ever seen. So many great moments especially
the Train/mach speed section
, so much rage in that part lol

RobbieNick

TheOGB said:
Crisis City.

Now it's time for Hilariously Fucked Up Lyrics from Knuckles Levels. Today's selection is from Kick the Rock!... for Wild Canyon:

"A double cross spy thief that's out for my jewels, uh
I'm feeling her in mysterious ways"

I'm sure you are, Knuckles. I'm sure you are.

BONUS! "When I catch her I'ma get her with these tools"
I'm sure you will, Knuckles. I'm sure you will.

This has been Hilarioulsy Fucked Up Lyrics from Knuckles Levels

Fun Fact: Knuckles is married to Blaze IRL. That is to say Travis Willingham (Knuckles voice actor) is married to Laura Bailey (Blaze's and Omachao's voice actor).

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Lucky Number Seven Force said:
Best part of the '06 LP is when they all start singing in monotone, completely devoid of any enthusiasm or emotion whatsoever. :lol
"You've got a fast car

I want a ticket to anywhere

Maybe we can make a deal

Maybe together we can get somewhere"

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The_Technomancer said:
"You've got a fast car

I want a ticket to anywhere

Maybe we can make a deal

Maybe together we can get somewhere"

She packed my bag last night, pre-flight.

Zero-hour nine A.M.

And I'm gonna be high as a kite by then.

I miss the earth so much, I miss my wife.

It's lonely out in space,

On such a timeless flight.

RobbieNick said:
Fun Fact: Knuckles is married to Blaze IRL. That is to say Travis Willingham (Knuckles voice actor) is married to Laura Bailey (Blaze's and Omachao's voice actor).
Knuckles x Omochao fanfic. It's over.

mik83kuu

Banned
This will be the second Sonic game I have ever owned or played. Had Sonic Adventures back when Dreamcast was new. No idea if I'll like it, but for a Sonic game it sure looks promising...

qq more

mik83kuu said:
This will be the second Sonic game I have ever owned or played. Had Sonic Adventures back when Dreamcast was new. No idea if I'll like it, but for a Sonic game it sure looks promising...
Really? Play the Genesis trilogy + CD + Triple Trouble. Great games. :)

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
The Xtortionist said:
The piano and following guitar in the beginning of Modern Rooftop Run gives me that special feeling deep down inside
That trailer caused me to stick Unleashed back into my Wii for the first time in over a year, just to replay Rooftop Run and Chun-Nan

I always loved the view of sonic grinding down from the clock tower on rooftop run in unleashed, glad they kept that view in this remade level.

Teknoman

Modern Rooftop Run looks great, but makes me wish Sega would've just flew Arron out again. Whoever is playing uses "the boost to get through" too often.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The_Technomancer said:
That trailer caused me to stick Unleashed back into my Wii for the first time in over a year, just to replay Rooftop Run and Chun-Nan

Nighttime stages, right?

*horrible flashback to Chun-nan Night* *vomits*

Andrex said:
Nighttime stages, right?

*horrible flashback to Chun-nan Night* *vomits*
Was it worse than the PS360 version? because you had to jump across crates bobbing in water WITH NO CHARACTER SHADOW, absolutely baffling game design, it's like 3D platforming 101 was tossed out the window.

Still Shamar night was even worse, that level was just so very bad, those wasp enemies are the things of nightmares.

ShadiWulf

Nocturnowl said:
Was it worse than the PS360 version? because you had to jump across crates bobbing in water WITH NO CHARACTER SHADOW, absolutely baffling game design, it's like 3D platforming 101 was tossed out the window.

Still Shamar night was even worse, that level was just so very bad, those wasp enemies are the things of nightmares.
I hated Shamar night so bad. I agree with your statement about the wasps, scary things!

Wii Werehog levels were generally much shorter, more linear, and more... I dare say, puzzle platformer than the 360/PS3 version (the mechanics for certain things like grabbing onto enemies was different, so it allowed for different designs). I also liked that the upgrading was linear, close to God of War style instead of trying to guess at what stats you'll need. But you did have less options for fighting, and those wasps are even harder to kill. If you don't have a box to throw, they take forever.

qq more

Cool Edge Night Act 2 or 3 was fucking terrible in Unleashed Wii. It suffered the same problems Chun-Nan Night Act 2 or 3 did. Tiny platforms over a giant pit with enemies everywhere. Except this one was worse because the platforms were made of ice. argggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Chao

Any word on what's the best version? I think classic Sonic gameplay is kinda blurry on PS3 but I can't see any other faults. I know Sega used to make bad PS3 ports and I would like to make sure I'm getting the good one this time.

JonCha

That speed run is ridiculoua, and something I could never be bothered to do. I've spent enough time getting 1:47 with Modern Sonic!

.la1n

Having played the recent demo my personal opinion is that the game feels really good in comparison to Sonic Team's recent efforts. Classic Sonic still feels off to me but better than he did in Sonic 4: Episode 1 (which I enjoyed for what it was.) Modern Sonic was surprisingly more enjoyable than I had expected. I feel like classic Sonic would have benefited from having a zoomed in camera, with my television it became a little too busy at times to make accurate adjustments.

BTW - that speed run is INSANE.

Greektown

Neo Member
Chao said:
Any word on what's the best version? I think classic Sonic gameplay is kinda blurry on PS3 but I can't see any other faults. I know Sega used to make bad PS3 ports and I would like to make sure I'm getting the good one this time.

the 360 is more crisp, but this leads to more jaggies. Ive noticed sonic looks more cgi like in the ps3 version because of the smooth blurry effect.

ShadiWulf

so theres some 3DS scans out in the wild, nothing major. Just confirms Silver as the Modern Era Rival and Sonic Rush style cutscenes.

So it looks like Iizuka wasn't lying about the 3DS version being about the handheld series history after all! It's got a nod to Sonic Rush style cutscenes!
That's so not Dimps being lazy!

Top Bottom