• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Mania |OT| Dreams Come True

Yousefb

I mean, it's worth a shot. It takes two seconds to switch region, and the only thing that will happen if it doesn't work is that it doesn't work. Go for it. :)
Thanks buddy. I also just realized im an idiot cause I already have eshop credit in my account :D

Edit: nevermind looks like I can't change my country until those credits are used up -_-
Oh well, good thing switch can have multiple accounts!

TedHub

Banned
Thanks buddy. I also just realized im an idiot cause I already have eshop credit in my account :D

Just a warning, according to Nintendo:

Your Nintendo eShop account balance does not carry over when you change the country that your Nintendo Account is set to. You will need to use the remaining funds in your Nintendo Account balance before you will be able to change the country.

Shahadan

I only got to the studiopolis zone but wow guys

I've never experienced this feeling in a game before I think
When the game first started it all came back to me and everything looked and sounded and felt the same I immediately thought "Why was I denied this for so long? It's so simple"
Not in an entitled way, just like holy fuck there was no reason

And then the final boss in Chemical Plant. I was completely caught off guard by that, my other favorite thing about the megadrive/genesis. It was like someone I knew put it there just for me.
Like "I know you liked that so I put it in the game". Weird stuff.

I need to take a break because it's probably all downhill from there :lol:

Also putting those bonus stages in the checkpoint poles makes way more sense than in the giant rings

andymcc

Banned

When the game first started it all came back to me and everything looked and sounded and felt the same I immediately thought "Why was I denied this for so long? It's so simple"

And then the final boss in Chemical Plant. I was completely caught off guard by that, my other favorite thing about the megadrive/genesis. It was like someone I knew put it there just for me.

Also putting those bonus stages in the checkpoint poles makes way more sense than in the giant rings

It definitely isn't downhill from there ;)

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
I just made a United Kingdom account but it says Sonic's now out till tomorrow.

What did I do wrong?

Zakard

Just played through the first two stages. I am really impressed. Everything just feels spot on. Music, artstyle, feeling. I picked it up because of the good reviews and I am really happy right now. I need to stop and take a break. Really great stuff.

TreIII

Ugggh. No luck with trying the Australian or Russia methods for me, today.

Guess I'm stuck hoping for the US eshop to pull through, tonight!

Do we have a "Grace Chen-o-clock" for the eshop, yet?

NotLiquid

Game's available for me now in Scandinavia.

Probably not going to play it until tomorrow though. Not the biggest fan of playing games in the middle of the night when I'm likely tired and ready to go to bed lol.

RRockman

Banned

😂 you've seen nothing yet

Dachande

Fuck it, bought it from the Russian store. Just finished downloading.

I wasn't convinced it'd be out in the UK store at midnight. If I'm wrong so be it - I'll be paying the difference by buying the PC version soon as well so I can play it properly on a Saturn pad as God intended.

Yousefb

Success with the Russian eshop! My American CC wouldn't work though. Used my Kuwaiti one and it worked, lol. So random.

ubiblu

First sonic game since the master system trio (1/2/chaos). Made it to third zone. Game oozes class; music and visuals are absolutely on point.

Can't wait to smash through the rest later today. On holiday in NZ so why not :D

Robin64

Are we sure about this? They can't just like, disable the software at a later date?

No, this is one of the features of Switch. The whole region-free thing is here to stay, they won't go back on it. Knock yourself out.

So why is everyone asking about Russian eshop. Wouldn't it be much easier to just buy it from the EU?

Because it works out super cheap.

It's £15.99 on the UK eShop, and buying it from the Russian eShop cost me £9.01.

LordKano

If I change the region of my account to Russian before going back to Belgium, will I still get Russian news in my feed like I have with my alt Japanese account ?

Robin64

If I change the region of my account to Russian before going back to Belgium, will I still get Russian news in my feed like I have with my alt Japanese account ?

You get a couple of pieces, but only for the duration of being Russian. Having an alt account on the console means you always get that news, but changing region just gives you that region's news for the time you are switched.

OmegaFax

Russian eShop didn't work for me :(

American FYI

Bah I'll pay extra to play it right now. I've waiting too long for this.

So where does an American CC work?

US CCs definitely work in Mexican (and possibly Canadian region).

I was trying to figure out if there was a way to get a virtual UK based CC that would work on the Russian eShop but this shit's getting too complicated. I'd rather wait it out another 5 hours than be an international money trafficking mastermind over a Sonic game.

LordKano

You get a couple of pieces, but only for the duration of being Russian. Having an alt account on the console means you always get that news, but changing region just gives you that region's news for the time you are switched.

This is perfect. Thanks for your precise feedback. I'll do just that tomorrow.

Top Bottom