• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I should set my hype levels to the Richter scale of that quake? release date level bombs with a possible swerve finish, I need to test this forumla...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
New Sonic for Wii U. I don't wanna buy a Wii U, man. That thing's overpriced. But I did say that when a Sonic game comes out on the platform, I'd buy the dang thing.

1368802166-sonic-lostmmbtl.jpg

Zelda... ;-; I really want to buy them, but... ehhhhh. Y'all know how I feel. I'd love to play Ages, but...

For some reason Metroid could prob. bore me with all it's exploration, more so than getting lost and giving up.
But the music!

Isn't it in your backlog? You have the console ver. right? It should have some gameplay elements you'd like. It'd be funny if you end up agreeing with Beef.
You weren't there when I'd just finished Rising and just decided to put DmC RIGHT AFTER for shits and giggles. The contrast between the two was amazing. I was so disappointed.

Beef was laughing at my disappointment.

Yo link me to this FF13 review you wrote please.
I'll put it up on Google Docs later. I guess it could make for a hilarious read because I complained about everything with respect to the game's entire design.

Taxman was on Sonic Retro saying that there's no console sku being targeted at this moment, so that allows them to squash the current bugs that are out there faster :(

Kinda disappointing. I'm all set to buy this on multiple platforms too.
Aw, that's disappointing! But I see why they're doin' what they're doing. Shame, though, because it's a really good port, and I'd definitely buy it again on another platform.

BlackJace

Schala, I'm sure the Wii U price is coming down soon.
I'm not planning on getting one until its about 250-300 anyways.

But omg sanic.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I suppose that this rubbed you the wrong way, eh, Dario?
CriterionDog said:
I wonder if the Sonic Mod community is butthurt for the fact that they won't be able to mod this game, unless it ever comes to PC.
Give me a break. Mods were the best thing that came out of the PC version.

Schala, I'm sure the Wii U price is coming down soon.
I'm not planning on getting one until its about 250-300 anyways.
Not from what I see, but dang, I hope so.

BlackJace

Honestly, the platform needs the games. It's sonic, so it should do pretty well.
Kind peeved I might have to pick up a system up earlier than I intended, but we'll see about the pricing down the road.

Sonic aside, the only other thing that interested me out of that Direct is that I'll finally be able to play Defenders of Oasis in English soon. About damn time, Sega.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Y'all are bananas.

I dunno. I was thinking of grabbing one further down the road. I'll wait until E3, though. There really isn't a lot for the system that I want. That's the problem.

Like...
-laughing at Miiverse
-NSMBU
-Bayonetta 2
-Sonic
-TWW
-Zelda Wii U

And some of those won't be out for a while. I can't really justify dropping cash on a Wii U yet. Especially with respect to region locking right now.

zAaAB.gif

You fiend JC! I'll give you anything you desire, except Viewtiful Joe 3, it's beyond my scope.

ANYWAY, it's really quite simple, by the time all those games come out the console should've dropped in price, though in UK Land i'm pretty sure it's like how low will it go at the moment so maybe my perception is warped.

Y'all are bananas.

I dunno. I was thinking of grabbing one further down the road. I'll wait until E3, though. There really isn't a lot for the system that I want. That's the problem.

Like...
-laughing at Miiverse
-NSMBU
-Bayonetta 2
-Sonic
-TWW
-Zelda Wii U

And some of those won't be out for a while. I can't really justify dropping cash on a Wii U yet. Especially with respect to region locking right now.

*thinks of Wii U titles*

Let's see, for me, the new Sonic, Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3 (though I haven't played the first two), whatever the hell X is... maybe that 101 game...

...shit man.

I would've gotten one by now, but I can't buy much of anything yet :p

MH3U, Smash, whatever. There's probably gonna be some eShop stuff as well, been liking the output on 3DS's shop.

Bayo 2, Sonic and 101 are the only things I'm interested in as far as Wii U goes.

I'm not even interested in the inevitable Smash game this time around, weirdly enough.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Mibbit's being weird.

Then again, my connection's been kinda weird because of the tremor, I guess.

Guess I aint' playing a new Sonic till' 2017. Whatevs, I have Heroes and Shadow to keep me company.
I knew you'd say that. I dunno. I just have to play a Sonic or Zelda game at launch. :x

At this juncture, it was either a used 360 to play Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon or a Wii U for Sonic and TWW. I'm kind of glad I held out, though. I remember I wanted to get one a few months ago until I came to my senses.

But that price. And the lack of support. Hrm.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
In terms of nebulous future WU games, there's also the where the christ did that come from mashup weirdness of Fire Emblem x MegaTen.
That won't be out for a while, though; much like X won't be out for a while, so I'm not thinking of those at all. I'm looking at stuff in the immediate future as opposed to games that are still in the works.

"Is it worth an investment now?" is what I'm wondering.

In terms of nebulous future WU games, there's also the where the christ did that come from mashup weirdness of Fire Emblem x MegaTen.

I honestly cannot muster any hype for that game. It's mostly because 1) I think the crossover has been overused this gen and 2) Do these franchises really have anything to do with each other?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yeah, I get you Noi.

There's a 3DS version? I guess? Time to dust off your 3DS!

I honestly cannot muster any hype for that game. It's mostly because 1) I think the crossover has been overused this gen and 2) Do these franchises really have anything to do with each other?
Well, it's not as out there as Pokemon Conquest. But yes, my... hype levels have decreased with respect to these two things. But the point of a crossover can sometimes be to bring together series that don't have much to do with each other.

The tragedy with Dimps is that stuff like Sonic Advance and Dragon Ball Advance Adventure, and to a lesser extent the Rush games, show that they're entirely capable of making quality side scrolling action games. They just... don't, for some reason.

Darryl

Banned
imagining a game set in that world map above with Generations style gameplay is pretty exciting. i like the choice of colors a lot. i wonder how it'll play. that middle island looks like it could be a hub. the world map could also be set up in a Super Mario World style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom