• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Mania |OT| Dreams Come True

Revven

Can't wait to dive into this tonight at midnight! Going to be streaming my first experience playing it, probably the first two hours. Caaaan't waaaait.

Protome

*in North America

Puyo Puyo Tetris and many others say otherwise.

Maybe this is only a European thing then. Because I downloaded Puyo Puyo Tetris at midnight on day of release.

How about europe is that the same? Does it follow CEST or gmt+0 (UK Time)

I'm in the UK and the last thing I got at midnight was at midnight BST, so I dunno about the rest of Europe, I'd assume the same?

So my Xbox One says "Available on 8/15/2017 10:00:00 AM. I'm in the Central US time zone.

Am I seriously going to have to wait until 10:00 am tomorrow morning for my pre-order to unlock on XB1 and not midnight? If so that's some shit and I think I'll go cancel my pre-order and order it on PS4.

13ruce

Banned
Supposedly it will be up at midnight CEST.

Maybe this is only a European thing then. Because I downloaded Puyo Puyo Tetris at midnight on day of release.

I'm in the UK and the last thing I got at midnight was at midnight BST, so I dunno about the rest of Europe, I'd assume the same?

Ah so at midnight for me then or one hour later (Dutch).

I can live with that very easily:p

RedToad64

Yeah, must just be Europe then. North American folks will have to wait until noon tomorrow.

AAMARMO

Banned
Sonic is Back. Let's hope we get more games like this in the future. Hopefully a collection with all the Remake Sega MD games.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I know this game doesn’t need 4K, but any news on performance on switch? Seems like the ideal platform for me but only if 5ere are no compromises on performance.

TreIII

It won't take long to download 186MB :)

It's still the principle of the thing. Switch needs to have pre-loading so that this type of thing can just be easier. I could just be waiting for the game to unlock at midnight, instead of having to download it.

NoKisum

Not a dealbreaker at all, but is there local wireless multiplayer for Switch? Or is the Competition Mode split screen only?

Metalmarc

I got my Switch today and only got Mario Kart for it, I think this sounds like it could be the game for me (not played many Sonic games except 1-3, Spinball, a bit of generations and a bit of episode 4)

I can go for either the PS4 version or the Switch version. And right now, it largely depends on which version releases first.. My preference would be the Switch version.. but I doubt it releases in Canada until after the PS4 version.

Sciz

I thought Knuckles had a beret for a moment there. Nice work!

sonic_44_beretzws9h.jpg

NoKisum

It appears to be split screen only. It doesn't have online multiplayer either.

Yeah I didn't expect a title like this to have online play, but I figured it would at least have local wireless play to avoid the squish. But oh well. Still a day one regardless.

KingBroly

Banned
I can go for either the PS4 version or the Switch version. And right now, it largely depends on which version releases first.. My preference would be the Switch version.. but I doubt it releases in Canada until after the PS4 version.

It's out on the Aussie Switch store, but you need Australian cash to get it.

Ristifer

So my Xbox One says "Available on 8/15/2017 10:00:00 AM. I'm in the Central US time zone.

Am I seriously going to have to wait until 10:00 am tomorrow morning for my pre-order to unlock on XB1 and not midnight? If so that's some shit and I think I'll go cancel my pre-order and order it on PS4.
Yup. That's what mine says too. 11:00am EST.

Ridley327

I know this game doesn’t need 4K, but any news on performance on switch? Seems like the ideal platform for me but only if 5ere are no compromises on performance.

I think that virtually all of the leak footage is running on Switch, and it's looking to be running beautifully.

Poketune

So just to confirm, you can play local split screen mode with split joy-cons on the Switch; i.e one per player, correct?

The Hermit

Wait there's seriously no Platinum or Gold trophies? That's fucking stupid. I blame SEGA. (I don't know if they're actually to blame or not but I have to place blame somewhere)

Hey, maybe you should blame yourself about caring about a pointless thing like trophies... But I digress.

Sanic is back bitches!

So just to confirm, you can play local split screen mode with split joy-cons on the Switch; i.e one per player, correct?

Sonic games uses only 1 button... So yeah.

robot

Noticing my NES30 controller doesn't work in game despite working in the system menus. Pairs as a Pro controller. Anyone currently using a Pro without issues?

EDIT: Also, if you let the intro movie play a 2nd time, it has a completely different music track and added sound effects. Weird!

Mesoian

So...is this on the switch store yet? I just got a refund for my steam version since I already have that version of sonic 1.

"Release date: Tuesday, 15 August 2017, 16:00:00"

UK release date?? really???????? :(

Xbone has been my console of choice for a couple of years.. However, I'm gonna have to break out the PS4 and get it on PSN at midnight if that's genuinely the case. MASSIVE dropped ball by MS and LIVE here, what the fuck.

phant0m

Xbone has been my console of choice for a couple of years.. However, I'm gonna have to break out the PS4 and get it on PSN at midnight if that's genuinely the case. MASSIVE dropped ball by MS and LIVE here, what the fuck.

You're rally going to buy a game on "not your console of choice" just to get it like 12 hours early? Wow.

Aww yeah, preordered on PSN, unlocks in a few hours. Can't wait to finally play a great Sonic game again. Its been about 15+ years heh.

Oresama

Does anyone know if the digital download codes for the collectors editions are console specific or generic ( as in I redeem it for the console of my choosing )?

Thanks in advance

Top Bottom