• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Mania |OT| Dreams Come True

Mark1

Seems like Switch and PC are the most popular options on this forum. Portability is such a big deciding factor clearly 😂

Shahadan

It definitely isn't downhill from there ;)

�� you've seen nothing yet

raah how is this possible
This guy deserves blowjobs or something

I definitely already regret only paying 9 damn euos for this
Will throw money at it on psn and steam. I've never done this before but fuck it.
This is my madeleine de Proust right there. Almost teared up at the beginning and all
How can this be so spot on lmao

Fumpster

So wait.

If you switch your region from Canada to Russia on the eShop, buy the game, switch back to Canadian, and then download it, the game will be credited as a North American version of the game? Like, the NA version is what's tied to my NNID?

Sylas

So wait.

If you switch your region from Canada to Russia on the eShop, buy the game, switch back to Canadian, and then download it, the game will be credited as a North American version of the game? Like, the NA version is what's tied to my NNID?

No. It'll be the RU version of the game but that's effectively meaningless because you'll be able to play it like it's an NA copy.

Little over ten minutes. I stayed up until midnight for an hour's worth of play. Work will be fun tomorrow. I feel like a kid again. A very tired, old, kid.

13ruce

Banned
Lol only did 3 stages but yes this game is already so much better than even sonic 2 and 3+k.

Damn that christian whitehead guy deserves to make more games he and his team should be a official classic sonic team from now on.

Maybe even let him do a 3D game.

That metacritic score is no lie.

Berordn

No. It'll be the RU version of the game but that's effectively meaningless because you'll be able to play it like it's an NA copy.

Depending on how the title is put on the eShop, it actually could just be one universal version and the system will consider it owned in all regions.

Holy shit this is the Sonic we have all been waiting for ladies and gentlemen!

Only one minor gripe, it crashes each time I open the 1-1 leqderboards with Sonic.

Aside from that its amazing really.

Maybe they'll let Streets of Rage V5 team do a remaster/remake of SoR finally or something.

LordKano

Depending on how the title is put on the eShop, it actually could just be one universal version and the system will consider it owned in all regions.

Yeah, most of the games I own are considered as purchased when I check the Japanese eShop, despite having bought them in EU.

The Cowboy

Just downloaded it, good god the animated intro is lovely (almost as good as sonic cd's).

Loving the game so far (with the CRT filter).

Tizoc

OK that's enough Sonic Mania for me.
It's 3 AM, I can beat this game tomorrow before heading to work
Oil Ocean
Boss 2 2 stronk

Huge overscan problem for me with this game. Hopefully Sega will patch it.

Anyway, just beat Act 2. That boss fight... Damn. So this is what the game has in store for me? Okay. This is gonna be fun. It's 1am but fuck it, I'm beating this tonight.

Ravelle

What's the best, least fishy place to by an EU prepaid card?

I usually buy the codes online from digital card sellers, you get your code in seconds or minutes.

I never had any problems with them but couldn't say which one is the most reliable.

VariantX

Just a little over 5 hours before this game finally unlocks on my dashboard. I probably need to stop staring at the clock for my sanity's sake.

Peff

This game is fucking awesome. It takes a little getting used to the fact that the level design requires you to move left more often than the 16-bit games and the CD influence is pretty clear, but the levels are dense and even blazing through there are lots of diferent paths you can take. The OST is stellar and all the little touches with the sprites, backgrounds and fanservice-y moments are just lovely. Honestly, the game could end after the first four zones and I wouldn't feel particularly shortchanged right now, methinks. It really does feel like the long lost Saturn 2D Sonic, and that's pretty much the highest praise I can give.

Also, protip: the game doesn't save mid-zone, so if you finish act 1 make sure you finish act 2 as well.

Ferr986

The credits theme from the menu is also really good. Sucks that it "spoils" an unannounced returning stage though lol

This game is fucking awesome. It takes a little getting used to the fact that the level design requires you to move left more often than the 16-bit games and the CD influence is pretty clear, but the levels are dense and even blazing through there are lots of diferent paths you can take. The OST is stellar and all the little touches with the sprites, backgrounds and fanservice-y moments are just lovely. Honestly, the game could end after the first four zones and I wouldn't feel particularly shortchanged right now, methinks. It really does feel like the long lost Saturn 2D Sonic, and that's pretty much the highest praise I can give.

Also, protip: the game doesn't save mid-zone, so if you finish act 1 make sure you finish act 2 as well.

Any CD influence level design wise is not intentional. Taxman said he's not that much of a fan of CD level design and he prefers 3K. He loves CD visual style though.

Vibed

Heads up, Collector's Editions are available again on Amazon. Though they arrive on Aug 21.

I want that on Switch but I can't wait that long!

Lynd7

Gonna get this soon. I assume there was no new developments on getting a physical release somewhere?

So no issues if I switch regions on Switch (pun intended)? If so, how do I do it?

I have an Xbox One collector's edition coming tomorrow, but I only got that since the Switch version was sold out.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Sorry, I've worked backwards several pages and am not seeing it - do we have a confirmation on when this goes live on the Switch eShop?

Top Bottom