• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Mania |OT| Dreams Come True

Doosi

Banned
Jesus Christ some of the boss battles in this are ridiculously hard

This is definitely the hardest 2D Sonic yet

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
45b249664b67864181b9499fd51c88ab--hedgehog-art-hedgehogs.jpg

I'm WAAAAAITING!

"Yeah, we're waitiiiing"

Frumix

Suffering From Success
In with faux CRT mode.

Level design doesn't feel as tight as S3K but maybe I'm just not familiar with it yet as much as I am with that game.

RockmanBN

5 Chaos Emeralds right now. Though I've gotten my first time out since Sandopolis when I was a kid. It was in
Flying Battery Act 2. Is it me or does it take a while to beat the boss?

Flousn

Never played the old Sonic Games except CD on mobile (which i liked) but 20€ for a rather short game seems just a little bit much right now.
Just got Hellblade and will definatly buy Observer.
Argh, what to do?!?!

Tsunamo

Played so much of it for so long. It's so so good.

I haven't been this excited playing a new Sonic since Generations.

And some of the references/nods to other Sonic games chucked in there are amazing, there's so many of them. In particular the
Mean Bean Machine boss battle
had me freaking out that they did that.

In regards to folks mentioning length i've been playing for about 7 hours and I still haven't beat it. It's extremely meaty. Definitely feel i've got my $20 worth in content.

emiliano

I don't have a pro controller on switch, how much do you think would be a deal breaker not being able to use a real digital dpad on this game?
I'm still undecided between switch and PS4.

Decisions. Decisions.

deoee

I don't have a pro controller on switch, how much do you think would be a deal breaker not being able to use a real digital dpad on this game?

Decisions. Decisions.

These two don't fit together.

IMO you're even better off with the joycon pad than the Pro Pad dpad.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

Decisions. Decisions.
The pro digital dpad is the worst dpad ever

Top Bottom