• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackJace

I'm all in for a SEGA x Mario kart racer.
SUMO understands the sense of speed that I don't think the EAD behind MK has grasped yet.

I'm all in for a SEGA x Mario kart racer.
SUMO understands the sense of speed that I don't think the EAD behind MK has grasped yet.
It's funny, because I know this guy from #srb2fun who insists that Transformed doesn't feel fast at all, while MK7 does.

He really dislikes Transformed, btw. He's crazy.

I haven't checked this topic all day, so, what is everyone's opinion on this Nintendo partnership? I'm personally really excited, it seems like a great move for every party involved and hopefully Lost World is on the level of Colors and Generations.

I don't mind the partnership at all. It sounds like it could be beneficial for both companies. Though no PC releases are kind of a bummer for those who enjoyed the last few PC ports.

Part of me kinda wishes that NST (Well okay, mainly Yasuhara) helped out with Lost World in some capacity, but that's just a silly pipe dream.

qq more

I haven't checked this topic all day, so, what is everyone's opinion on this Nintendo partnership? I'm personally really excited, it seems like a great move for every party involved and hopefully Lost World is on the level of Colors and Generations.

I'm pretty excited about this partnership, honestly. Nintendo and Sega were my childhood game companies so this is pretty neat. I wonder what's the 3rd game...?

I have no real opinion on the partnership.

Games are games. I just want to play them. I do find the lack of a PC release regrettable, though. The mods were the best things to come out of Generations in the wake of a lack of DLC.

Basically this.

One part of me feels happy that my childhood dream is finally coming true, the other part feels pissed that another really good Sonic game will be constrained to an Nintendo system, therefore gaining no acknowledgement as an acceptable Sonic game.

Kokonoe

Banned

Since I have a Wii U, I'm pretty excited.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Schala please make Patrick not move back to Chicago
PATRICK'S LEAVING?! WHAT. First Dave, now Patrick?!

Now today has gotten shittier.

Rorie's playing Brodyquest, so I'm content.

One part of me feels happy that my childhood dream is finally coming true, the other part feels pissed that another really good Sonic game will be constrained to an Nintendo system, therefore gaining no acknowledgement as an acceptable Sonic game.
Perhaps through word-of-mouth, people will feel differently. That's what happened to Colours, after all (though you have a few people who don't say much about it due to not owning a Wii). Colours sold more than Generations did (and Generations was on three platforms as opposed to one).

I'm mostly just looking forward to how the game's going to be right now.

Guys help I can't stop listening to "Jib Jig"

I'm beginning to understand why people like DKC2's soundtrack so much. There's a lot more to the melodies than DKC[1] had.
but FF6 still had a better soundtrack
DKC2 has the best of both worlds, the atmosphere and the melody, it is perfection.
Have a remix

I have been listening to a fair amount of FF6 lately though, certainly a top SNES contender.

"Wii U needs more games"

"FUCK WHY IS IT ON THAT CONSOLE?"

The story of all desirable console exclusives, it's a wonderful cycle to behold, it's like some people quite don't get the idea of exclusives.

The story of all desirable console exclusives, it's a wonderful cycle to behold, it's like some people quite don't get the idea of exclusives.

Haven't a bunch of next gen rumors hinted that third party exclusives are going to be back in a big way this coming generation? The next year or two is going to be hilarious, if so.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
To be fair, I don't really have anything against anyone who don't want to get a Wii U because of Nintendo's network, lack of online support for their own first party games, and even wondering what the Wii U's future would be like. It truly seems like the price is the major deterrent, much like it is for me. If you just don't want support Nintendo based on their principles, I completely understand. If you think the Wii U's price is a little out of your range kind of like I do, then yeah, I do understand (ie: I can get a tablet for <$200 so...).

People being irritated that it's Nintendo-exclusive because they cannot play a potentially 60-fps version on PC and mod it in the future also makes complete sense to me as well.

Though people going, "this game is not on the piece of plastic and metal that I prefer... why isn't it?! Stop making games that I want for that system, grr!" are being completely absurd and it's definitely an attitude that I do not care for on the Internet at all. I can't fucking stand that Systems Wars bullshit.

Uraizen

Banned

On the partnership itself? Exclusives are cool, so I don't mind.

As for the Sonic game, give me 60 fps and I'm okay with it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The thing that makes me happy with respect to this news is that people are actually excited for a Sonic game.

As an aside... for some reason, I am disappointed that I got the Team Sonic variant for Sonic Universe #52.

dsc0058754svw.jpg

Almost wish that if I'd gotten a variant, I'd get the Mega Man cover instead. But I really wanted the normal cover for the sake of it.

Haven't a bunch of next gen rumors hinted that third party exclusives are going to be back in a big way this coming generation? The next year or two is going to be hilarious, if so.

If so it'll be quite a twist from this generation which often had people enraged and furious because of games not being exclusive, either way there will always be salty seas.

To be fair, I don't really have anything against anyone who don't want to get a Wii U because of Nintendo's network, lack of online support for their own first party games, and even wondering what the Wii U's future would be like. It truly seems like the price is the major deterrent, much like it is for me. If you just don't want support Nintendo based on their principles, I completely understand. If you think the Wii U's price is a little out of your range kind of like I do, then yeah, I do understand (ie: I can get a tablet for <$200 so...).

People being irritated that it's Nintendo-exclusive because they cannot play a potentially 60-fps version on PC and mod it in the future also makes complete sense to me as well.

Though people going, "this game is not on the piece of plastic and metal that I prefer... why isn't it?!" are being completely absurd and it's definitely an attitude that I do not care for on the Internet at all. I can't fucking stand that Systems Wars bullshit.

Being irked by such things I do get, lets face it no one actually jumps for joy when a game they may want requires a whole console investment especially if you're not entirely sold on said console for various reasons, I do think actually being outright angry is another thing entirely, seeing the way various gaming threads have been turning as we draw closer to a full on transition to Next Gen I sometimes wonder if people actively search for reasons to rant. Well next week should be interesting on that note with the MS event.

So this all dies down in like three years maybe? can't wait.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Being irked by such things I do get, lets face it no one actually jumps for joy when a game they may want requires a whole console investment especially if you're not entirely sold on said console for various reasons, I do think actually being outright angry is another thing entirely, seeing the way various gaming threads have been turning as we draw closer to a full on transition to Next Gen I sometimes wonder if people actively search for reasons to rant. Well next week should be interesting on that note with the MS event.

So this all dies down in like three years maybe? can't wait.
Oh yes, feeling that they don't want to drop money on a console for the sake of one single game is something I completely get (and it's the position I'm taking right now). That's why I'd listed the games that I *think* I'd want to play on it. I have a 5-game rule now. I kinda got burned by the 3DS launch anyway. Vita launch actually went well for me by comparison. I think being angry and irrational is a completely different thing because some of this stuff is just odd to go on and on about. Wishing for certain companies to fold, for example, because they're not making games on systems you want them to make the games on is just strange.

It won't die in three years. More like five. :p

BlackJace

The thing that makes me happy with respect to this news is that people are actually excited for a Sonic game.

As an aside... for some reason, I am disappointed that I got the Team Sonic variant for Sonic Universe #52.

dsc0058754svw.jpg

Almost wish that if I'd gotten a variant, I'd get the Mega Man cover instead. But I really wanted the normal cover for the sake of it.

Traitor.

The Mega Man Community thread is that way---->
You're either with us or against us! :p

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
It's because my favourite colour is blue.

Also, my copy of Rockman 7 SFC came in today! Wow! I've never played this game in Japanese before, so it'll be a treat. Rockman X3 is still coming, but man, I totally lucked out with the price for both of these. (Okay, you use a dremel tool in order to take the tabs out of a US Game Genie and use the Game Genie to bypass; you can also open the console up and take the tabs in there out (because it's just a physical region-lock, not a software one), but I've chosen not to do that.)

I've been thinking of importing some Japan-only Genesis games since you can also use the Game Genie to bypass the region-lock like you can with the SNES Game Genie apparently? Was that right, Shadow Hog? Wonder if I can find the Sonic Genesis games cheap. Just to have them.

Man, I miss when region-lock used to be easy to break. :V

If Final Fantasy died tomorrow, I wouldn't be too broken up about it, to be honest with you.

Edit: Actually, I'm debating whether or not to take that back. Hmmm...

If all FF is is Lightning, I want it dead.

Hell if Square Enix went backrupt I'd laugh. Squaresoft died a long time ago, those were the guys I liked.

I don't recall liking X4 nearly as much as the first one.

Maybe because X sounded like a pre-pubescent boy scout...

I dunno, I'd have to replay it.

I've been thinking of importing some Japan-only Genesis games since you can also use the Game Genie to bypass the region-lock like you can with the SNES Game Genie apparently? Was that right, Shadow Hog? Wonder if I can find the Sonic Genesis games cheap. Just to have them.

Man, I miss when region-lock used to be easy to break. :V
I believe so.

As far as all that goes, consult with these guys. They generally know what they're doing, and are nice people to boot.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Heh. This is the second-best moment of my day. (Third-best is Sonic.)

Ignore the dust on the game genie because I wanted to see how the darn game (Rockman 7) would work first and I hadn't cleaned it yet. :V

dsc00594qzs3w.jpg
dsc00595rhsqy.jpg
dsc00596easyq.jpg

I'm thinking of opening the sucker up and using a needlenose or a dremel tool to take the tabs off inside the console so I don't have to use the Game Genie bypass. I actually had a hell of a time getting this damn thing to work today, that's why. I had to blow and use the isopropyl alcohol a few times (ie: more than I probably should). So either I buy a new Game Genie and take the tabs out, or just take the console apart (and clean the darn thing with alcohol and some static-free stuff while I'm at it) and stop going through the hassle of using the Game Genie.

I thought it was the Game Genie after a while and not the console because I tested a regular NTSC game out on it and it worked fine. I then tested the same game out on the Game Genie and yeah, the darn thing didn't give out a signal. Cleaned and cleaned that Game Genie, and it works. I'll test it out with another SFC game later to make sure that the Game Genie's still working right.

If all FF is is Lightning, I want it dead.

Hell if Square Enix went backrupt I'd laugh. Squaresoft died a long time ago, those were the guys I liked.
The latest financial figures had me chucklin'. But yeah, if all FF is is Lightning or FNC or whatever, I think I'm done getting the games Day 1 or caring very much in the first place.

Their stuff isn't appealing to me very much in terms of mechanics, difficulty, and game design, so why should I bother to care?

Five years? curse your more realistic estimate, my fantasy land has come crashing down.
Yup. People are pretty hard-headed about this stuff. It's irritating, really.

How did I forget about this gem?
Lots of people tend to seem to forget X4 for some reason, despite lots of it being great. It's probably because it's an easy game unless you do a Barebones X run. Sony said they didn't want to let Capcom bring it over until Capcom threatened to not bring over Resident Evil 2, so I figured the game would have more publicity.

I believe so.

As far as all that goes, consult with these guys. They generally know what they're doing, and are nice people to boot.
Thanks! I'll inquire there when I'm up for buyin' stuff.

Uraizen

Banned
Lots of people tend to seem to forget X4 for some reason, despite lots of it being great. It's probably because it's an easy game unless you do a Barebones X run. Sony said they didn't want to let Capcom bring it over until Capcom threatened to not bring over Resident Evil 2, so I figured the game would have more publicity.

Good job, Capcom.

Would Taxman do an update of the Game Gear games?
Seeing Triple Trouble with Genesis graphics would be amazing. Have a feeling his cryptic hint as to what's after the S1/S2 remakes was about S3&K, which I imagine would be a much bigger undertaking than the previous remakes have been.

Also Lost World while we know almost nothing about it looks neat (love that they're going back to the abstract/Escher-look that was so prevalent in Sonic 1/CD) and a Mario Kart X Sonic Racing crossover is the sort of shot in the arm the former series needs, MK7 notwithstanding.
I better get my fucking Funky Kong if it does happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom