• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, to spin this in a positive light, the fact that there's been far more fake leaks in the past few months shows that there's a lot more people that are actually anticipating a new game. If fakes like these were made say... 5-6 years ago, I doubt as many people would get roped into believing or even caring about this kind of thing.

That's something, I guess. *shrug*

At least we still get games.

Poor Mega Man/Breath of Fire/Suikoden/Shenmue/Onimusha fans.

4BYPoWe.gif

Village

They sold their souls to Mahvel and look where it got them

They sold their souls to cheap western developers more like it. At least Mahvel is good, what is worse is that the people at Mahvel want to do more Mahvel but all the capcom people are doing other things.

TheOGB

Banned
Exactly, it didn't even work :V

Jokes aside, yeah, it's damn near common knowledge that Capcom's management is on some other shit. Thank goodness they're not going to be up western devs' asses as much anymore, but is it worth the mountains of DLC? :p

Nert

They sold their souls to Mahvel and look where it got them

Current balance issues aside, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is my favorite fighting game of all time. I *wish* they would sell their souls to Marvel, as it might result in some updates :D

It's really a shame that management over at Capcom Japan is what it is these days. It always seems like the US branch has to fight tooth and nail to get shit approved these days.

Village

Pretty sure Capcom doesn't have the Marvel license anymore.

No, actually the marvel guys had voiced their willingness to work with them. Capcom outright said that they are working on other stuff. This was a big thing actually, Maximilian did some videos on it. Capcom america working their ass of to try and get this approved, capcom japan wants to keep making whatever game that isn't going to be as good.

Exactly, it didn't even work :V

Jokes aside, yeah, it's damn near common knowledge that Capcom's management is on some other shit. Thank goodness they're not going to be up western devs' asses as much anymore, but is it worth the mountains of DLC? :p

Is it worth them killing off everything. Seriously name a capcom franchise most of them are dead, rebooted and dead, or being driven into the ground. And then there are few of actual merit.

qq more

I can't believe how god awful Capcom has become the past few years. I'm really sad that Mega Man, of all franchises, is dead. Or at least it seems to be dead... Mega Man is actually my #1 favorite gaming franchise and it's just bizarre that the franchise is being treated like this now.

Sciz

who the fuck is Ben Spur
other than "not Wentos"

Chronic smartass, who I personally remember as being an insufferable prat in my days on the GameFAQs Sonic boards. Google Bendilin and you'll come up with a hell of a rap sheet, most of which is thoroughly unsuitable for GAF.

I don't think anyone at Capcom knows what they want to do with the Mega Man franchise anymore. And even if there were a few ideas among some people there, I'd imagine that a proper MM game with a decent budget and developer behind it would probably be harder to greenlight than ever before without Inafune there to push for it, since he was seemingly the driving force behind making things happen for the series.

That said, for all my gripes with the company and their practices, I've still enjoyed a lot of what they've put out this gen, and I really hope they've learned a few lessons from the back half of this console generation going into the next one. Scaling back the outsourcing and going back to internal development sounds look a decent start so far.

Chronic smartass, who I personally remember as being an insufferable prat in my days on the GameFAQs Sonic boards. Google Bendilin and you'll come up with a hell of a rap sheet, most of which is thoroughly unsuitable for GAF.
I miss when 'literally wish they would fucking die' was the worst thing I knew about him. Honestly he's not that bad one to one, but he has an almost sociopathic-need for attention in just about every community he joins.

that being said 'excursions' is sort of hilarious, though I heard about it about an hour before /v/ realized who it was

Village

Well it seems to be basically "THIS GAME IS AWFUL"

Thankfully no "SEGA SHOULD GROW BALLS AND MAKE A SEQUEL" like that on thread a few months back. Good god[/I]

I have no issue with this , since the idea isn't inherently bad, the character can sell games, and sega has decided to actually try nowadays.

Just....dont make sonic heroes again....please.

Village

Sonic Heroes has so much better a case for "okay idea poorly executed" than Shadow that even Knuckles would chuckle.

Shadow may cry, then connected by running sections, you can unlock other characters when you do crap.
^
Something I can get with. Amy Rose In a good combat system, hell yeah.

Heroes? No, the concept is bad. Sonic is better as a solo experiences because each character can offer something different. Having to drag someone around to use them as a tool for the character you want to play as, ruins everything.

Village

"Character-specific routes like in the Mega Drive games except you can switch characters on the fly, allowing for a greater variety in any one play session." Yeah, wretched. Nobody would want to play anything like that.

There are plenty of games people wish to play but turn out to be horrible ideas due the basic game design. The same with movies and other mediums, and life. Have you yourself not wanted something and then realized that you this isn't good and you do not need this.

Sciz

That depends on what you want from the games. If you like speedrunning Sonic Generations and Unleashed, it's probably the worst. If you want more platforming, it might be the best.

That's a fair assessment. It's definitely a bit slower than the Rush games thanks to inheriting boost management from its big brother.

Guys the most amazing thing has happened.

I went to this graphic studio to show them my portfolio and now I am sitting in my own office.

All is well.

Tizoc

At least we still get games.

Poor Mega Man/Breath of Fire/Suikoden/Shenmue/Onimusha fans.

Trying to distance yourself from those series? I know that you, deep down, cry like a baby cuz there isn't a new game for those titles coming out anytime soon. Cutting yourself from those fanbases ain't gonna work.

Besides it's not like a new game in those series would be anything revolutionary for its series or gaming in general.

Heck Capcom could announce a new Megaman game for PSN, XBL, iOS, etc. and my reaction (which just so happens to be my reaction to 9 and 10's release) would just be
iSmpwm4.png

I mean heck you don't see me whinin' or making any comments about SNK not making a new Garou/Fatal Fury game.
WILL YOU PUT GAROU ON STEAM AND PSN ALREADY DAMNIT!

qq more

Seriously. The day Sega announced "a game starring Shadow with guns where you shoot aliens", half the fanbase died inside.
Yep! And not to mention parents complained the game's premise and the swearing.

There's like a good reason why Sonic hasn't been selling as well as he used to. The damage has been done. The stupidest thing you can do is repeating the same mistake.

Guys the most amazing thing has happened.

I went to this graphic studio to show them my portfolio and now I am sitting in my own office.

All is well.

Congrats!

Seriously. The day Sega announced "a game starring Shadow with guns where you shoot aliens", half the fanbase died inside.

My favorite part about that was how a lot of the people I hung around with at the time seriously thought it was actually a joke because no way would they ever do something that stupid.

Village

The premise of Shadow The Hedgehog actually damaged the brand.

How, please explain.

You know what Damages a brand.

Shitty product.

Yep! And not to mention parents complained the game's premise and the swearing.

There's like a good reason why Sonic hasn't been selling as well as he used to. The damage has been done. The stupidest thing you can do is repeating the same mistake.

\

If shadow the hedgehog was an amazing well thought out game, no one would have cared. But it wasn't... it was shitty. If you honestly thing the premise of that game damaged the brand on not sonic team doing a half assed job. We need talk about all the things that horrible premises, that make millions of dollars and get praised, Hell that history of nintendo.

" oh wait that sounds like a bad Id....oh wait its good"

What you describe is not how brand recognition works, what you describe is a bunch people whining.

If you need a scape goat, blame do not blame the premise , blame the execution.

Edit:You want to know why people keep asking sega to remake the shitty games, because they think they could do it with competence now. I am sorry I was ok, just getting of some virus, but that has to be the dumbest assertion I have heard all week. I am sorry , the premise? The premise? Who honestly sits down and thinks...

" you know what made sonic shitty all those years"

" the premise, see thats what made all that gameplay , shitty the premise"

Nintendo-Logo.jpg

That company is a living example how wrong you are. A batter premise wouldn't have kept sega in the console game, quality product does. Every single time they count nintendo out, and what do they do ( for the most part anyway ) thrive.

Do not make excuses for the failings of sonic team.

qq more

ITT: Village doesn't understand how brand damaging works

It's more than just quality. Sonic is a kid friendly video game series. Shadow The Hedgehog was all GUNZ AND SWEARING

If you don't see the problem with this then I'm not gonna fucking bother anymore. Good fucking grief.

EDIT: just saw your post edit, i'm fucking done

Village

ITT: Village doesn't understand how brand damaging works

It's more than just quality. Sonic is a kid friendly video game series. Shadow The Hedgehog was all GUNZ AND SWEARING

If you don't see the problem with this then I'm not gonna fucking bother anymore. Good fucking grief.

Then explain this. This is full of guns and swearing sex and violence, the cartoon where this comes from has none of that. This dispute me thinking those movies art, shitty, make alot of money. Why, because people think these movies are of quality, I think the premise of these movies was a bad Idea.

There is going to be a Transformers 4

Premise be damned , If its good no one will care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom