• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

qq more

Ew. Skip Anniversary collection... Especially the Gamecube version, the button swapping is terribad.

And they botched up both MM7 and 8 in all versions :/ Inferior audio and the credits was ruined for MM7.

Ew. Skip Anniversary collection... Especially the Gamecube version, the button swapping is terribad.

And they botched up both MM7 and 8 in all versions :/ Inferior audio and the credits was ruined for MM7.

I say not giving into Nintendo's stupid pricing is a good enough excuse.

Kokonoe

Banned
Mega Man Anniversary didn't ruin anything for me, and in fact it was the first time I ever got to play my favorite Classic game, Mega Man 7.

I'm glad I bought it back then.

Evilore said you either get banned or lose avatar privileges for using APNG avatars

Any game worth less than 5 dollars aren't probably worth playing! At least that's how I see it. Unless it's a mini-game or something.

For a little more than that, you can get a whole collection of games.

qq more

Yeah, but juniors can't find that post without actually knowing about my thread before hand.

Yeah, true. I find it silly that it's an unwritten rule... That reminds me, have they ever added port begging, thread whining and whatnot to the forum rules/FAQ?

For a little more than that, you can get a whole collection of games.

I guess. MM1-6 were handled okay, but MM7... :(

Which reminds me... why haven't they put MM7 on VC yet??? Game is crazy expensive as cart now.

Quackula

I say not giving into Nintendo's stupid pricing is a good enough excuse.

Mega Man - ~$30
Mega Man 2 - ~$15
Mega Man 3 - ~$15
Mega Man 4 - ~$20
Mega Man 5 - ~$50
Mega Man 6 - ~$30

Those are the current prices the physical carts are going for, just for comparison.

I don't really think $5 for a quality NES game is all that unreasonable anyway, especially these games. They're still cream of the crop titles after all.

...but I probably wouldn't buy anything on download that I could get in some other form anyway.

Mega Man - ~$30
Mega Man 2 - ~$15
Mega Man 3 - ~$15
Mega Man 4 - ~$20
Mega Man 5 - ~$50
Mega Man 6 - ~$30

Those are the current prices the physical carts are going for, just for comparison.

I don't really think $5 for a quality NES game is all that unreasonable anyway, especially these games. They're still cream of the crop titles after all.

...but I probably wouldn't buy anything on download that I could get in some other form anyway.

Which is why I advised he get the Anniversary Collection.

TheOGB

Banned
I've been wanting to buy the Mega Man games on eShop myself, but now I'd much rather get into the X series

APNGs, the filesize is low enough for them to work. Dude should change it, pretty sure mods have said anyone using animated avatars will get in trouble.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507038&highlight=

-edit

Did they ever add anything in the rules against APNGs? If they didn't, a lot of new members can get banned without knowing, especially since chrome doesn't natively show APNGs without a plugin.
Evilore said you either get banned or lose avatar privileges for using APNG avatars
;_;

qq more

...oh I should've looked up the price of MMAC on PS2. Extremely cheap. Okay I guess that isn't so bad after all.

Go for that version since it has remixed music (optional but still neat) and better controls. Don't mind the botched MM7 music (not properly looped) I guess.

tigger you win this fight! NEXT TIME TIGGER... NEXT TIME...

(I still prefer VC/physical carts over MMAC though! ...Really glad I got all of the Mega Man NES carts before they became expensive.)

Quackula

Quackula you must have a lot of money.

I work at Wal-Mart so lol not really. Got bills an' shit too. I don't really have any other vices or anything though (I don't smoke or drink, so yeah) so those games are where most of my disposable income goes. It's not like I bought all that stuff in one big swoop.

The more expensive stuff is offset pretty well by the cheaper stuff anyway I think. I nab my fair share of good deals too, so I imagine my price-per-game probably comes out to something pretty reasonable, even factoring in some of those pricier Sega CD and Saturn games I have.

Kokonoe

Banned
I work at Wal-Mart so lol not really. Got bills an' shit too. I don't really have any other vices or anything though (I don't smoke or drink, so yeah) so those games are where most of my disposable income goes. It's not like I bought all that stuff in one big swoop.

The more expensive stuff is offset pretty well by the cheaper stuff anyway I think. I nab my fair share of good deals too, so I imagine my price-per-game probably comes out to something pretty reasonable, even factoring in some of those pricier Sega CD and Saturn games I have.

You're cool in my book.

Carnival Night needs more remixes.

And while the above remix is decent, I think it plays it too safe and is too similar to the original. I wish they could be a touch more creative there.

Goddammit why can't I sleep! It's 4:45 right now and I've been awake since 2. @_@
Can't really empathize. I started playing Earthbound around 11:30, started to feel groggy, reached a save point in Saturn Valley, and basically collapsed on the couch. Got myself out of the couch and into a proper bed at 1:00, and woke up at 9:30.

qq more

QQ, gonna need to see some progress on that game of yours. Don't let it become vaporware.

I've been working on it all day. Made a few new enemies and 75% done with the 2nd level. I'm planning to finish it today.

By the way how goes PSO2? I would really love to play but I'm too busy today :(

EDIT: I should hop on for a minute just to update my character as partner.

I've been working on it all day. Made a few new enemies and 75% done with the 2nd level. I'm planning to finish it today.

By the way how goes PSO2? I would really love to play but I'm too busy today :(

EDIT: I should hop on for a minute just to update my character as partner.

That's good.

You should play PSO2 all weekend, extra Emergency Quests abound...

qq more

That's good.

You should play PSO2 all weekend, extra Emergency Quests abound...

I might play tomorrow. The bet ends on Tuesday right? I'll see if I can squeeze in some time for PSO2. I also have another game to play with my friends and I don't really like abandoning them either.

qq more

Double EXP weekend...

EDIT: Yea Tuesday.

D: The timing could not get any worse. I'll try to play then. I really need to get to LV30 already.

By the way I've updated my character since I wasn't too sure whether I've updated him last night or not. Do you think he should stick with the rocket launcher or use another weapon as partner character?

qq more

You need to experiment to see what works best and also either buy some better weapons or get some drops from higher level areas.

I've been doing that. Got some really neat weapons recently but I can't equip them just yet.

I should also mess with the skill tree.. um, is it possible to reset the skill tree by the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom