• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Generations |OT| What Sonic can learn from Sonic

Synless

They really fixed up the frame rate on the PS3 version based on this newest demo, I'm a little more leaning on getting that version now.

Nabs

TimmiT said:
Apparently the PC version has been leaked. Not sure if it's true but you all might want to avoid spoilers.
That doesn't sound right. It's Steamworks, so there should be no way to actually play it early.

Nabs said:
That doesn't sound right. It's Steamworks, so there should be no way to actually play it early.

Steamworks doesn't really mean anything. There have been Steam removal patches for as long as there has been Steam. I remember back in the day when a lot of people claimed it was the "only way" to play Counter-Strike Source because Steam was a resource hog and was significantly impacting framerates.

I'm sure there's similar ways to patch out Steamworks, it just means you won't get achievements, leaderboards, or any of the other goodies.

Cmagus

If you check on steam there are people who have achievements for it but I am assuming it's reviewers of some sort.I am really interested in this can't wait till it unlocks.Maybe they will have pre-load since it is like 11 gig.

qq more

Yep, definitely fake.

From the Retro Sonic forums said:
That site does not belong to the real Skidrow, it's filled with other unreleased games (AC:Revelations, Arkham City...), the torrent file is in a rar that is 2.88MB, and that file sharing link wants you to take a survey to download the file.

SHOW'S OVER
MOVE ALONG
NOTHING TO SEE HERE

Stitch

Gold Member
sure you can patch out steamworks.
but not before the game launched because it is missing all the important files.

Nabs

Sega1991 said:
Steamworks doesn't really mean anything. There have been Steam removal patches for as long as there has been Steam. I remember back in the day when a lot of people claimed it was the "only way" to play Counter-Strike Source because Steam was a resource hog and was significantly impacting framerates.

I'm sure there's similar ways to patch out Steamworks, it just means you won't get achievements, leaderboards, or any of the other goodies.
Steamworks provides zero-day protection. So a leak this early would mean nothing unless it was internal.

TEJ

Does anybody know if the PS3 and xbox 360 versions are identical? If so, i'll get the xbox 360 version because I might need to get a new PS3 controller soon.

ShadiWulf

So apparently Sonic Drift is the unlockable game in Genrations 3DS while Sonic 1 is unlockable in Generations.

Iizuka: Gamegear? *laughs* no

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.p...n-3DS-is-getting-Sonic-Drift-as-a-Un-Lockable

It's supposedly from a scan, which isn't posted there.. but yeah.. so i guess take it with a grain of salt for now, but it really be really funny if true, especially after what Iizuka said.

TEJ said:
Does anybody know if the PS3 and xbox 360 versions are identical? If so, i'll get the xbox 360 version because I might need to get a new PS3 controller soon.
They are pretty even, XBOX has better textures, PS3 has less jaggies. PS3 has a little more framerate slowdown in the same places XBOX has slowdown, but not by much. All comes down to personal preference in the end.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair

TEJ

sonic drift? what an amazing troll! He could have at least put in a good game gear sonic, like triple trouble.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Nocturnowl said:
Was it worse than the PS360 version?

Probably. Collision detection was way off. Felt like the old 'hog did an action a full second after you pressed the button. Combine that with waggle, climbing up and down poles, and jumping onto moving spinning platforms and tiny platforms in the water, and you basically get Hell with a capital H.

I think Sonic 1 is a pretty big troll in itself, that roms been whored out more than a 45 year old hooker. I literally felt nothing when I heard that game was going to be included in the game.

Combichristoffersen

Bucket-o-roadkill said:
I think Sonic 1 is a pretty big troll in itself, that roms been whored out more than a 45 year old hooker. I literally felt nothing when I heard that game was going to be included in the game.

But Sonic 1 is still a good game. Sonic Drift, on the other hand, is utter dogshit.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
ShadiWulf said:
So apparently Sonic Drift is the unlockable game in Genrations 3DS while Sonic 1 is unlockable in Generations.

Iizuka: Gamegear? *laughs* no.
Sonic Drift?

KuGsj.gif

While I own so many copies of Sonic 1 through compilation games such as Sonic Mega Collection Plus and through PSN, I've never actually owned a physical copy of the Genesis cartridge. I have borrowed it from a friend back in the 90s, if that counts.

I do have 2 and 3, though -- and I still have them.

Combichristoffersen

qq more said:
I've never played much of the Drift games. What was wrong with Drift 1? And what are the improvements Drift 2 had?

Can't say anything about Drift 2, as I don't think I've played it. But Drift 1 is just not a fun game at all. It's like a seriously shitty Mario Kart knockoff with all the fun removed, and clunky controls added. Also; why the fuck is Sonic in a car?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
ThoughtsOfSpeaking said:
It's sad that that I don't find this one bit surprising. Even still, link?
It's in the scum of the earth aka youtube comments of the video linked earlier. Sadly you can tell some of them are not troll post.

Why is Sonic Shuffle not on XBLA/PSN?

I remember that game being awesome. But then again I haven't played it since it first came out, so I could be horribly wrong.

Combichristoffersen said:
Can't say anything about Drift 2, as I don't think I've played it. But Drift 1 is just not a fun game at all. It's like a seriously shitty Mario Kart knockoff with all the fun removed, and clunky controls added. Also; why the fuck is Sonic in a car?
12483324302707.jpg

Ajemsuhgao said:
Why is Sonic Shuffle not on XBLA/PSN?

I remember that game being awesome. But then again I haven't played it since it first came out, so I could be horribly wrong.
I still own Sonic Shuffle too. My sister and I loved it when we were younger, and we're thinking about playing it again. Sure, it's not Mario Party but it was fun. The Let's Play YT series linked here before was hilarious to us.

Lijik

I remember Drift 2 feeling less clunky, having more tracks and characters, and having more ambitious track design than Drift 1.

I havent played it in ages, but I remember feeling it was much better than the original drift.

QisTopTier said:
It's in the scum of the earth aka youtube comments of the video linked earlier. Sadly you can tell some of them are not troll post.

Yeah, I was just reading.

Complaining about speed in a speed run....It doesn't compute....... Even worse they are complaining about the spindash when it actually the momentum retained in the jump that they have been crying for all these years that make this run so fast.

I've said it before and Ill say it again, there are certain sonic fans that just love to complain about anything...They mess it up for the people who have genuine concerns with their pathetic manchild antics.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
QisTopTier said:
LOL at the people saying classic sonic is ruined by that speed run video LOL
Has anyone said that? If so, its stupid, speed runs like that were totally possible in the Genesis games, especially in the first zone

The_Technomancer said:
Has anyone said that? If so, its stupid, speed runs like that were totally possible in the Genesis games, especially in the first zone

choice quote

youtube retard said:
BECAUSE CLASSIC SONIC IS ALL ABOUT SPEED

God Sega fucked this up so bad. The overpowered spindash is just idiotic.

son.jpg

isnt the reason sonic is in a car is to make it fair for everyone else i mean technically its only sonic r that doesnt make sense

Combichristoffersen

jimjonjimmy said:
isnt the reason sonic is in a car is to make it fair for everyone else i mean technically its only sonic r that doesnt make sense

Hm? I'd say Sonic R is the only one that made sense since the characters there did what they would do in the regular platform games; they ran (besides Robotnik, Tails Dolls and.. Metal Sonic I think), and utilized their speed (and yet Sonic didn't outclass them with no effort) rather than jump into some random car to race each other.

Link Man

Banned
He just wants to play fair. ;)

Lijik

Hm? I'd say Sonic R is the only one that made sense since the characters there did what they would do in the regular platform games; they ran (besides Robotnik, Tails Dolls and.. Metal Sonic I think), and utilized their speed (and yet Sonic didn't outclass them with no effort) rather than jump into some random car to race each other.
I think Amy was also in a car to compensate for her not being fast

Top Bottom