• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Mania |OT| Dreams Come True

Xbone has been my console of choice for a couple of years.. However, I'm gonna have to break out the PS4 and get it on PSN at midnight if that's genuinely the case. MASSIVE dropped ball by MS and LIVE here, what the fuck.

Massive? It's 12 hours, man. This is a bit hyperbolic. Massive would be missing the release date.

VertPin

I'm staying away from level spoilers so I'm gonna dip as soon as this is answered.
Will this game be up at 9:00 PM EST for the PSN store? Amazon somehow has my collectors edition delayed for the next few days, I need the game ASAP. Love genesis Sonic.

russbus64

I don't know if others had the same experience, but I contacted Amazon support regarding my Sonic Mania CE for Switch.

They upgraded my shipping from Thursday two-day to Wednesday one-day.

I'm staying away from level spoilers so I'm gonna dip as soon as this is answered.
Will this game be up at 9:00 PM EST for the PSN store? Amazon somehow has my collectors edition delayed for the next few days, I need the game ASAP. Love genesis Sonic.

Should be up at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT (Monday night for the west coast).

russbus64

They didn't do anything like that for me. In what way did you complain?

I told them that the game was coming out Tuesday, but my CE was coming Thursday. Initially, the CSR told me that it was because I chose two-day shipping, and not release date delivery (which I did not recall as an option). They immediately followed up that statement by offering one-day shipping. I didn't even have time to respond to that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
YO, WHAT. From that Jim Sterling review, (cameo spoilers)
WAS THAT BEAN THE DYNAMITE?!?!

Impulsor

How is the switch version faring? I assume on par with the others since this isn't technically demanding right?

So theoretically I could use my U.K. Switch account to buy this when it unlocks there and play it earlier than the US unlock time, correct?

I told them that the game was coming out Tuesday, but my CE was coming Thursday. Initially, the CSR told me that it was because I chose two-day shipping, and not release date delivery (which I did not recall as an option). They immediately followed up that statement by offering one-day shipping. I didn't even have time to respond to that.

Damn I basically said the same thing. They just told me release day was never an option. Maybe because I did email communication. Damnit.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So theoretically I could use my U.K. Switch account to buy this when it unlocks there and play it earlier than the US unlock time, correct?

Yep

Edit: wait does that mean I can use my Japan account and download now?? Does it have English language?
Exit2 : Nope, not out until 16th in Japan

Just got an email saying my Amazon order was shipped and would be delivered Wednesday. Still hopeful that some insane miracle is pulled and it arrives tomorrow though.

deoee

I have never played a Sonic, shall I get this?
wtzgU.gif

deoee

It's arguably better that you haven't since all of the zones would be new for you.

I mean surely I have played like some 1 or 2 levels but never was into the franchise itself.

From the gameplay trailers it looks really "oldschoolish" which is perfectly fine but I'm afraid I'm getting hyped by all the super speedrunners and me myself will just struggle to ever nail a level like that :D

robot

Looks like I had to detach my joycons from the system to get the NES30 controller to work in kickstand mode. I imagine it will be the same with the pro controller. Weird since I never had to do that with other games.

Kinsei

Banned
I mean surely I have played like some 1 or 2 levels but never was into the franchise itself.

From the gameplay trailers it looks really "oldschoolish" which is perfectly fine but I'm afraid I'm getting hyped by all the super speedrunners and me myself will just struggle to ever nail a level like that :D

You'll certainly not be blazing through the levels on your first playthrough. The thing about these games is that they encourage multiple playthroughs via multiple paths through the levels and (starting with Sonic 3) multiple playable characters with their own unique abilities. As you replay the levels to take the alternate paths and see what areas each character can access you start to get better and better at maintaining your speed.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*Amazon preparing for shipment, but still says Thursday*

Why the hell am I paying for Prime if they can't be consistent with launch day delivery.

....maybe the delay is for the people who got their LEs signed.

Sonic 1 is my dad's first Genesis game and he's the reason I even started gaming. I really can't wait to play it with him come release.

MrBadger

I couldn't help but watch GameXplain's upload of the Mirage Saloon boss

THE BOYS are back!! I was hoping they'd be more than just a repeat of the wanted posters from Generations

Getting ready for the slowest work day ever tomorrow

*Amazon preparing for shipment, but still says Thursday*

Why the hell am I paying for Prime if they can't be consistent with launch day delivery.

....maybe the delay is for the people who got their LEs signed.

The only signed ones are for PC iirc, as part of the apology.

Top Bottom