• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Generations |OT| What Sonic can learn from Sonic

tumblr_lxv4d3JPUD1r2tdnt.png

hmm

tumblr_lxv4ef016y1r2tdnt.png

oh my

oh gooooood :lol

qq more

...Any explanation to why Sally has that really weird expression? Artist had to be messing with us. Just... what the fuck is with Archie comics? Were they always this bad?

Mistle

...Any explanation to why Sally has that really weird expression? Artist had to be messing with us. Just... what the fuck is with Archie comics? Were they always this bad?

Ron Lim was exceptionally bad. Their main artist now is Tracey Yardley and he is great.

incredibly obvious, huh? whatever helps you cope. if anything, using "PORTABLE" suggests it could have been a PSP game.
... Cope with what? It's just something I noticed and there was a lot of talk before the game out about whether it was an upscaled 'app' game or not.

Also was Archie's Sonic where comic artists would get a start in the industry or go to quietly die?

That's a rape face if I ever saw one. That kid's asshole is gonna be aching tonight :(

Like it's been said, there's actually a reason for it. Eggman's switched minds with Sonic. That's basically his "got this shit made" moment.

Sonic comics were usually done on the cheap, on a tight schedule, without much guidance or help from Sega. (As infamously told, their Sonic Adventure adaption was done by Spaz bringing in his Japanese copy and playing through it in the office, that was all the help they got.) The quality control has gotten better, particularly the writing, and they've gotten much better at picking artists who know how to draw Sonic like characters, instead of using Lim because he works cheap and fast.

True, but it might make them stop fucking this topic up because it has nothing to do with the shitty comic series. I have read them, but my god is it a convoluted mess.

Sciz

What's the deal with Ken Penders, anyway? All I remember is this nonsense, and I haven't been keeping up much.

He was the lead writer on the series for a long time. Long story short, and particularly with regards to the Knuckles series, he wrote whatever the hell he wanted without any real regard for how thematically appropriate it was for a Sonic comic. He also introduced an enormous amount of characters and plotlines that never went anywhere, though to be fair that was a problem with all of the writers of the time. There's a reason why Flynn had to spend his first 15 or so issues just cleaning up the mess.

If you mean more specifically what's up with the lawsuit, it comes down to exactly what the details of his contract were, and that was never made public. I think the suit got thrown out, eventually.

In any case this is a happy thread, people, knock it off.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
True, but it might make them stop fucking this topic up because it has nothing to do with the shitty comic series. I have read them, but my god is it a convoluted mess.
Eh, in my experience, Sonic threads end up turning into an entire discussion about the Sonic series anyway.

I purposely didn't post any pics of legs or whatever nonsense because I knew where the thread was going to go after that, and the Generations threads have actually been, y'know, good for the most part. It's a fun atmosphere in here and I don't have to post all seriously like I do in other threads. I'd hate for that to be taken away.

Anyway, this is particularly why the Sonic Community thread was proposed, but it's the beginning of January (and thus busy time) so people are kind of busy with IRL stuff.

He was the lead writer on the series for a long time. Long story short, and particularly with regards to the Knuckles series, he wrote whatever the hell he wanted without any real regard for how thematically appropriate it was for a Sonic comic. He also introduced an enormous amount of characters and plotlines that never went anywhere, though to be fair that was a problem with all of the writers of the time. There's a reason why Flynn had to spend his first 15 or so issues just cleaning up the mess.

If you mean more specifically what's up with the lawsuit, it comes down to exactly what the details of his contract were, and that was never made public. I think the suit got thrown out, eventually.
The lawsuit part, yeah. The lawsuit just seemed silly to me in the first place.

The Knuckles comics were three-part arcs anyway, and half the time... well, looking back on it as an adult, he clearly just made up whatever he wanted.

Flynn's stuff isn't bad. It's a hell of a lot better than what I had been reading before I took time off from reading the comics.

Meanwhile, I can't find three of the Red Rings on Seaside Hill Act 2. I refuse to look them up online and it's driving me mad.
Which ones are you looking for, specifically? A lot of them are on the upper route (ie: when you have to jump through the rainbow rings to get to the higher route instead of boosting over the water).

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Never played Unleashed after playing this getting the itch too...any good?

There's an half of the game which is good, indeed, and in some things it's the proto-Sonic Colors / Generations.
But then there's another half.

Top Bottom