• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

Ocean Base is incredible, can't really say much else about it. I was drooling all over YouTube listening to SA3 soundtrack uploads.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I can't really talk bad about it considering that Tatsuyuki Maeda was behind some stuff in there.

Maeda had a hand in Skies of Arcadia, Dragon Force, some of the tracks for Sonic Blast Genesis, and the Sonic Advance games. Granted, he seems to be doing SFX, sound editing, etc. now.

Licensed for US release, thus removed, unfortunately.
Did you finish your homework?

TheOGB

Banned
Hold up

Every track should be Cyber Track

Also great: Twinkle Snow (Act 2 and 3), Sunset Hill (Act 2), Toy Kingdom (Act 1 and 2), Chaos Angel (...actually, that whole zone's pretty good. Route 99 as a whole is also pretty good), every boss theme except Nonagression -Pinch-. Ocean Base was already covered.

Pawn shoppin'

BJkTF93CUAARRNJ.jpg

Finally got around to getting Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together. Always wanted too try this game, though I was kinda wary since I couldn't really get into Final Fantasy Tactics. Pretty cool thus far. Mmmmmmmmm Akihiko Yoshida.

EDIT: ...wait, I can't rename units? Crap, I created the order of SonicGAF for no reason!

Licensed for US release, thus removed, unfortunately.
So are kimi ni todoke, Toradora, Mysterious Girlfriend X, and Ano Hana, yet they're still there.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
...This feels weird.

So, for those who don't really know, I've been going to school for seven years straight. That means no summer breaks at all because I've been going to school during the spring/summer semesters, with very little winter breaks, barely any reading weeks (or spring break as some Americans like to call it, but ours is in February), and barely any vacation time at all. This is my first summer off in seven years, though I have a little thing to do for four hours in the morning when I'm scheduled for it. But wow, this feels so weird. It's rare that I don't have to meet a deadline or anything.

All I've been doing is cleaning and helping out more around the house because I feel like I have to be busy doing something (plus I've had to do more around here for the past few months anyway, thus my lack of posting on gaming side).

Finally got around to getting Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together. Always wanted too try this game, though I was kinda wary since I couldn't really get into Final Fantasy Tactics. Pretty cool thus far. Mmmmmmmmm Akihiko Yoshida.
I named Tactics Ogre one of my games of the year in 2011 for a reason.

I would want to strangle myself with such a schedule, I don't know how you do it. You must really really love that degree you're going for.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Looking back on it, I don't know how I did it either because I did come close at various points to, er, as you put it, strangling myself. Let's just say that the constant stress didn't do me any good and kept adding up to a point. I can only imagine what would have happened if I'd stayed in pre-med.
KuGsj.gif

The funny thing is that I kinda hate school now. I just like to learn, and I feel like I learn better when I look things up independently as opposed to adhering to a syllabus or when I'm forced to learn it / be tested on it. But since you need a piece of paper to do some things in this millennium, I have to go to school to earn that piece of paper. I did actually graduate in 2011 with a BSc, so this is a higher degree that I'm going for. And funny story--in the summer that I graduated from my previous institution, I was still taking courses there during the summer to meet the requirements for the school I'd applied to and gotten into for September of that year. So I ended up skipping my lecture to go to my graduation ceremony instead and having to catch up to the lesson plan that night for the next morning since I had a quiz. I just had a graduation lunch with dad and that's it.

...somewhere in the back of my head, there's a voice telling me to just take some courses and go to school for the summer for the sake of it (ie: to not get bored), but I should really take a break. Everyone's been telling me that I've needed one for a long time.

So now I'm cleaning and babysitting. That's a break.

Yeah, I just got done with this big project me and my teammates have been working on the past month for BCOM. I'm basically done with school until summer classes start, so now I'm just bored as hell playing TF2, working out, watching Arrested Development, and reading old X-men comics.

It's funny, you work hard on school shit for months, thinking, "Mannnn, can't wait to be DONE with this junk", then it's over, and it's like, "so uh...now what"

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Schala should do what I do when I have nothing better to and just sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

zzzzzzzzzz
You guys already know that I don't sleep, haha.

It's funny, you work hard on school shit for months, thinking, "Mannnn, can't wait to be DONE with this junk", then it's over, and it's like, "so uh...now what"
It's true. If I sit around playing video games all day, I just don't feel productive at all. Even when I'm working out like I did earlier today, I feel like I'm not doing enough.

And there's absolutely nothing on TV. I don't watch TV very much, but man, there's literally nothing on TV to have as background noise.

Playing games all day is my way of relaxing, so long as I don't have anything else to do (I need to get a little writing done though) or I get the other things done first (This is what usually happens).

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yeah, I used to do that before I got into Grade 11. Or Grade 10. I don't remember. I do remember it being fun.

*pushes glasses up*

I'm going to blame qq if I begin finding an assortment of design problems in Mega Man 2 at the end of this playthrough. I love this game to death and it's close to my heart because it's one of my first video games ever, but... hmmmmmmmm...

I know qq's gonna come in here and tell me not to listen to any jellybeans next.

Crash Bomb Boss.

qq more

The Crash Bomb boss is awful. Always was. I cannot ever deny that.

But to be fair, every Mega Man game had its share of annoyance.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I could watch anime, but I'm not really in the mood for it right now.

Do your glasses have that weird swirly design on them like in my japanese animes, Schala?
Well I...
Ye... yes, I have that weird swirly design on my glasses. It's because I'm smart, you see.

The Crash Bomb boss is awful. Always was. I cannot ever deny that.
So how are those Xtreme games that Bean and I dislike goin' for ya? :p

4 is the best

of both respective franchises
Faves:
Classic: Er. I'm... I'm re-evaluating. -_-
X: X4
Zero: Zero 3
GB: IV

I'm not as familiar with the MMBN games as I should be considering the genre I typically stick to, apparently; and I'm just now getting through Star Force.

9 would probably be my favorite classic game, X1 my favorite X game, and Zero 3 my favorite Zero game.

I don't like any of the ZX, Battle Network or Star Force games, and it's been years since I've even touched a Legends game, so I can't say much for any of those.

Noi

Classic: 1
X: X1
Zero: 1/3
BN:3
SF:3
Legends: 1

...Only just now realized how much I gravitate to the same numbers.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Well, when Battle Network was at its peak, I was beginning to slip into the studious phase of my life (ie: ignoring many games in favour of working more on schoolwork and concentrating on extracurriculars more + I lacked disposable income at the time, so I didn't get a lot of time with the GBA until later).

God, what were they thinking for the damn Skull Castle in MM2? Some of this is just wonky design. I don't like how the items are just shoehorned into here, where they built the level around the items because outside of one or two paths in the Robot Master stages (or little small things to get items here and there). It's a bit of shame that it seems to suffer from some contentious design at some points as well. Truly, MM9 had the best assortment of weapons. MM2... kinda... well... the Metal Blades are your best friends for life, and I dislike how unbalanced the weapons are. I even feel that in some circumstances, MM1's weapon usage in the final levels was somewhat better than MM2's. >.>

I still love this game, and it's still near and dear to my heart, but it certainly has its share of issues.

Classic: 1
X: X1
Zero: 1/3
BN:3
SF:3
Legends: 1

...Only just now realized how much I gravitate to the same numbers.
I am not surprised with this list in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom