• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Mania |OT| Dreams Come True

whyman

So first, when I started the game I did not get that intro video, why? (Switch)

Amazing game so far. I had totally forgotten how fun Sonic can be. Mega Drive was my first system and I got Sonic with it. Nostalgia plays some part but this game goes places. Lots of creativity and it nails what Sonic is.

Jayveer

Just bought for the switch even though I pre ordered the pc verison as I couldn't wait, I guess I can play for an hour til 1am even though I have to be up early for work tomorrow. I'll probably regret this..

Ferr986

So first, when I started the game I did not get that intro video, why? (Switch)

Amazing game so far. I had totally forgotten how fun Sonic can be. Mega Drive was my first system and I got Sonic with it. Nostalgia plays some part but this game goes places. Lots of creativity and it nails what Sonic is.

For the intro wait at title screen. It works like CD.

Tizoc

Real talk though
THAT MIRAGE SALOON BOSS
be7b4fb8adbd24a3a06e56b578efe523.630x358x1.jpg

J@hranimo

Banned
So we know that it went live at midnight for Australia, Netherlands and now the UK.

Hopefully NA doesn't drop the ball
they're gonna drop the ball smh

so how many big rings bonus did you find yet? I found one in
Green hill act 2
and one in
Chemical plant act 1

failed the second one, hope i'll be able to get alll the chaos emarald!

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
Yeah, I'm gonna need helping finding a UK Nintendo EShop card to buy with an America CC/PayPal account.

Please? This would make my day.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Amazon got the CE restocked to all consoles, but not on the PC. I'm afraid that my pre order will not be delivered on time... I want that Sonic toy so bad.

But it's not that bad because I bought the game on PSN too.

My issue is that I could buy a UK eShop card, but the game is 15.99, and the only card values are 15 and 25. Ten extra to play early is not worth it.

What time to games generally become available on the eShop in North America? Can't confirm, but some people said 12pm EST on release day.

The Cowboy

OK, Chemical plant Act 2 and that boss at the end may now be my favourite Sonic level/boss ever - the boss was so unexpected/great.

Have you tried cdkeys.com? Pretty sure they accept PayPal and they have £15 and £25 cards in stock

Yeah this looks like the best bet for the £25 cards, since the game is 15 .99, but damn. $32. Guess I'll just wait till midnight.

Having just finished Console Wars last night is making this so much harder than it should be haha.

Robin64

OK, Chemical plant Act 2 and that boss at the end may now be my favourite Sonic level/boss ever - the boss was so unexpected/great.

If you told people that boss would happen, they wouldn't believe you. Amazing level, and the unexpected boss just caps it off beautifully.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Damn it Xbox store says it will be available at 8AM tomorrow. I was hoping I could play it at midnight eastern time.

Duffk1ng

So I fucked up the first blue spheres thing, oops. Figured I'd just restart the level. I've since discovered that every time you try it you get a harder one regardless of whether you passed the first one

Anyone know what the reward for beating one is?

Game runs 1080p60 docked and 720p60 undocked! The main difference between Switch and the other versions is a lack of achievements and added portability / joycon 2P support.
The only difference should just be the code included in the box.
60fps for every version, including Switch, which is specifically mentioned in the eShop description.

Experience the ultimate celebration of past and future in Sonic Mania, an all-new 2D Sonic adventure running at a crisp 60FPS with stunning HD retro-style graphics.

This blurb is also on the Switch eShop itself.

I was about to ask this but searched the thread instead. Since it's been asked probably 10 times already, I'm just going to repost these answers for other curious newcomers.

Who else is double dipping on PS4 and Switch?

Anyone who outdoes me by triple dipping with Steam is gonna catch these spindashes.

I probably will. Getting it on PS4 to start since I don't own a Switch yet, but I'm gonna wanna play this on the go for years to come, I'm sure. It'll be one of my first guaranteed buys when I get a Switch, I imagine with Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey, which is a hell of a fucking lineup as is.

The Cowboy

I've tried not to spoil anything, but I thought the chemical plant zone 2 boss came out with e3 previews
I've been careful with this game (I love the old Sonic games), all I knew about this game was the name and release date (I jumped into the review thread, saw the scores to be sure and bought it) - I know nothing of zones, levels or bosses.

Duffk1ng

So I fucked up the first blue spheres thing, oops. Figured I'd just restart the level. I've since discovered that every time you try it you get a harder one regardless of whether you passed the first one

Anyone know what the reward for beating one is?

Jeez, even starting a new file doesn't reset the difficulty.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Who to play as first: Sonic, Tails, or Knuckles?

I feel like going with Sonic first would be the best way to experience the core soul of the game but damn do I miss playing as Tails.

Well, i'm off work currently (teacher joy) and can stay up as long as I want to play this, so i'm gonna get into bed and use the Switch the way God intended.

Enjoy all. PEACE.

Top Bottom