• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing Triple Trouble with Genesis graphics would be amazing. Have a feeling his cryptic hint as to what's after the S1/S2 remakes was about S3&K, which I imagine would be a much bigger undertaking than the previous remakes have been.

I have high expectations for when he finally gets around to S3&K. At the very least, they need to be a single package. At the very most, I want Hyper Tails.

I better get my fucking Funky Kong if it does happen

Finally, someone with some god damn priorities around here.

Village

Because it was satisfying fans too much.

I think its because it may not be that many fans to satisfy. And capcom seems money hungry-er as of late. So much so they have wrecked a slew of their franchises.

When you are trying to get that new western dudebro money , old small money like blue shooty and red slicy seem inconsequential.

Not saying all their franchises are like that, but they have wrecked shit this last gen.

Also ,Chotix in one car for if that mario sonic thing does happen.

Kokonoe

Banned
Also:

Is this modern Ristar?

yDSiLXV.jpg

qq more

Also:

Is this modern Ristar?

yDSiLXV.jpg

Where did this come from?

I think its because it may not be that many fans to satisfy. And capcom seems money hungry-er as of late. So much so they have wrecked a slew of their franchises.

When you are trying to get that new western dudebro money , old small money like blue shooty and red slicy seem inconsequential.

Not saying all their franchises are like that, but they have wrecked shit this last gen.

Also ,Chotix in one car for if that mario sonic thing does happen.

I was joking...

Mascot profile:

Name: SegaSammy Rooter
Sex: Male
Hobbies: Physical Activity (Sports)
Skills: Sports in general, especially track and field, baseball, and snowboarding, which are my specialties!

qq more

Mascot profile:

Name: SegaSammy Rooter
Sex: Male
Hobbies: Physical Activity (Sports)
Skills: Sports in general, especially track and field, baseball, and snowboarding, which are my specialties!

I'm assuming that's the Ristar lookalike. What page is this from? I wanna see the other characters of whatever this is.

qq more

Thanks you two!

...I wish SEGA would make a Ristar sequel already. Or maybe do a cool Retro Engine port... but what would they enhance other than the usual generic features (widescreen, saves, etc)? Hmmm

Bio:
A star kid who has the power to call forth good fortune ("shooting stars" or "wishing stars", as they're known here). Hails from a distant planet where there is no Earth.
On his planet, the culture around the structured games we know as "sports" didn't really exist.
One day, SegaSammy Rooter was watching TV when the signal picked up one of Earth's broadcasts. He took a great liking to these "sports" that he saw, and seeking to experience the excitement and fun he witnessed, he ventured towards Earth...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
It's so intriguing how many people are excited for the new Sonic game. Generations and Colours did good. Dang, Sega.

Also something something nostalgia something something since that sort of argument rubs me the wrong way.

qq more

It's so intriguing how many people are excited for the new Sonic game. Generations and Colours did good. Dang, Sega.

Also something something nostalgia something something since that sort of argument rubs me the wrong way.

...Did someone pull that shit off in that thread just now?

...Did someone pull that shit off in that thread just now?
I saw a guy asking why people liked Tails and Knuckles, specifically, out of Sonic's "shitty" friends, and whether or not it was just nostalgia.

Frankly, I'm a little annoyed by the constant assertion that Sonic as a series is strictly forbidden, for some reason, from having new characters ever, because they're automatically shitty. New playable characters, I will grant you - unless the characters provide a worthwhile alternative to the main gameplay, there's no reason to stray from just Sonic - but plotline-wise, I'm okay with a new face showing up here and there. I actually like (or at least tolerate) a good chunk of the cast, even if I'd rather never play as them.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I saw a guy asking why people liked Tails and Knuckles, specifically, out of Sonic's "shitty" friends, and whether or not it was just nostalgia.

Frankly, I'm a little annoyed by the constant assertion that Sonic as a series is strictly forbidden, for some reason, from having new characters ever, because they're automatically shitty. New playable characters, I will grant you - unless the characters provide a worthwhile alternative to the main gameplay, there's no reason to stray from just Sonic - but plotline-wise, I'm okay with a new face showing up here and there. I actually like (or at least tolerate) a good chunk of the cast, even if I'd rather never play as them.
And I explained that it wasn't and that their existence was mechanically-sound and fit in with stage designs with respect to utilizing their abilities. But yes, just go for the posts that talk about characterization as opposed the ones hinting at sound level design. That's great.

I really don't mind new characters in general either! Just as long as they're written well, and bring something decent to the table. People balking at the prospect of new characters (NPC or PC) doesn't really strike me as odd because there is precedent there with respect to it not working out well at all (and let's face it; there have been duds). However, saying that Sega doesn't really deserve a shot at creating new characters because there have been more duds than successes like Blaze is just ludicrous to me. I like some of the NPC characters. I don't mind some of the NPC characters.

Eh. I get it, but at the same time, I wish people wouldn't be so adamant with respect to introducing new characters within the Sonic universe.

Noi

As long as they stop trying to make other realistic humans as main characters, I'm ok with NPCs in general.

...Given that they don't pick the most grating voice possible for them anyway.

I'm pleasantly surprised that with all the Sonic threads on Gaming side today, not a single one (to my knowledge) devolved into posting stupid shit like bad fanart or anything.

That's definitely progress.

Kokonoe

Banned

I already have that argument covered, even if the theme of the subject is of Pokemon.

Nostalgia

Another thing that is brought up is that people will reference nostalgia if they like the previous versions, however, that line of thinking doesn't make sense. Nostalgia simply means a memory of a past good time, it does not mean biased, and nostalgia will never have that effect unless the person is biased. Because someone likes something else, it doesn't equate to a specific negative reason, and to tie to to that would make you actually the biased one.

I think using nostalgia is rather silly in itself, there are reasons people like whatever they like. Now, if it's from someone who stopped playing at the original games and says "the newer Pokemon games are terrible, blahblahblah." then there's where that argument can be brought up. For those who will say they liked the older generations more, and have participated in the later gens, I don't think it's fair at all to label that as nostalgia. It can easily be thrown around without any given reason, and has no basis unless it's what I stated before about never playing the games.

Let's say DPP/BW are your favorite versions, and ten years from now you still think they are your favorites, that wouldn't make you "nostalgic". And yes, I think there are highs and lows to every generation, it's purely preference in the end.

Kokonoe

Banned
Although to be honest, when you make a thread about the characters themselves, I don't really see how one could say "I hate this character because of their gameplay". It doesn't really make sense. You can dislike them both one in the same, but they are two separate entities at the end of the day. Gameplay with that character can change with time, it would be like saying you don't like Sonic The Hedgehog because of Sonic 2006.

qq more

Although to be honest, when you make a thread about the characters themselves, I don't really see how one could say "I hate this character because of their gameplay". It doesn't really make sense. You can dislike them both one in the same, but they are two separate entities at the end of the day. Gameplay with that character can change with time, it would be like saying you don't like Sonic The Hedgehog because of Sonic 2006.
It kind of depends for some people I guess. Some people only care about the gameplay aspect of the games, so if there was a character whose gameplay is only terrible (and never was good), it would make sense for that person to hate the character because they'd only associate him/her with the gameplay they represented.

This isn't to say I follow this line of thinking. I don't mind Big himself. He's hilarious and is made better with the fact he was voiced by Duke Nukem! (And he's seriously damn brave to go through all of the trouble to save his little frog friend)

Kokonoe

Banned
It kind of depends for some people I guess. Some people only care about the gameplay aspect of the games, so if there was a character whose gameplay is only terrible (and never was good), it would make sense for that person to hate the character because they'd only associate him/her with the gameplay they represented. I hope that made sense.

This isn't to say I follow this line of thinking. I don't mind Big himself. He's hilarious and is made better with the fact he was voiced by Duke Nukem! (And he's seriously damn brave to go through all of the trouble to save his little frog friend)

Actually, at the end of the day you're (not you) still disliking the gameplay and not the character. It doesn't make a lick of sense if we're discussing Sonic with logic anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom